Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

I just saw pics on FB. I guess there's a short video on Instagram too. Looks adorable. Very Similar to Pop. Micky and Minnie above the Bed. Huey, Dewy, And Louie on the Murphy bed. They didn't do the handshower in the bathroom tho. That's a bit disappointing.
Can you post a link?

I can't post a link to the FB photos. The Instagram video is public. Under most recent. #allstarmoviesresort. You'll notice it. The first frame is a shot of the closed murphy bed.

We have our preferred room requested and I’m calling them the day of to double check. We arrive after midnight Friday night so I’m really hoping they get us in a refurbed room! *crosses fingers*

Just checked into Toy Story building 10 and got a refurbished room!. It wonderful. I'd post pictures but not sure how to do that. The room looks just like the Pop refurbished rooms.

How long ago did you reserve before your arrival? We just booked, and just found out about the renovation. It would be nice if we could have a refurbished room! Thanks for this info!!!

We’re flying out in a few hours and got building 10 on the 1st floor. We requested a refurbed room and I’m hoping we got it. I think our chances our good!

We are leaving in a week for two weeks at Disney World. We have a three night stay at Music before our extended stay at Pop. I am getting so excited and have enjoyed all of the great advice here. I requested Mighty Ducks, not because of the theming, but because they have their own pool. I was bummed because I missed out on scoring a preferred room by a day, but I just discovered the advice of heading over to Music for the food court and buses to reduce walking. This is fabulous! I can smell the Pixie Dust in the air already!

Last edited:
I too am hoping for a refurbished room at ASM! My daughter and I will be there Nov 4-10th. Thanks for all the great tips on how to call/fax ahead for room requests.

we have preferred rooms booked for September. Praying for refurbished rooms, Love the beds at POP.

Just stayed at Movies and checked out the construction on Saturday, the 19th. From what I could see, the ground floor rooms in Toy Story building 9 were empty, but I could see the new sliding door was hung. They were also working on Fantasia building 8 which you could hear at the pool. I'm surprised to see a video of a finished room because it didn't look like they were that close...

We had a room in Dalmatians building 1 and found it to be in better shape than our old room at Pop was last year. It was also very quiet.

The resort overall was more quiet and less chaotic that Pop - wonder if that has to do with 2 building being under refurbishment - but I almost prefer Movies over Pop now.

Just stayed at Movies and checked out the construction on Saturday, the 19th. From what I could see, the ground floor rooms in Toy Story building 9 were empty, but I could see the new sliding door was hung. They were also working on Fantasia building 8 which you could hear at the pool. I'm surprised to see a video of a finished room because it didn't look like they were that close...

We had a room in Dalmatians building 1 and found it to be in better shape than our old room at Pop was last year. It was also very quiet.

The resort overall was more quiet and less chaotic that Pop - wonder if that has to do with 2 building being under refurbishment - but I almost prefer Movies over Pop now.

We love POP because of the refurbished rooms but now I can see myself booking Movies instead of POP. it will be cheaper, less crowded and it won't take forever to walk to cafeteria/buses. That's a win in my book.

What would the chances be of getting a non-updated room? The new laminate flooring is a dealbreaker for us. It’s funny when I called reservations to verify the room updates they informed me there was no rehab going on at the All-Star movies. None at all. The internet is wrong.

What would the chances be of getting a non-updated room?

Depends when you're going.

It’s funny when I called reservations to verify the room updates they informed me there was no rehab going on at the All-Star movies. None at all. The internet is wrong.

Bad Internet. :badpc: Unfortunately, the phone CMs are usually not given any information about ongoing refurbishments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!