Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

I booked a preferred room for October. Is there a way to request a renovated room?

We were in an old Lovebug room two weeks ago and it looked really dated and run down.

I usually call in requests and have them note them on my reservation. Then, about two weeks before arrival, I call again just to make sure that they are there. From what I understand, they are working on the Love Bug section right now.

I usually call in requests and have them note them on my reservation. Then, about two weeks before arrival, I call again just to make sure that they are there. From what I understand, they are working on the Love Bug section right now.
Do this and if it doesn’t work, you can always ask when you get there. When we were there a couple of weeks ago, we were assigned to 101 Dalmatians but I asked, once I got there, if there were any Toy Story rooms available - there were, luckily!

My adult son has decided to join this trip, which would put three adults and a child in one room.

Would it be better to get a second room? I’ve never reserved multiple rooms before; can they tie the reservations together? Would it be a problem if he comes in a day after us (meaning, we wouldn’t need that second room until a day after we arrive)?

My adult son has decided to join this trip, which would put three adults and a child in one room.

Would it be better to get a second room? I’ve never reserved multiple rooms before; can they tie the reservations together? Would it be a problem if he comes in a day after us (meaning, we wouldn’t need that second room until a day after we arrive)?
Depending on the size of the adults, I think you could all fit in one room. Sleeping on the full size beds can be tight for 2 adults, but definetely manageable. However, if you have the extra money, 2 rooms would be even better. You can definitely book 2 rooms, and even one with a one night later check in. You would want to request either connecting or adjoining rooms. One would mean the rooms actually share a door between the 2 rooms (which can be closed and locked if needed) or the 2 rooms would just be right next to each other. Now, keep in mind, these are just requests. However, I find that the staff is always extremely accommodating with this request, but his should probably be your only request

My concern after watching a couple of you tube videos of the newly renovated rooms is with the murphy bed down will I have room to park my ECV in the room to charge at night? We are going November 23-Dec 3rd and there will be 4 of us staying in a preferred room.

My concern after watching a couple of you tube videos of the newly renovated rooms is with the murphy bed down will I have room to park my ECV in the room to charge at night? We are going November 23-Dec 3rd and there will be 4 of us staying in a preferred room.

The pictures that I have seen look to be the same set up at the newly refurbished Pop Century rooms. I've seen several Disers reporting that they were able to park their ECV in the room even with the bed pulled down.

The pictures that I have seen look to be the same set up at the newly refurbished Pop Century rooms. I've seen several Disers reporting that they were able to park their ECV in the room even with the bed pulled down.

Thank you! Also I love all your trip reports and have been reading them for a few years! So I feel honored you responded to my question!!!! :love:

Thank you! Also I love all your trip reports and have been reading them for a few years! So I feel honored you responded to my question!!!! :love:

Hi there! I neeeeed to get back over to my trip report and post again. I've been so busy that I haven't had a chance.

I think you'd be able to fit it right inside the door along the window. That's where we kept our large double stroller, which was roughly the same size of the ECV that my father rented in the parks (if that helps in your size comparison). Oh, and we had the murphy bed down for the majority of the time.

Just bring an extension cord in case there isn't an outlet exactly where you need it, but, honestly, I felt like there were outlets everywhere.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered and I missed it, but does anyone know whether the family suites have been or are currently being refurbished?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered and I missed it, but does anyone know whether the family suites have been or are currently being refurbished?

Thanks in advance.

The family suites are located at All Star Music which is slated to be the next All Star resort undergoing a refurb. Having said that, they need to finish the movies before moving on to Music.

Question, in people’s experience how long has it taken to get to the hotel via magic express after landing? I have somewhere I need to be three hours after landing and I know I really should just skip the magic express and Uber directly to where I’m going, but it wouldn’t feel like starting a Disney vacation without the magic express!

Question, in people’s experience how long has it taken to get to the hotel via magic express after landing? I have somewhere I need to be three hours after landing and I know I really should just skip the magic express and Uber directly to where I’m going, but it wouldn’t feel like starting a Disney vacation without the magic express!

I've seen most people tell you to give it 3 hours, but I've done it 5 or 6 times and never had it take more than 1.5 hours. TBH waiting for my luggage (I never use the luggage tags) is always what takes the longest, most of the time I've been on a bus within 10 minutes of checking into the DME area, though one time it did take about half an hour. Then the ride there takes about 40 minutes and your arrival time at your hotel depends on the resort location and how many other stops that bus is taking before it gets to you. The All-Stars share a bus, often with other resorts too and ASMo is usually last unfortunately.

If you are really worried about it I would take the Uber, but you are likely to get there in time if you go for DME.

Hi! Staying standard at ASMovies in late Aug. Thinking of requesting Mighty Ducks. Anyone have a particular room/location to recommend that makes it easy to get to both Music and Movies buses? Think pool facing is the way to go? I definitely do not want a connecting room! Thanks!

I just posted this question today. Here is the link with the responses, map and pictures that I received and thereafter decided on Mighty Ducks :).

https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-star-movies-standard-room-bus-service.3702057/

They can tie the reservations together with multiple rooms. We stayed at ASSports this June, with three rooms on my MDE, ten people in total, & requested that two of the rooms connect & the third room be close to those if possible. All of our requests were met & our room was next door to one of the connecting rooms. I don't know how it would work if you didn't need both rooms the first night. I would call to see how that would work.

Yes I was able to. But you can also park it against the wall between the two doors outside. There is a electric plug there.

Is anyone else having trouble making room selections online? Whenever I click on the drop down menu to select an option, there are no options. It has been this way for a few weeks. I guess I will have to call in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter