Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

Good news the 15’s are gone! Bad news the resort is overrun by field hockey teams. They started to descend on the food court at 6:30 this morning only 1 food place open and the lines were long. However they scrambled to get the other food places opened. It’s now 7:22 and the food court is mobbed!
There are also lots of cheer/dance groups everywhere, too. I haven’t seen any at pofq though. I saw 15s in ak yesterday

Good news the 15’s are gone!
Was that the group from Argentina that wore pink jackets?

We called them the "Pretty in Pink" 15s!lol:)

They told us that when they left Movies,they were headed for Miami Beach!

What a life!lol:)

Was that the group from Argentina that wore pink jackets?

We called them the "Pretty in Pink" 15s!lol:)

They told us that when they left Movies,they were headed for Miami Beach!

What a life!lol:)

Hahahaha, we called them the Pinkies. My phone broke while I was there and I couldn't charge it, so I don't have a picture of the trays. I also noticed that they were using them at Polite Pig in DS.

My phone broke while I was there and I couldn't charge it, so I don't have a picture of the trays.
Thanks anyway.

Seeing those trays in use at World Premiere and Intermission was such a "shock"-totally unexpected.

Hey all, I'm sure this is an idiotic question but I'm just curious. My Husband and I have a trip planned for September 2019 with his siblings & their SO's. We booked ASmo preferred however, his two sisters and their husbands booked standard. They want to be in rooms all in the same area. What are the chances that if they request the toy story buildings that their request will be granted? slim to none? I'm not sure what we should do in this case but I wasn't willing to miss out on a great location when it came to Hubby & I's room.

none, I had a TS room requested but when I got to the resort they said they won't allow a standard room reservation to be put in any preferred section.

Unless they are low on standard rooms, your chances are very unlikely sadly.

x7yaex17yf5k7ce0.png

Left movies yesterday and a million cheerleaders are there. They had a tent and mats set up in the Love Bug parking lot for them to practice.

Are there specific times of the year where ASmo is mobbed by sports teams? I thought this was mostly a worry for All Star Sports. We're going in Sept. I've stayed value before and haven't been in this situation and I'm hoping to keep it that way.

Are there specific times of the year where ASmo is mobbed by sports teams? I thought this was mostly a worry for All Star Sports. We're going in Sept. I've stayed value before and haven't been in this situation and I'm hoping to keep it that way.

Last year the Summit completely took over all 3 All Star resorts.

Last year the Summit completely took over all 3 All Star resorts.
Looks like it did this year too! CM’s had special tables set up in the lobby with resort mugs and certain 2019 merchandise. They definitely cater to the large groups. Money makers!

I’ve see sports groups at pop, Coronado, cbr, and por before

Looks like it did this year too! CM’s had special tables set up in the lobby with resort mugs and certain 2019 merchandise. They definitely cater to the large groups. Money makers!
"Your" Cheerleaders are for the National High School Cheerleading Championship.

The Summit and D2 Summit are in early May.

From the College Cheerleading and Dance Championships in mid-January until the D2 Summit in early May,there aren't many weeks at WDW without a Cheer or Dance or Twirl Championship.

It is BIG business for The Mouse as evidenced by The Arena-a new 8,500 seat venue at ESPN WWoS built specifically for Cheer and Dance competitions.:)

You will be fine in September-no Cheer/Dance competitions to my knowledge and The 15s leave by early August.:)

We were at ASMo from Feb 1-8th. YEs, the cheerleaders checked in on starting on the 6th. YEs, it made the resort noisy. Between cheering in the grass and just talking loud and filling the food court. But, I only saw a small group of them in the parks. We had a glitch when we checked in we went to magical express check in and our paper wasnt scanning correctly. We went to front desk right away our confirmation number did not match the one I always had. Even though we did pre check in our dining credits were not loaded and nothing was working right. AFter talking to the desk they said MDE was glitching and sending people 2 confirmation numbers but they sorted everything out. (They even had a 2nd set of magic bands for us at the desk it said they never mailed them). Turns out MDE generated a new confirmation number about a month ago for our ressie. Anyways. We got a renovated room in Love Bug and it was great. Food court was always good, lines in burger area can get long. We had regular dining plan upgraded from stay play and dine. The food court was great in that if you didnt get a drink with your meal (cause we had refillable mugs). They let you pick any snack instead, even the $6.99 brownie sundaes etc. I saw no effidence that they were about to finish the remodel, I am sure it is on hold. The busses were on time and we never shared with any other resorts. Love the new rooms! And the pool area was nice. We usually stay at POP but this was a great change.

Just back at the end of last week and yes they were EVERYWHERE. A couple of times the manager at the food court gave us our few items for free rather than make us wait in the long lines to pay for the stuff. They were trying to be very accommodating with the other guests. One of the chaperones let us go to the front of the bus line ahead of them as well since there were so many. We actually found them to be much more frustrating in the parks. Their behavior was excellent, but we saw big groups of them in the FP lines showing why we had such a heard time getting fast passes lol. They must have all booked as singles with overlapping times so they could ride together. They also filled lots of the standby lines and single rider lines as huge groups. At Mk they left their bags on tables at Cosmic Rays and then went to get their food, holding tons of tables while they filled up the lines to order and pick up. This really disrupted the flow of constantly having tables opening up as people finish eating so new people can take the tables. It wasn't unbearable but if we go this time of year again we will avoid the All Stars simply due to the bus situation and food court craziness. Great room in Toy Story though so we didn't hear or see them on that end of the resort, they all looked to be booked in the standard buildings. LOVED the refurbed room!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter