Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

Hi we are staying here November 5th in a family suite.
Does anyone have any information about the following...
Size of the fridge/freezer?
Is the sofa bed comfortable enough for two adults (for 15 nights)
Is cutlery/plates etc provided?
Where abouts in the resort are the rooms located?

Thank you!

Amy

I'd choose the building 8 without hesitation. But if you are looking for a room close to the main building, then I'd request a different building

p07jmt826ggbhx2x.png

x7yaex17yf5k7ce0.png

Since I am not paying for a preferred room buildings 8 & 3 are the only buildings after preferred, correct? I know Jazz use to be standard, but is now considered preferred. :confused3

Size of the fridge/freezer?
Is the sofa bed comfortable enough for two adults (for 15 nights)
Is cutlery/plates etc provided?
Where abouts in the resort are the rooms located?

Thank you!

Amy

We'll be in the suites the same time, from 11/3-9. I haven't been there yet so I can't answer most of your questions. But there is a thread here dedicated to the suites that might have something helpful. The oldest posts are pretty old, but there are newer ones. As for where the suites are, they're in the Calypso and Jazz Buildings. I believe that all of the Calypso and Jazz buildings have a mix of suites and preferred rooms.

Since I am not paying for a preferred room buildings 8 & 3 are the only buildings after preferred, correct? I know Jazz use to be standard, but is now considered preferred. :confused3
Yes they can be however, there are certain rooms in the preferred sections with preferred rooms. If that makes sense. The rest can be the standard

Hi All! :wave2:

We will be staying in a preferred room at All Star Music in a few weeks.

I will calling in my room request soon. I was thinking of asking for Callyspo building 10, since it seems to be closest to transportation.

Would it be best to request the specific building or just ask to be close to transportation? I’m just wondering what they would consider “close”.

Are there any rooms that look directly over the parking lot in the preferred buildings? I would prefer not to be in one of those (it kind of ruins the magic for me!)

Thanks!

Are there any rooms that look directly over the parking lot in the preferred buildings? I would prefer not to be in one of those (it kind of ruins the magic for me!)
Yes there are. I stayed in one, Calypso Building 1. But I actually requested it, since I had a car so I wanted to be close to the parking lot.
I think both building 10 and 1 are about the same from the buses, maybe 10 a little closer.
You could probably request pool side building 10 to be close to the bus.
Just a note - I found the pool side quite noisy. But it depends what's important to you. It's pretty much a pool view or parking lot view though.

Yes there are. I stayed in one, Calypso Building 1. But I actually requested it, since I had a car so I wanted to be close to the parking lot.
I think both building 10 and 1 are about the same from the buses, maybe 10 a little closer.
You could probably request pool side building 10 to be close to the bus.
Just a note - I found the pool side quite noisy. But it depends what's important to you. It's pretty much a pool view or parking lot view though.

Thank you!

Joining in here. Staying at Music for the first time in about 2 weeks, standard room, requested building 8. I've stayed at the other 2 All Stars and Music has the least appeal to me because I'm BIG on transportation timing and no rooms are close to buses. At Movies, I stayed in Mighty Ducks bldg and walked over to use Music buses. Movies has rooms closer to the Music bus stop than Music does. I'm going to keep looking for openings at another value, but I'm also ready to embrace a new experience and trying to learn as much as I can about the resort.

Size of the fridge/freezer? a dorm fridge
Is the sofa bed comfortable enough for two adults (for 15 nights) 1 & adult & 1 10 year old slept on one for 5 nights & didn't complain
Is cutlery/plates etc provided? I know there were paper bowls & cups, plastic forks & spoons
Where abouts in the resort are the rooms located? Calypso & Jazz

Thank you!

Amy

Staying here in Sep 2019 in a family suite. If renovations are underway here at this time (purely speculation, as I know movies is not yet done) will they have already renovated these? Any idea on reno at this resort at all?

Just booked a room last min on Saturday for dec 3-7 (crazy right?). I have requested the broadway section and we will be arriving in Orlando at 6 at night. Has anyone ever arrived at here pretty late at night for check-in and still got their requested room?

x7yaex17yf5k7ce0.png

We arrived at 7:00 the Tuesday before thanksgiving and got our request. Call number listed for the resort if a travel agent made your reservation they have to call

Just booked a room last min on Saturday for dec 3-7 (crazy right?). I have requested the broadway section and we will be arriving in Orlando at 6 at night. Has anyone ever arrived at here pretty late at night for check-in and still got their requested room?

x7yaex17yf5k7ce0.png

Yup. Rooms are assigned 2-3 days out so it doesn't matter when you arrive.

I arrived on Monday 26 @ 2 pm and didn't get the section I requested but I did enjoy my room in the Rock section.

I wanted Broadway too. The cast member at check in called to see if there was space for me but sadly it was fully booked. I was a little bit disappointed.

I guess they are serious when they say requests aren’t guaranteed. I was at Music this week too and requested Broadway, 1st floor. I got Broadway, but 3rd flood. :confused3

We ended up getting our room request only after they assigned us to a room that was already occupied! :scared1:

Thankfully no one was in the room when we opened the door!

Music was packed this past week. Food court was full every time I went in and very long lines (and waits) for all the buses. I was very happy with my stay here 20 years ago, this time it was just ok. I would probably stay again though if the price was right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter