Disneyland to Universal?

luke6t6

Mouseketeer
We are planning on venturing up to Universal Studios, from Disneyland, on a Sunday in mid-September. We'd like to arrive at Universal around 9 AM. On a Sunday morning, how bad will traffic likely be? How much time should we allow? We will have a rental car, and I don't mind driving in So Cal, as I've driven in all the crazy cities in the US. :-)

Thanks in advance.

Luke

Sunday morning traffic won't be bad. 45 minutes tops. More likely 30.

Sunday morning is the best time to get around in Los Angeles. I do recommend downloading Waze, though, so you can gauge what time to leave to get to Universal Studios. I'd plan for arriving there at 8:30 to give you plenty of time for parking, walking through City Walk, and getting through security check.

Yep, we left on a Sunday last October from DLH to Universal and it was about 45 min. However, coming back took forever! I think that was around 6 or 7 in the evening.

Greyline, Starline Tours and Discount Tours and Tickets offer buses that goes from Anaheim to Universal Studios

I would recommend taking either the ART 15 bus to ARTIC and taking either the AMTRAK or Metrolink to Usion Station and then take the red line up to Universal City and take the tram

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!