• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland USA DVD Edited?

Tannerman

Mouseketeer
I don't claim to have ownership of this topic, but there has been a pretty thorough discussion on the recent Walt Disney Treasures "Disneyland USA" DVD release over at MagicMusic.net. The claims are that they shows included on this DVD set are edited from their original broadcasts in some respects.

I've purchased all four in the Treasures series, but have not had time to view all the footage completely. Never had the Disney Channel to compare the footage against, but still, seems sort of frustrating if this type of editing took place. I haven't seen any of the reviews from MousePlanet or LaughingPlace address such a claim. What do you think?

Click to view the conversation

I just received all four DVD's today and would be very mad if they are edited. DVD's usually actually come with extra footage if anything. I hope this is not true it would taint the future releases if these are inaccurate of the beloved originals

Yes, there are several notable parts deleted. The Disneyland opening day special is without the Mickey Mouse Club "Talent Rodeo" number outside the Fantasyland Theater and the Mouseketeers running through Sleeping Beauty Castle at its opening -- in fact, all references to the Mouseketeers is strangely deleted.

The "Disneyland After Dark" special is missing the "September Song" number in the Carnation Plaza portion.

The tenth anniversary special is missing vast portions of the Tiki Room show, including several essential songs, effectively cutting that portion in half.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter