Disneyland Tickets

justadreamaway77

DIS Veteran
Help! I am a veteran on WDW but a complete novice at DL. I feel like I am stepping back into 1985 with DL ticket system! I purchased DL tickets online from DL and they are showing up on my DL app. Will DL send me physical tickets as well? Do I have to pick them up at the ticket booths? Do I only have electronic ones? *Sigh.....I am really missing my magicband at this moment, so confused!

You can take the app or you can print off the e-ticket and bring that right to the entry gates and they will then give you actual tickets. It's pretty quick and painless.

"It's pretty quick and painless" that just cracks me up. Lol :)

Those "tickets" in the Disneyland app are not really tickets but vouchers. When those vouchers are scanned for the first time at either Disneyland or DCA they will be voided and a physical ticket will be printed for you at the gate. When the physical ticket is printed at the gate your voucher in the Disneyland app will get a new barcode identical to that of the physical ticket. From that point on, you can use both your physical ticket or ticket in the Disneyland app for entry into the parks and to redeem FastPass selections.

Make sure to take a screen shot or photo of the tickets in your app (with a clear image of the bar codes on each ticket). That way you'll have a back up copy in case anything happens to the originals. Send copies to a trusted person's phone (is another grown up going on this trip?), just in case your phone dies. And it can't hurt to print a hard copy of each photo, too. I've read too many stories here about Murphy's Law striking the night before the start of a trip, and having copies printed or on someone else's phone would have saved the day so easily!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!