Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

It won't let me start a conversation. Were you able to find the disney confirmation #? If you cant find it, I would shoot your TA a quick email and they should be able to find it for you:)

No luck yet. The travel agent is checking with the supplier and should hoefuhope come back to me today. She did say it takes 7 days to register on Disney's system, is this your experience?

So this is our first stay at all star movies... second stay at a value. Aug 2016 we stayed at art of animation. So far we love it:). Been here since Saturday. Got our room text when we landed at the airport... our room was ready at noon! Beds are cumfy and aside from sleeping with my toddler who is a bed hog I’m sleeping wonderfully lol. We got the Dalmatian section and we love it:). Would stay again! Opted out of housekeeping and got our gift card ..... everyone’s been great. Actually service has been better here than when we were at art of animation. Buses have been great too!!!! :)

When are the Movies rooms suppose to be updated? or have they already done it. We are going in May and I hope they have added a coffee pot.

So this is our first stay at all star movies... second stay at a value. Aug 2016 we stayed at art of animation. So far we love it:). Been here since Saturday. Got our room text when we landed at the airport... our room was ready at noon! Beds are cumfy and aside from sleeping with my toddler who is a bed hog I’m sleeping wonderfully lol. We got the Dalmatian section and we love it:). Would stay again! Opted out of housekeeping and got our gift card ..... everyone’s been great. Actually service has been better here than when we were at art of animation. Buses have been great too!!!! :)

What's the bus situation like? Are they sharing a bus with the other All Star resorts?

What a nightmare ... I won't stay here again.

It turns out they put us (my 18 year old son and I) in a standard room, handicapped accessible, king size bed. When I read that in the text we went right to Guest Services where they told us that they oversold the resort by 200 rooms. You read that right, 200.

They ended up placing us in a standard room in the Love Bug section. So far we've had to make 3 trips to Guest Services because of issues. This evening we
had to get the resort manager involved on another issue regarding some other guests.

We're all tired now. Exhausted really. I'll post more another day.

Did you ever post an update?? How did they handle this? I hope you were compensated.

I haven’t seen any refurb except duck pool is shut down and there’s a small covering by check in desk as of now
Any ideas on how the refurb will affect the pools? I just booked ASMovies for a couple of nights at the end of May and we are hoping to have a good pool experience.

Based on the time it took for Pop, I assume that there is practically no chance of getting a refurbed room by the end of May.

Do we know if they are doing it like at Pop and starting with the farthest away standard rooms (MD)? I’d kind of like it if MD were closed for refurb when we are there. Maybe more chance of an upgrade to preferred. Of course, if the MD pool is closed, the main pool may be more crowded.

Any ideas on how the refurb will affect the pools? I just booked ASMovies for a couple of nights at the end of May and we are hoping to have a good pool experience.

Not sure about May, but we just booked our room for beginning of August and got this email (quoted in part):

"In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience here at the Walt Disney World® Resort, we often refresh our offerings and atmosphere. In preparation for your upcoming stay, we would like to inform you that a room refurbishment will be taking place during your visit. During this time, the Resort will be in full operation with all amenities available including our dining, merchandise and recreation locations.

While we work our magic, it is possible that you may see or hear construction, but noise should not be heard from your Guest room between dusk and 9:00am. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your patience and understanding. Please know that we are making every effort to ensure your comfort and enjoyment."

So it sounds like all the pools will remain open. Like I said, we're staying in August, so not sure how different it will be in May. Hope this helps.

At Movies now after 5 nights at Music. Bus has been good. Only had to share twice. Once returning from the after hour party and once to Epcot at about 1pm

I think I'll start watching this thread now. We are thinking about heading to Disney 10/30-11/6 or somewhere close to those dates to do the Halloween party and the Wine-Dine Half Marathon. I originally looked at Sports because I found it for $115 for the week, but I would like a chance at a refurbished room at Movies. Anyone think there is a chance at the end of October?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts