Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

I wanted Music but only Movies was available so I am booked there in a standard room. If I request Mighty Ducks how close will I actually be to the buses and food court at Music? If I get Mighty Ducks and I completed online check in and have my room assigned on arrival, should I just get off the Disney Express at Music? I assume it stops at Sports, Music and then Movies last.

Here is the map showing relative distance. If you aren't checking in at desk I don't see any reason you couldn't get off at music.

Attachments

• IMG_1636.JPG
    IMG_1636.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 45
Read thru much of this thread..our first time at all star music...have only stayed at pop..4×...interested in more of a quiet section...wife always wants ground floor ..i always say people above could be noisy ...maybe a quiet spot top floor right next to elevator.... what would the vets say

I'm staying at the Music resort for the first time in about 10-15 years. I'm super excited because my kiddo is completely into music. He wanted to stay at Pop but of course I couldn't get a room.

I wanted Music but only Movies was available so I am booked there in a standard room. If I request Mighty Ducks how close will I actually be to the buses and food court at Music? If I get Mighty Ducks and I completed online check in and have my room assigned on arrival, should I just get off the Disney Express at Music? I assume it stops at Sports, Music and then Movies last.
From Ducks you can be at Intermission Food Court in about 2 minutes!:)

I would just stay on DME and get of at Movies since you are "registered" to Movies.:)

Just returned from a great stay at All Star Music! I'm a very light sleeper so I requested 3rd floor in the Rock Inn section. It was quiet and not too far from the buses etc. I will definitely be staying here again.

Having stayed at both Music and Movies in the past, I've decided that if Movies is available, I'd stay there in the Mighty Ducks section rather than staying at Music. In my experience, I think the Ducks section is more convenient to Intermission Hall at Music than rooms in Broadway, Country Fair, or Rock.

As for DME, I suppose if you get the email/text confirmation that your room is ready, you could get off at Music if the bus stops there. It may not though unless there's other guests on your bus staying at Music.

Having stayed at both Music and Movies in the past, I've decided that if Movies is available, I'd stay there in the Mighty Ducks section rather than staying at Music. In my experience, I think the Ducks section is more convenient to Intermission Hall at Music than rooms in Broadway, Country Fair, or Rock.

As for DME, I suppose if you get the email/text confirmation that your room is ready, you could get off at Music if the bus stops there. It may not though unless there's other guests on your bus staying at Music.

My arrival on property will be around 10pm at night, so I know my room will be ready. Thanks for the info, I will probably just get off at Music unless it doesn't stop there. I just know NOT to get off at Sports unless I want to walk, walk, walk!

Hello! Nice to finally find this thread. We're booked for a 11-night stay this December 8-19. I have a preferred room booked and I'd like to stay as close to transportation as possible since my mom has a bad knee. I'm using TP to fax in my request for building 10 (calypso) room 0454 but I'm wondering if I also should make online check in. If I do it, what should I request to guarantee a room closest to Melody Hall? I was thinking 'near transportation' and 'ground floor'. Any suggestions?

Also how is the bus system late at night? We have a couple of tours and parties booked and I'm afraid I'm a little spoiled because the bus system at POFQ is superb and it's the only other resort we ever stayed at (over 10 trips).

If you have luggage,tell them you are going to Music when they ask you which Resort at the Bus-they load the luggae underneath the bus "by" Resort.:)

My luggage is not coming with me on the bus. My plane lands at 8pm, I will use the luggage delivery service.

My luggage is not coming with me on the bus. My plane lands at 8pm, I will use the luggage delivery service.
Awesome-just walk out the "back" of Melody Hall,hang a left and you'll be at Ducks in a minute or 2!:)

(This is the walkway looking "towards" Melody Hall when walking over from Ducks.)
20330952686_47e4d6e065_z.jpg

(This is looking back at Ducks from the walkway to Melody Hall.)
20169209308_932396217b_z.jpg

Awesome-just walk out the "back" of Melody Hall,hang a left and you'll be at Ducks in a minute or 2!:)

(This is the walkway looking "towards" Melody Hall when walking over from Ducks.)
20330952686_47e4d6e065_z.jpg

(This is looking back at Ducks from the walkway to Melody Hall.)
20169209308_932396217b_z.jpg

WOW!!! That is close! Looks like I will be over at Music quite a bit.

Does anyone know if Gaston is still working "part-time" at the Pool bar. We have not been down in about 3 years. He is so funny. He has white hair and beard.

Hello! Nice to finally find this thread. We're booked for a 11-night stay this December 8-19. I have a preferred room booked and I'd like to stay as close to transportation as possible since my mom has a bad knee. I'm using TP to fax in my request for building 10 (calypso) room 0454 but I'm wondering if I also should make online check in. If I do it, what should I request to guarantee a room closest to Melody Hall? I was thinking 'near transportation' and 'ground floor'. Any suggestions?

Also how is the bus system late at night? We have a couple of tours and parties booked and I'm afraid I'm a little spoiled because the bus system at POFQ is superb and it's the only other resort we ever stayed at (over 10 trips).

I've read on here many times not to make a specific room request. If that room is not available, the assigners won't know exactly what you want. I would request Calypso 10 and ground floor on your fax. It is also recommended to make sure your requests match, so I would also select Calypso and ground floor online as well.

Can anyone help me with a silly question? For the first time since staying on property, our room request preference wasn't an option during online check in. I'd like to call to put in a request, but does anyone know which number I call: the ASMu number listed on post 1 of this thread or the main WDW room reservation line? Part of me feels like the person on the other end of either number can do it, but no sense in risking the rerouting game if it can be avoided!

Can anyone help me with a silly question? For the first time since staying on property, our room request preference wasn't an option during online check in. I'd like to call to put in a request, but does anyone know which number I call: the ASMu number listed on post 1 of this thread or the main WDW room reservation line? Part of me feels like the person on the other end of either number can do it, but no sense in risking the rerouting game if it can be avoided!

I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter what phone number you call, as they all go to the same call center, even if you press "front desk" at the hotel. If you want to reach the hotel directly with, you'll have to send a fax.

I would call the main reservation line but both numbers only get you to a call center.

Thank you so much for posting your thoughts and the pictures! We are CBR lovers all the way and have stayed there probably 200 nights over the years. But the place is all torn up right now and wasn't available with the free dining promo. Last trip, we stayed at Pop for three nights (were supposed to stay five) but ended up moving over to CBR earlier than we were supposed to. But, we had a fourth person in tow that wasn't family so that can cause a weird vibe anyway.

My son plays with two bands, leads music worship and is an overall music fanatic so I'm sure that he's going to love the theme of the resort.

The quiet spots are important to my husband who has epilepsy and needs to unwind at the end of the day or on our "resort day". I saw other pictures of a mini-park looking area in the country section that may be a good place for him as well. We usually go for two weeks but this trip is for ten nights so there won't be as many resort days as our previous trips. Since we are going over the Thanksgiving holiday, we want to resort hop and see the decorations.

Thanks again!
Lisa, there is another little quiet spot at the south end of the Broadway section, as you walk towards the parking lot. It is not as nice as the rose garden, but nicer, in my opinion, than the min-park looking area in the country section you mention above. When I was there, there were too many people smoking in the country section. Pull the resort up on google maps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter