Disneyland to *Staying* at Legoland

Crisi83

Mouseketeer
Anyone have any advice about getting from Disneyland to Legoland? I see there are some bus services that do a day trip, but we are actually planning to change hotels and stay down there for a couple of nights/days. So we'll have 2 adults, 3 kids, and a bunch of luggage...

Another problem is one child will be just under 2, so unless its a bus she needs a car seat and I hadn't decided yet if I wanted/needed to bring her car seat with us. This also leads to a problem getting from Legoland to the Airport as well.

We will be at Disneyland (well, and the convention center) for over a week, so i don't really think renting a car is an option, unless there is a good way to get from Disneyland back to a car rental place? Preferably without having to bring the whole mob along...

Thanks!

You could take the train down there. A good way to relax and get comfortable with the kids.

I did think briefly about the train, but I wasn't sure how we'd get from Disneyland to the train, and then from the train to Legoland. I should mention kids are almost 2, 4 1/2, and 10 but special needs, so none of them are really going to be helping us with much!

We are renting a car from Alamo (in Downtown Disney) for our last full day in CA.
Plan is to drive along Coast Hwy and go to the Aquarium of the Pacific before checking into an airport hotel.
We are bring my 2yo car seat with us and renting a booster for my 6yo from Alamo.

Depending how long your are planning to stay at Legoland that could be an option.

Or using a car service, we like Lansky/DK Livery.

Thanks for mentioning the Alamo in downtown Disney, I did not know they had that! So will you be able to pick up your car there, or do they have to take you somewhere else to get the car? I will look into the costs on that, it could be a good solution. I hope they would have a car seat that I could rent though of my toddler, because I'd really rather not lug hers with me, I'm meeting my sister and her kids at Disneyland, so its just me flying with the toddler and all our stuff, so the less things I have, the better!

Unfortunately Alamo is pretty darn expensive if not returning to the same location! It goes from $100 a day to rent a mini van to $300 a day if I want to drop it off in San Deigo! I don't have my flight bought yet, so theoretically I could return it to Downtown Disney then get a shuttle to the airport, but that seems like an awful lot of work.

I'm also looking for a way to get from Legoland to the Airport (San Diego airport most likely)... THe problem I run into is the needing a carseat.

The Amtrak station is about 3 miles from DLR. Taxis cost about $20 from the transit circle. ART buses are $5 and run between DLR and Amtrak station, but leave yourself about an hour to get between the two. You can take the train to Oceanside, the it is 7.5 miles to Legoland, which most likely a taxi would be your best bet.

I don't have any great suggestions, but just wanted to make sure you were aware of California law. All children under the age of 8 must be in a car seat. I know it's different than a lot of other places around the country.
This is from the CA DMV website:
"As of January 1, 2012, all children must ride in car seat or booster seat until they are at least 8 years old or at least 4 feet 9 inches tall. In addition, all kids younger than 8 years old, must be secured in the back seat."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter