Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

I thought that refurbished rooms were preferred?
Nope. They have half of the preferred and half of the standard rooms finished. The rooms in the love bug section are all done. The mighty ducks rooms haven’t been touched

I put Love Bug in my room request, and I’m also going to send in a Touring Plans request too. I’d love to check out the refurbished rooms!

Let us know and have a great trip!

Checked in on Saturday, March 9. I had requested LOVE BUG on the website and also called to request an updated room. While I know it wasn't guaranteed, I was a bit disappointed to get there and find out that we had a room in the Mighty Ducks section. The trip was for our anniversary, which the CM knew at check-in because he gave us buttons, but he said he could not accommodate our room request. The room itself was clean and fine, but definitely would've preferred a refurbished room with a queen bed instead of the two fulls.

Checked in on Saturday, March 9. I had requested LOVE BUG on the website and also called to request an updated room. While I know it wasn't guaranteed, I was a bit disappointed to get there and find out that we had a room in the Mighty Ducks section. The trip was for our anniversary, which the CM knew at check-in because he gave us buttons, but he said he could not accommodate our room request. The room itself was clean and fine, but definitely would've preferred a refurbished room with a queen bed instead of the two fulls.
I’m sorry you didn’t get a refurbished room. You did all you could by asking. Sometimes the resorts are just too full for them to move you around

The trip was for our anniversary, which the CM knew at check-in because he gave us buttons, but he said he could not accommodate our room request.

Just a little tip if you find yourself in this situation again and are willing to spend some time trying to get the room you want.

If you are "turned down" by a Front Desk CM,go on to your assigned room and then call the Front Desk from the room phone.

Tell them "We just arrived and were assigned this room in Mighty Ducks,but were just wondering if anything would be available in Love Bug anytime today,we don't mind waiting,and if not today do you think anything would be coming open in the next day or 2-we don't mind transferring.".:)

Be really,really polite and nice-they will take your info and relay it to a Room Assignor.

We have been "turned down" many times by the Check-in CM and then used this "method" and got the room we wanted(but not always-sometimes it just is not possible),but the Room Assignors always try to find us the room we want-they are awesome.

It just depends on how much time you want to "invest" in trying to get the room you want.:)

Last edited:
Just a little tip if you find yourself in this situation again and are willing to spend some time trying to get the room you want.

If you are "turned down" by a Front Desk CM,go on to your assigned room and then call the Front Desk from the room phone.

Tell them "We just arrived and were assigned this room in Mighty Ducks,but were just wondering if anything would be available in Love Bug anytime today,we don't mind waiting,and if not today do you think anything would be coming open in the next day or 2-we don't mind transferring.".:)

Be really,really polite and nice-they will take your info and relay it to a Room Assignor.

We have been "turned down" many times by the Check-in CM and then used this "method" and got the room we wanted(but not always-sometimes it just is not possible),but the Room Assignors always try to find us the room we want-they are awesome.

It just depends on how much time you want to "invest" in trying to get the room you want.:)

Ooooh thanks for the tip! We were only there for three nights so it probably wasn't worth the time or moving after a night, but I will definitely keep that in mind for future visits!!

I'm sorry if this was addressed before. I got a crazy week coming and will most likely have very little time to give to my trip planning in the next days...

I was wondering if the All-Star Music had a gym and if it does, where can I find it?

Thanks in advance.

I'm sorry if this was addressed before. I got a crazy week coming and will most likely have very little time to give to my trip planning in the next days...

I was wondering if the All-Star Music had a gym and if it does, where can I find it?

Thanks in advance.

It does not. Only the Deluxes and Coronado Springs have gyms.

Just booked Movies for the first time for 15 nights in Oct/Nov! We loved the refurbished rooms at Pop so I'm requesting Toy Story section in hopes of getting a refurbished room.

Has anyone had luck requesting and getting a microwave at Movies?

Unfortunately not possible-there are none to request.

There are microwaves in World Premiere Food Court that Guests can use 24/7.:)

Thanks for the response. We've gotten one at Pop in the past so I was hoping it would be an option!

We've gotten one at Pop in the past so I was hoping it would be an option!
Wow-never heard of that at POP either.

If you got one at POP,definitely try Movies!

I just personally didn't know the Values had microwaves available(except maybe at Music and AoA since they have Suites and may have a few "extras")!:)

We will definitely be requesting one on our next POP stay!Thanks.:)

Wow-never heard of that at POP either.

If you got one at POP,definitely try Movies!

I just personally didn't know the Values had microwaves available(except maybe at Music and AoA since they have Suites and may have a few "extras")!:)

We will definitely be requesting one on our next POP stay!Thanks.:)

It was several years back in 2013 so I can't say for sure it's a current option! I will definitely call prior to our trip and inquire.

BAD49143-17DF-45B3-A96A-9DD2BDAA9627.jpeg A80E8B66-BFB8-4306-B0E8-D7BC7382D8AF.jpeg Just checked out of Movies today after a four night stay for Herbie's 50th anniversary celebration. Our whole group was placed in the Love Bug wing. Disney allowed all of our cars into the Winners Circle for a photoshoot with parade Herbie. We all had a great time. I did not see any sign of refurbishment going on in other buildings.

View attachment 389032 View attachment 389031 Just checked out of Movies today after a four night stay for Herbie's 50th anniversary celebration. Our whole group was placed in the Love Bug wing. Disney allowed all of our cars into the Winners Circle for a photoshoot with parade Herbie. We all had a great time. I did not see any sign of refurbishment going on in other buildings.
Wow that looks really fun!

I just read today on fb a rumor of April 1st for starting back up refurbishment. I check in May 4th and requested Mighty Ducks. @rteetz any idea if that rumor is likely?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter