Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

Oh I know! To me, that's free breakfast one day! Every little bit counts!

Amen!! I'll get $30 - but since I'm not even getting in until after midnight (most likely unless I hit the tailwind and DME lottery), it's almost like I'm not even losing on a night! :)

Can you make room requests at ASMu? I’m doing online check in and I see the boxes for room requests but the only drop option is “select” with no other words, and I’m not able to type anything. I’ve tried on both the MDE app and computer. I have a preferred room booked - I don’t know if that makes any difference?

I just tried this for ASMo resort, we leave in 2 weeks. I am also not able to select anything. I just started another thread asking if i missed my window for online room requests. I did call to add my room requests to my reservation but found it odd that online i couldnt.

Can you make room requests at ASMu? I’m doing online check in and I see the boxes for room requests but the only drop option is “select” with no other words, and I’m not able to type anything. I’ve tried on both the MDE app and computer. I have a preferred room booked - I don’t know if that makes any difference?

Mine only shows select also. I know in the past I made requests online. This time I called since it wasn’t available.

Last edited:

I *think* no one has been able to make room requests online for quite some time - at all resorts. If you want a specific section, have it noted on your reservation when you call or have Touring Plans fax a request.

The online request choices have been really buggy. For my most recent trip to Pop Century, I could make selections but it only saved the second selection. (Which in my case, actually worked as a request.)

That other resorts have no choices to select is no surprise.

And so far the online requests, even when working, have no idea what type of room you have selected. So for example with a preferred room, there's nothing technical built in to keep you from requesting a standard building.

Last edited:

I had the same issue. I have a standard room.

I need to call and make room preference selections today, but I have no idea which rooms are best? It's just DH and I this trip and our first onsite stay. I know the closest to the main building are the preferred rooms, but other than that, what would be the best section to request?

I need to call and make room preference selections today, but I have no idea which rooms are best? It's just DH and I this trip and our first onsite stay. I know the closest to the main building are the preferred rooms, but other than that, what would be the best section to request?

if you're in a standard room it's personal preference since they're all the same distance to the main building but I like Broadway the best since it's so pretty, especially at night. if you have preferred, calypso is the closest to the main building but also the main pool, so it can be louder.

View attachment 337052
Any idea what the renovation to the Family Suites will be like? Murphy bed? Sleeper chair?

I'm wondering the same thing. I also noticed that the first two weeks of May 2019 none of these suites are available. So it made me wonder if that is when they planned the renovations for those...but seems like too short of a period, but maybe they will have these renovations down to a science by then. :)

I'm wondering the same thing. I also noticed that the first two weeks of May 2019 none of these suites are available. So it made me wonder if that is when they planned the renovations for those...but seems like too short of a period, but maybe they will have these renovations down to a science by then.

I spot-checked a two-night stay for a party of three at Music during the week of May 6, 2019, and family suites shows up as an option. In my experience room availability on the site varies greatly depending on your arrival day, departure day, and party size.

Is there any room that you can see the firewworks from hollywood or epcot or MK?
Not sure about Music,but the high fireworks from DHS can be seen in a few places at Sports.

We have had rooms in Building 6 at Sports where we could see them.:)

For Epcot,about the only thing we have ever seen from Sports is a "flash" in the sky FROM the high fireworks,but not the actual high fireworks,but you can DEFINITELY hear the fireworks from Epcot.

For Magic Kingdom,nada.:)

Not sure about Music,but the high fireworks from DHS can be seen in a few places at Sports.

We have had rooms in Building 6 at Sports where we could see them.:)

For Epcot,about the only thing we have ever seen from Sports is a "flash" in the sky FROM the high fireworks,but not the actual high fireworks,but you can DEFINITELY hear the fireworks from Epcot.

For Magic Kingdom,nada.:)
Awesome thanks for the reply. Really looking forward to the stay.

I booked a Family Suite at All Star Music for Jan. 2019. Is there a possibility that my ressie would be changed by Disney because of refurbishment? I had just started reading this thread and saw the refurb posts after having booked the Suite. Would I have been allowed to book a Suite for January if Disney thought it may not be available? Thank-you!

I booked a Family Suite at All Star Music for Jan. 2019. Is there a possibility that my ressie would be changed by Disney because of refurbishment? I had just started reading this thread and saw the refurb posts after having booked the Suite. Would I have been allowed to book a Suite for January if Disney thought it may not be available? Thank-you!

The “report” I see above is MAY and they are not available. So my guess is you will be fine in JANUARY.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter