Disneyland Xmas fireworks?

LAD1216

Earning My Ears
I am planning my first trip to Disneyland Nov25th, 2018 Sunday- check out Fri. Nov. 30th. I have read a lot about how wonderful DL is at Xmas and I am very excited!!!! Does CL only have nighttime show/fireworks/snow on weekends only or do they have mid week also? I am trying to avoid the weekends because of larger crowds but I am wondering if I should extend to check out on Saturday?

Historically, fireworks (and WoC) are presented nightly once the holiday season starts. F! remains weekends-only until closer to Christmas.

... I am trying to avoid the weekends because of larger crowds but I am wondering if I should extend to check out on Saturday?

Congrats on your first DLR trip! Christmas is a wonderful time to visit -- you're going to have a great trip! Don't be afraid of Saturdays -- if you'll be in the parks first thing in the morning (since it will be your check out day), you can still get a lot done and have a fun time. And HolidayTime at DLR is so special. Squeeze every moment you can out of your trip!

Just so you know: Saturday, Dec. 1st, is the first night of Candlelight Processional -- a very special holiday tradition at DL. If you enjoy Christmas carols and pageants, you might want to look into this. There are videos on YouTube -- make sure you are watching CP at Disneyland, not WDW. CP should show twice on 12/1 -- around 5 or 5:30 pm and 8 pm, I think. There are threads on this forum about CP, so you can do a search for more information, too.

Thank you so much for all the information!!! I am going to extend my vacation at least until Sat. departure and maybe stay outside of DL resort before flying home to enjoy the Candlelight Processional. We are DVC members and know all the touring plans, shows for WDW but trying to figure out DL. I see that it is less planning than WDW which is going to be a nice change.

Confirming that F is Fantasmik? Sunday arrival day would have it then?

Yes, F! = Fantasmic and there should be at least one show scheduled for a Sunday night. The entertainment calendar will be published around 6 weeks prior to your trip dates. You might want to look into a F! Dining Package for the best viewing seats (on the ground for the three main packages). Seeing F! at DLR is a bit challenging and the dining packages really help get you the best view of the show. Our favorite viewing area is part of the Blue Bayou package, but all the dining package areas are nice. Reservations for the F! Dining Packages will open 60 days prior to your show date.

That's what I was planning to do on our arrival day on Sunday,if Fantasmic was scheduled. We wanted to eat at BB anyway. Thank you for the link to the thread DLR for WED vets!! Very informative!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter