Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

We just booked a stay at All Star Movies for December 1-5 in a Preferred room. I'm pretty excited because we got a great price! I'm going to call sometime before our trip and request the Toy Story section so hopefully we will get a renovated room. It'll be nice to see the construction for myself!

Last edited:
DH and I did a split stay a couple of weeks ago and started here in a preferred room.... toy story with renovated room....a great value for the money....we loved it and will definitely stay again.

Hi all! DH and I are thinking of doing 8 nights (Saturday - Sunday) at Disney this time next year or the year after. We spent so little time in the room on our last trip (only 3 nights) that we'd rather spend money on dining or souvenirs than the hotel. Plus, the Movies theme seems fun!

I'd like some input from anyone who's stayed at ASMovies for a long trip, say 5 nights or longer, especially on an adults-only or couples trip. Did you like it? Was it super-noisy? How was it staying in a renovated room for that long? Did the lack of a TS restaurant bother you? How did afternoon breaks go, if you took any? Would love to hear any pros or cons you have! Thanks!
I'd love to hear someone's experience along these lines, too.

I just came back from a 10 day trip at movies in August and am booked to go back again for Christmas so I guess you could say we liked it! The resort is kept immaculate...we stayed in a renovated room in fantasia and it was perfect. So close to everything. The pool area does get busy but didn't bother us. The food court can get quite loud and noisy during peak times which did get a little annoying but nothing unbearable...we always have the option to go off site to eat. I am not sure I would pay anymore money for a moderate as the hotel had everything we needed. We actually got a bounceback offer for free dining while we were there so booked for next August as well :)

And we took a nap every afternoon, were right beside the pool and noise was not an issue. However disney does security checks where they walk into your room every day which always happened when we were napping which was super annoying. They are doing this at all of their properties and it doesnt matter if you have the do not disturb on the door. I wish they would stop this or at least come in the morning instead.

We just booked a stay at All Star Movies for December 1-5 in a Preferred room. I'm pretty excited because we got a great price! I'm going to call sometime before our trip and request the Toy Story section so hopefully we will get a renovated room. It'll be nice to see the construction for myself!

I just returned in August...I had only booked a standard room but requested a renovated and got one in Fantasia...hope you get it, the refurbished rooms are beautiful...big improvement over the old rooms.

I was just curious if anyor has opinions on the Fantasia rooms? I had automatically thought Toy Story or 101 Dalmatians, but it seems like everyone requests those. I’m wondering if I’m better off asking for Fantasia. My kids are a little older, 15, 13 and 10, so they aren’t going to be upset if we aren’t by Buzz or anything. Any pros or cons to Fantasia? I have two rooms booked for 11/20-11/28.
I stayed in Fantasia and the lady at the front desk said it was good we requested fantasia instead of toy story as it is an easier request to accomodate...everyone asks for toy story apparently. I like fantasia better because it was closer to the pool. I could see the appeal of toy story if you are travelling with little ones but my 9 year old daughter prefers fantasia.

Okay now I'm really regretting booking ASmovies for Dec 1-5. I didn't realize it was Pop Warner week. There are basically no other resorts to stay at so I'm wondering if we should just abandon the idea and not go.

Okay now I'm really regretting booking ASmovies for Dec 1-5. I didn't realize it was Pop Warner week. There are basically no other resorts to stay at so I'm wondering if we should just abandon the idea and not go.
Take the “warnings” about Pop Warner with a grain of salt. We were at All Star Music with them in 2016, and we did not have any issues at all. I think for every one extremely vocal bad experience, there’s probably dozens of perfectly good experiences who don’t feel the need to broadcast it all over these boards. And especially at the beginning of their stay (which is only the tail end of your trip dates), they’re very focused on the competitions and not in the parks much at all. They’re at ESPN WWoS basically all day. You only really see them in the parks or around the resort during the day as they start to get eliminated. I definitely would not cancel a trip over them.

Take the “warnings” about Pop Warner with a grain of salt. We were at All Star Music with them in 2016, and we did not have any issues at all. I think for every one extremely vocal bad experience, there’s probably dozens of perfectly good experiences who don’t feel the need to broadcast it all over these boards. And especially at the beginning of their stay (which is only the tail end of your trip dates), they’re very focused on the competitions and not in the parks much at all. They’re at ESPN WWoS basically all day. You only really see them in the parks or around the resort during the day as they start to get eliminated. I definitely would not cancel a trip over them.
Well that definitely makes me feel better. The plane tickets are $38 each way which is hard to pass up and I was pretty excited to try getting a renovated room. We've never stayed at an All Star, but have stayed at Pop. We could switch to Riverside, but it would be $100/night and we've already stayed there before. Do you think we should switch to Riverside?

Well that definitely makes me feel better. The plane tickets are $38 each way which is hard to pass up and I was pretty excited to try getting a renovated room. We've never stayed at an All Star, but have stayed at Pop. We could switch to Riverside, but it would be $100/night and we've already stayed there before. Do you think we should switch to Riverside?
Personally? I wouldn’t find it worth that much more money, but I’m also someone who doesn’t spend a lot of time at the resort during the day. The couple of times we were there during the day with the Pop Warner kids, there were some at the pool, but to me, not any louder or rowdier than any other group of kids. I will say, we had an upper level room that faced the parking lot, so we had almost no noise from the outside at all, so that could be a potential tip to request a quiet room, would be to request something not facing a pool.

Personally? I wouldn’t find it worth that much more money, but I’m also someone who doesn’t spend a lot of time at the resort during the day. The couple of times we were there during the day with the Pop Warner kids, there were some at the pool, but to me, not any louder or rowdier than any other group of kids. I will say, we had an upper level room that faced the parking lot, so we had almost no noise from the outside at all, so that could be a potential tip to request a quiet room, would be to request something not facing a pool.
DH said he would rather just stay at Movies and deal with the Pop Warner groups because we are already going in October and staying at a Deluxe.

We got back Sunday night, overall good stay! Had requested Toy Story through Touring Plans, did not get, but did manage to get a new room in Fantasia after asking politely if there was one available, the CM was very nice and looked for us! I liked the new rooms overall, seemed like more room even though it's not, very bright compared to before, but I did miss all the vibrant colors. Shower wasn't very powerful, but did the job. Really liked the coffee station with Joffrey's coffee and Twinning's tea! Was nice to stay here again after all these years!

We have stayed at Sports 4 times during Pop Warner week and never once felt like we shouldn't have. Other than seeing the kids in their uniforms, you would never know it was anything other than a normal week at WDW. And like I replied to you in another thread, Sports is the only offering in the official Pop Warner package.

We have stayed at Sports 4 times during Pop Warner week and never once felt like we shouldn't have. Other than seeing the kids in their uniforms, you would never know it was anything other than a normal week at WDW. And like I replied to you in another thread, Sports is the only offering in the official Pop Warner package.
We decided we aren’t going anymore, not just because of pop warner week though.

Anyone have any photos of the renovated rooms? I've been trying to find them but coming up empty. Just booked a preferred room for January, with a request for the Fantasia section.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!