Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

I know it would be a guess but any idea how much of the resort refurb would be done by August 2019? We normally stay at POP but thinking about trying Music next trip.

Thank you. We love POP but just afraid what the rates will be for next year and since we really only need a clean room to sleep because we are in the parks from opening to closing are considering the switch to Music.

I apologize, I haven't read all 78 pages, so I am sure it was asked before. Is this one of the resorts that you can opt out of mousekeeping and get a giftcard? Just trying to figure out how much cash I would need to bring, and if I have to have mousekeeping I will need more cash. Also, looks like Rock and Broadway are about the same distance from the lobby? Just wondering if either one would be better to request.

I apologize, I haven't read all 78 pages, so I am sure it was asked before. Is this one of the resorts that you can opt out of mousekeeping and get a giftcard? Just trying to figure out how much cash I would need to bring, and if I have to have mousekeeping I will need more cash. Also, looks like Rock and Broadway are about the same distance from the lobby? Just wondering if either one would be better to request.
You can opt out at Music.:)

We like Broadway better-it is very pretty at night.:)

We just got back from staying at All-Star Music on a room deal between cheerleader onslaughts. We spoke to both cast members and some of the cheerleading event staff about the competitions to get an idea what we were in for. It turns out there are two events on successive weekends. The teams start arriving on Thursday afternoon and the competitions run Friday through Sunday. So our deal had us there between these.

For us, this worked out quite well. We were at the resort Monday through Thursday. The resort was pretty crowded on Monday but, after that, it was pretty quiet. The first night there were teenagers running around the hallways and doors slamming but we were so tired after all day at the park that it wasn't too tough to sleep. Zero issues after that. One morning we spent an hour or so at the pool from when it opened and had it pretty much to ourselves. There were lines for food only when groups were heading out early to the parks. Other than that, we were able to walk up and get what we needed without waiting at all.

The Magic Kingdom was a little crowded on Monday but the evening extra magic hours were perfect. The rest of the week was not too bad at the rest of the parks. We did a water park on Thursday and it was walk on to pretty much every slide all day. Bus transportation was not noticeably more difficult either. We did find Disney Springs was REALLY busy in the evenings all week.

Staying at Music for the 1st time in 11 years in August. Quick question do you think each all start resort will have their own dedicated bus in August?

Thanks for this info. We asked for and got the opt out. Also stayed at Broadway and liked it quite a bit.

How bad was the walk from Broadway seriously? Going to try to request a room around the area that looked closest to the lobby to me on the map. I've seen so many people say it is a horrendous walk and others say it's not too bad.

Staying at Music for the 1st time in 11 years in August. Quick question do you think each all start resort will have their own dedicated bus in August?
Most of the time there are dedicated buses. You might share if it's an off peak time like the middle of the day or you are going to one of the waterparks.

The whole bus sharing thing gets blown way out of proportion. Don't give it a second thought. BTW, no one gets huffy about the fact that at POP you might have to wait for a second bus because the line was so long. They also don't get huffy about the mod and deluxe buses making multiple stops.

Hello! We stayed here two weeks ago. We only shared buses twice - during the middle of the day leaving Epcot and Animal Kingdom. It honestly was NOT a big deal at all. Because ASMusic is the "middle" resort, we only had to wait on one drop off and it wasn't long at all. It wouldn't deter me from staying here again.

Most of the time there are dedicated buses. You might share if it's an off peak time like the middle of the day or you are going to one of the waterparks.

The whole bus sharing thing gets blown way out of proportion. Don't give it a second thought. BTW, no one gets huffy about the fact that at POP you might have to wait for a second bus because the line was so long. They also don't get huffy about the mod and deluxe buses making multiple stops.

My thoughts exactly!!! I keep seeing this questioned asked multiple time!

Does anyone know if they still have the taco salad at lunch at the foodcourt-Allears has it on their menu but Disney does not.Also if still there,what is lunch hours?

How bad was the walk from Broadway seriously? Going to try to request a room around the area that looked closest to the lobby to me on the map. I've seen so many people say it is a horrendous walk and others say it's not too bad.

It's long enough that to do the walk once is not a big deal, but I'd be annoyed if I was up front and forgot something in my room. And I love the Broadway section. Request building 8 for a bit of a shorter walk.

It's long enough that to do the walk once is not a big deal, but I'd be annoyed if I was up front and forgot something in my room. And I love the Broadway section. Request building 8 for a bit of a shorter walk.

Thank you. I didn't think it would be that big of a deal considering all the walking you do at Disney, but reading some of the things people say about the distance made me worry. I was thinking building 8, one of the rooms near what I guess you would consider the main walkway.

Thank you. I didn't think it would be that big of a deal considering all the walking you do at Disney, but reading some of the things people say about the distance made me worry. I was thinking building 8, one of the rooms near what I guess you would consider the main walkway.

Many people exaggerate distance on these forums. I was just at Boardwalk, at the end of the hallway by the tennis courts, and some people have stated that the walk from the lobby to the end of the hall is 15 minutes. It's actually 3 minutes (I timed it, while dragging 2 large suitcases, so it's probably even faster ). Take everyone's perception with a grain of salt! At the end of a Disney day, any amount of walking can feel like A LONG distance. Broadway is beautiful,especially at night. Enjoy your trip!

I've stayed at the All Stars with bus sharing and also dedicated buses. It really isn't a big difference in time. If you share you just stop coming or going when staying at Music. But to answer your question, I think it depends on crowd level. Most likely you'll have dedicated buses morning/night and may have to share in the middle of the day.

We made an executive decision today: Instead of driving for eight hours and then spending the night at a hotel in Georgia and paying $175, we're taking advantage of the Enchanted Escape deal, meaning we're going to power through our road trip and then pay $100 for a single night at ASMu! I have stayed here once before, 21 years ago, so I know things have changed. And I also acknowledge that we will be arriving late in the evening (probably around 11PM) and then checking out the next day for our even longer split stays at AKL and CR, so we're not really going to have a chance to experience much of anything while there except for sleeping in our room (standard, non-preferred).

My big important question is: How are the parking lots? It seems like the standard room buildings share parking lots with Movies and Sports, and I'm wondering just how packed everything gets. After such a long drive, all we're going to want to do is get our overnight bags and then have a short walk to our room to collapse in bed. I want to just be prepared to save ourselves some aggravation if it's a pain to park in a certain lot while staying in a certain building. Is there anything I should avoid?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!