Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

We ended up getting our room request only after they assigned us to a room that was already occupied! :scared1:

Thankfully no one was in the room when we opened the door!
Hopefully that wasn't Room 4441 ;) What an awful mistake.

Music was packed this past week. Food court was full every time I went in and very long lines (and waits) for all the buses. I was very happy with my stay here 20 years ago, this time it was just ok. I would probably stay again though if the price was right.
I agree!! Very packed! The buss waits were hit or miss with us. Sometimes a bus came quickly but other times the bus took almost a half hr. I tried adding a night on to the end of my trip and there was nothing available! We had to stay overnight at an offsite hotel, which wasn’t the greatest. :worried:

I agree!! Very packed! The buss waits were hit or miss with us. Sometimes a bus came quickly but other times the bus took almost a half hr. I tried adding a night on to the end of my trip and there was nothing available! We had to stay overnight at an offsite hotel, which wasn’t the greatest. :worried:
Bus waits for a miss for me every day. I waited at least 20 minutes each time I went to a park and on the way back to the resort every other All Star resort had 2 or 3 buses for every 1 for Music. Very disappointed in the bus service this trip.

Bus waits for a miss for me every day. I waited at least 20 minutes each time I went to a park and on the way back to the resort every other All Star resort had 2 or 3 buses for every 1 for Music. Very disappointed in the bus service this trip.

It's funny that timing is everything. My cousins have been there since Sunday and have been texting me all week about how awesome the buses have been. This is their first stay at an All Star and were very worried about the buses. I tried to calm their nerves but they were still leery. So I've been getting texts like "OMG, 3rd morning in a row walking up and right onto a bus!"

Yes! Same here!! We were at Epcot one night and saw 3 buses come for Sports and 2 for Movies and none for Music!! It was crazy!

We had the opposite bus experience in June staying at Sports. No busses came for sports and 3 for Music. When the 3rd one showed up and no one was inline at Music for it someone went over to the bus driver and told him what had happened and the driver called dispatch and moved over to our line and took us! It was so great of him as we had been waiting for 45 minutes at that time.

Buses were hit or miss for us as well.

One morning the buses were so slow and the line so backed up for MK, it caused us to get there after the morning show, which was a huge disappointment. We didn’t get on the first bus because it was full and the next one didn’t come for 25 minutes.

Just got back. We arrived the morning of the 26th. I guess they were trying to grant our room request, but it wasn't ready yet, so we opted for a room that was ready, one building over in the Broadway section. The walk to the food court really wasn't as bad as people make it out to be. It's certainly nothing compared to the 10 miles we averaged per day in the parks. I still prefer Pop Century, but All Star Music wasn't bad. I wasn't in love with the food court choices, but we ate at the parks most of the time. The buses weren't too bad overall. The worst was at MGM after we stayed for Fantasmic. Huge line at the bus stop, but that is expected with staying until the end of the night.

Just back from first stay at Music 11/30-12/6. This is the least appealing of the All Stars to me, but was my only choice if I wanted on site value these dates. Overall, it wasn't horrible. I was Broadway bldg 8 first floor, timed walk from bus at 5.5 min. Not too bad, but didn't have kids in tow & my pace is pretty quick. I would not have wanted to walk 10 min. round trip to fill a mug or carry a mug around all day. Bus timing was adequate, used app to see bus arrival times before leaving my room. Did not eat at food court except to buy a few grocery items to keep in room to eat & to use hot water dispenser to make hot tea & cocoa I brought. Had some trouble with not getting room cleaned & on 3rd day talked with front desk (very long wait to talk with them), to explain I had not opted out of cleaning & was not being compensated & yet my room was not being cleaned. So, they set me up to opt out & gave me a gift card. Told me to call if I needed anything. So, I call for towel & trash service. They bring clean towels but don't take dirties & don't take trash. Call #2 was late night, gave them 20 min to come finish the job. They didn't make it so I left dirty towels outside my door (now day 4 of stay). Day 5 call #3, I ask again for trash service. Lady on phone explains she can see each call & my request for trash. Disappointed I couldn't get my trash handled for 5 days!!

Last edited:
Does the food court have toaster for use and cups of peanut butter? I will be training for marathon while there and would like to bring English muffins to toast for breakfast with peanut butter vs buying if possible. I believe there is also a loop I can run on as well, correct?

Does the food court have toaster for use and cups of peanut butter? I will be training for marathon while there and would like to bring English muffins to toast for breakfast with peanut butter vs buying if possible.

Yes. There are toasters you can use and packets of peanut butter available for purchase.

I believe there is also a loop I can run on as well, correct?

Yup.

Does the food court have toaster for use and cups of peanut butter? I will be training for marathon while there and would like to bring English muffins to toast for breakfast with peanut butter vs buying if possible. I believe there is also a loop I can run on as well, correct?

I saw some 4 packs of Jif cups at the Dollar Tree a few weeks ago if you decided you wanted to buy some ahead of time.

I just booked a trip at All-Star Music for May 19-35, 2019. This will be a mother/daughter trip! We had originally thought about booking at All-Star Movies, but the discount was better at ASMu. This will be our first time at a value resort. We are excited to check this resort out! Can you still opt out of housekeeping? We did this on our last trip at POR, and it was nice.

I just booked a trip at All-Star Music for May 19-35, 2019. This will be a mother/daughter trip! We had originally thought about booking at All-Star Movies, but the discount was better at ASMu. This will be our first time at a value resort. We are excited to check this resort out! Can you still opt out of housekeeping? We did this on our last trip at POR, and it was nice.
How exciting we love the All Stars I have stayed at all of them. For our family they offer that first glimpse of magic. While all Disney’s Resort are awesome the All Stars and AOA scream I’m at Disney.

Yay! Sounds like an awesome trip. We stayed at ASMu in 2017 and have another trip planned for December, staying in a family suite. We love the thematics, the location in relation to the other AS resorts and the value for our large family. Have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter