Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

I arrive in the next couple of weeks, and I am trying to decide whether to use the ME luggage delivery service or pick up our own bags at MCO for a flight that arrives at 7:00pm. I've been reading elsewhere on DISboards that luggage delivery can take even longer at the value resorts. If you have used it recently when staying at Movies, can you share how long it took for your luggage to arrive in your room?

I arrive in the next couple of weeks, and I am trying to decide whether to use the ME luggage delivery service or pick up our own bags at MCO for a flight that arrives at 7:00pm. I've been reading elsewhere on DISboards that luggage delivery can take even longer at the value resorts. If you have used it recently when staying at Movies, can you share how long it took for your luggage to arrive in your room?

They advertise to expect your bags to be delivered 3-4 after you arrive at your resort.

I would pick my own bags up if I were arriving that late. Your bags might not come until 10-11 pm.

We had a mid-afternoon landing and around 930pm we called and they said they knew where our 4 bags were but they weren't at the resort yet- it would be an hour. We had 5 bags. They said they would check into it and call us back. An hour later we called, they had 4 bags but didn't expect to be able to bring them for awhile. We asked about the 5th. They said they would check. We got the 4 bags a half hour later and asked about the other in person - the bell delivery guy knew nothing and suggested we call. We called and they had it and brought it down. During all these calls I asked how long it typically takes or is expected and we never got a straight answer - 4 hours was mentioned but they tried to say it was from when we arrived at the resort, so not when bags actually landed at MCO. Out situation is probably not a typical experience, but if you aren't willing to wait 5-6 hours past your landing time, I wouldn't use it.

We had a mid-afternoon landing and around 930pm we called and they said they knew where our 4 bags were but they weren't at the resort yet- it would be an hour. We had 5 bags. They said they would check into it and call us back. An hour later we called, they had 4 bags but didn't expect to be able to bring them for awhile. We asked about the 5th. They said they would check. We got the 4 bags a half hour later and asked about the other in person - the bell delivery guy knew nothing and suggested we call. We called and they had it and brought it down. During all these calls I asked how long it typically takes or is expected and we never got a straight answer - 4 hours was mentioned but they tried to say it was from when we arrived at the resort, so not when bags actually landed at MCO. Out situation is probably not a typical experience, but if you aren't willing to wait 5-6 hours past your landing time, I wouldn't use it.

Thank you very much for this specific example. Helps me firm up my decision to get our own bags. I wouldn't mind 10-11pm or so, but don't want to be dealing with trying to figure out where our stuff is at midnight. Thanks all for the input!

Our most recent trip we stayed at ASM. Arrived for check in at 3:00, bags were in the room when we got back from dinner, around 9:30 pm.

I had a reservation for a standard room under gift of magic discount for 5 nights in February. With the release of passholder discounts I was able to save $40 more but had to book a Preferred room my first night and Standard for the other 4 nights. I am cheap :guilty: It is just myself so the moving rooms isn't a big issue EXCEPT I have a meeting at noon I need to tie into on my moving day. Any recommendations for a quiet spot to do so? I am going to request an early move, but I also want to have a refurbished room so I know that isn't very likely. Plans are HS in the morning so I might also find a spot in one of the EPCOT resorts.

I had a reservation for a standard room under gift of magic discount for 5 nights in February. With the release of passholder discounts I was able to save $40 more but had to book a Preferred room my first night and Standard for the other 4 nights. I am cheap :guilty: It is just myself so the moving rooms isn't a big issue EXCEPT I have a meeting at noon I need to tie into on my moving day. Any recommendations for a quiet spot to do so? I am going to request an early move, but I also want to have a refurbished room so I know that isn't very likely. Plans are HS in the morning so I might also find a spot in one of the EPCOT resorts.
There are a lot of quiet spots in the Epcot resorts. That might be a good idea

We're staying with a group from January 26-February 2 and we've gone back and forth between preferred and standard rooms. Are tour/sports groups more likely to be in preferred rooms or standard? I'd like to stay away from them if possible!

We're staying with a group from January 26-February 2 and we've gone back and forth between preferred and standard rooms. Are tour/sports groups more likely to be in preferred rooms or standard? I'd like to stay away from them if possible!
I would guess they would pick standard more often than not, but I’m sure you will see them all over the resort. We saw some at Port Orleans riverside so some groups definitely have higher budgets. Just go in knowing you might hear/see sports groups and you should be okay.

I would guess they would pick standard more often than not, but I’m sure you will see them all over the resort. We saw some at Port Orleans riverside so some groups definitely have higher budgets. Just go in knowing you might hear/see sports groups and you should be okay.
Thanks! I don’t care about seeing groups around during the day at all, my only concern is noisy people at night!!

Thanks! I don’t care about seeing groups around during the day at all, my only concern is noisy people at night!!
It really all depends on the group and how strict their leaders are, but we just stayed at Pop with extremely noisy neighbors and it was just a normal family. Unfortunately, there can be rude/loud guests anywhere and you can't predict where they will be.

It really all depends on the group and how strict their leaders are, but we just stayed at Pop with extremely noisy neighbors and it was just a normal family. Unfortunately, there can be rude/loud guests anywhere and you can't predict where they will be.
Yeah that's unfortunate when that happens! We seem to have really bad luck when we're camping with noisy neighbors and I'm a very light sleeper so it really impacts me. Night time noise is my biggest concern but I'll come prepared with ear plugs and a white noise app and keep my fingers crossed!!

Yeah that's unfortunate when that happens! We seem to have really bad luck when we're camping with noisy neighbors and I'm a very light sleeper so it really impacts me. Night time noise is my biggest concern but I'll come prepared with ear plugs and a white noise app and keep my fingers crossed!!
I’m a really light sleeper too and it takes me awhile to fall asleep in the first place. I usually need complete darkness and some kind of fan noise. I used to listen to a box fan on YouTube but I have an iPhone 8 now and I can’t charge my phone and use my headphones at the same time. I refuse to buy wireless headphones just because they decided to switch the design.

I would pick up your own luggage since your arriving that late. They can take forever to get to you.

I’m a really light sleeper too and it takes me awhile to fall asleep in the first place. I usually need complete darkness and some kind of fan noise. I used to listen to a box fan on YouTube but I have an iPhone 8 now and I can’t charge my phone and use my headphones at the same time. I refuse to buy wireless headphones just because they decided to switch the design.
I’m like you. I actually have a white noise machine at home. Otherwise I don’t sleep. I have the iPhone 8 and just use the white noise app and set it to the fan setting. Works great. I also like YouTube but hey, the app works better for me while travelling.

I’m like you. I actually have a white noise machine at home. Otherwise I don’t sleep. I have the iPhone 8 and just use the white noise app and set it to the fan setting. Works great. I also like YouTube but hey, the app works better for me while travelling.

Which app do you use? My family won't mind if I have it on the fan setting and they can all hear it!

Which app do you use? My family won't mind if I have it on the fan setting and they can all hear it!
The app is literally called "white noise" and the icon is pink. I've used it for a while now and it works great! They have many settings... white/brown/pink/blue/violet noise, fan, air conditioner, blow dryer, vacuum. All good! They also have stuff like the rain, ocean etc. Personally those distract me so i usually stick to the white noise or a/c setting.

The app is literally called "white noise" and the icon is pink. I've used it for a while now and it works great! They have many settings... white/brown/pink/blue/violet noise, fan, air conditioner, blow dryer, vacuum. All good! They also have stuff like the rain, ocean etc. Personally those distract me so i usually stick to the white noise or a/c setting.
Thanks!

Quick thoughts from our Thanksgiving trip...

Arrived around midnight. Amazon Prime Now grocery order was in the room. Awesome, will Always use this service. Got our request of Mighty Ducks. Room is small, but otherwise ok. Hard time sleeping, amped up and ready.

Yogurt breakfast in room. Small refrigerator to store cold food. Noted multiple microwaves at the food court, but did not buy microwavables. Got ready and went to arcade. We got a 20$ card and was confused by the $ to point system. But overall felt like we got a good value for $20. I played my favorite, Ms. Pacman. DS and DD liked air hockey. Arcade WAY better than deluxe resorts.

We ate at the food court once. It was fine, like the others. Staff was extremely friendly. $50 later and we have a nugget and 4 fries. Ha!

The worst part is the mattress. I dont know if all the value resorts have bad mattresses or if we just got a bad one. The higher level resorts have pillow top mattresses and better bedding. You need good sleep at Disney, so this was maybe my biggest issue.

The bus situation was a little different. There are many many more people in line for the buses as compared to other level resorts. Also, the line for the bus was not shaded...probably a hot wait in the summer. Sometimes the bus stopped at other AllStar hotels, which was fine, but trips were longer.

Getting ready in the morning is more difficult. Other level of resorts have two sinks which makes getting everyone ready much easier.

Overall, the hotel was themed well and the kids liked that. The pool did not have a slide or other features like the others. The staff was friendly and we didnt really have any bus issues. We were treated the same (by staff) as upper level hotels. The hotel allows many Disney resort hotel bonuses at a budget price. I would stay again for a short trip, but our favorite is still the Port Orleans resorts for a moderate and Boardwalk Inn for Deluxe for longer stays.

Quick thoughts from our Thanksgiving trip...

Arrived around midnight. Amazon Prime Now grocery order was in the room. Awesome, will Always use this service. Got our request of Mighty Ducks. Room is small, but otherwise ok. Hard time sleeping, amped up and ready.

Yogurt breakfast in room. Small refrigerator to store cold food. Noted multiple microwaves at the food court, but did not buy microwavables. Got ready and went to arcade. We got a 20$ card and was confused by the $ to point system. But overall felt like we got a good value for $20. I played my favorite, Ms. Pacman. DS and DD liked air hockey. Arcade WAY better than deluxe resorts.

We ate at the food court once. It was fine, like the others. Staff was extremely friendly. $50 later and we have a nugget and 4 fries. Ha!

The worst part is the mattress. I dont know if all the value resorts have bad mattresses or if we just got a bad one. The higher level resorts have pillow top mattresses and better bedding. You need good sleep at Disney, so this was maybe my biggest issue.

The bus situation was a little different. There are many many more people in line for the buses as compared to other level resorts. Also, the line for the bus was not shaded...probably a hot wait in the summer. Sometimes the bus stopped at other AllStar hotels, which was fine, but trips were longer.

Getting ready in the morning is more difficult. Other level of resorts have two sinks which makes getting everyone ready much easier.

Overall, the hotel was themed well and the kids liked that. The pool did not have a slide or other features like the others. The staff was friendly and we didnt really have any bus issues. We were treated the same (by staff) as upper level hotels. The hotel allows many Disney resort hotel bonuses at a budget price. I would stay again for a short trip, but our favorite is still the Port Orleans resorts for a moderate and Boardwalk Inn for Deluxe for longer stays.
The are currently renovating all star movies so each room is getting two new beds. You were in one of the sections that hasn’t been started yet. I’m glad you still had a good time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter