Disneyland show?

The good news is Tom is still on here somewhere and you two can keep reliving the glory days all you want!

As for the feed, Tyler was on vacation this week and probably didn't follow up to see if it posted correctly, and if any messages were sent his way regarding it they probably weren't seen because he no longer looks at comments and feedback thanks to a lot of people in this thread. Meanwhile, it's been on YouTube and DISUnplugged.com where it could've been downloaded manually. I know it's not directly into a podcast feed, but there were other options if anyone out there was really craving it.

Thanks Craig, I’m spoiled to everything popping up in my podcast app so I don’t tend to check other places for them!

The good news is Tom is still on here somewhere and you two can keep reliving the glory days all you want!

As for the feed, Tyler was on vacation this week and probably didn't follow up to see if it posted correctly, and if any messages were sent his way regarding it they probably weren't seen because he no longer looks at comments and feedback thanks to a lot of people in this thread. Meanwhile, it's been on YouTube and DISUnplugged.com where it could've been downloaded manually. I know it's not directly into a podcast feed, but there were other options if anyone out there was really craving it.
I truly hope nothing I've said in this thread has contributed to Tyler no longer reading feedback. I like him and Katrina quite a lot, and have tried to focus my comments on the content focus, not the personalities. If it has, my sincere apologies to Tyler and Katrina.

Ryno posted a short clip at the Hollywood sign on Instagram stories and you can hear Mary Jo in the background. So it appears he and Pete held to their promise and are on the full blown Melado LA tour today.
I actually mapped it all out on google maps and it does appear doable. I sent it to my phone for my next trip. I bookmared the tabs for Kodak theatre tour and the TCL movie tickets, in case I want to try to add those on as well.
I’ll be interested to hear if Pete and Ryno make it to all the stops haha or if MJ wears them out.

Ryno posted a short clip at the Hollywood sign on Instagram stories and you can hear Mary Jo in the background. So it appears he and Pete held to their promise and are on the full blown Melado LA tour today.
I actually mapped it all out on google maps and it does appear doable. I sent it to my phone for my next trip. I bookmared the tabs for Kodak theatre tour and the TCL movie tickets, in case I want to try to add those on as well.
I’ll be interested to hear if Pete and Ryno make it to all the stops haha or if MJ wears them out.

That sounds like a great idea...i will definitely have to do this my next time out there

That sounds like a great idea...i will definitely have to do this my next time out there

Pete still hasn't taken me up on the LA Mellado Tour challenge yet.

Ryno wanted to visit the Observatory and Farmer's Market today before their ABD trip started, so I picked him and Eli up earlier this morning and took them to those spots, and drove past places in between, AND got them to their hotel in time to freshen up for their dinner with everyone. The places not on my map below that we drove past are Richard and Robert Sherman's homes. We didn't make it out to Santa Monica Pier - need the whole day to include that. :)

If you click on the map below it will take you to the map I created in Google maps, and shows you the different things to see in LA that I talked about. (I do have another one related to Walt Disney, too.) I need to add layers with the driving routes.

upload_2018-7-29_16-52-22.png

Ryno wanted to visit the Observatory and Farmer's Market today before their ABD trip started, so I picked him and Eli up earlier this morning and took them to those spots, and drove past places in between, AND got them to their hotel in time to freshen up for their dinner with everyone. The places not on my map below that we drove past are Richard and Robert Sherman's homes. We didn't make it out to Santa Monica Pier - need the whole day to include that. :)

If you click on the map below it will take you to the map I created in Google maps, and shows you the different things to see in LA that I talked about. (I do have another one related to Walt Disney, too.) I need to add layers with the driving routes.

View attachment 340192
Thanks!! thats awsome

The places not on my map below that we drove past are Richard and Robert Sherman's homes. We didn't make it out to Santa Monica Pier - need the whole day to include that. :)

View attachment 340192

Fantastic.

View attachment 340192

You need to add visiting the Big D to your tour challenge.

View attachment 340192
Wow - they got YOU as a private tour guide? Priceless!!! I thought I was jealous of the DIS ABD, but now I'm even MORE jelly!!!

Last edited:
So I took a couple of weeks off and tried again today, here were just some of my thoughts.

I was a little stunned that no one knew the accurate timeline of the PP constructions, Tyler and Katrina were saying nine months, Pete was saying three months, most locals (and non-local fans) could tell you it closed Jan 8th, right after the holiday season.

They were discussing concerns for Galaxy Edge which I think are valid after PP, so that was a good topic. Katrina said Disneyland's Galaxy Edge would open two months ahead of WDW and I was like...what?! I am thinking June for DL and "late fall" means Thanksgiving for WDW.

So more comparisons..it really drove home that it is focused on a WDW audience, as a DL fan I have only a vague idea what Storybook Circus is but it was discussed like I should know. So what exactly do you encompass when you say "new Fantasyland?" So then what do you call the section of your original FL rides? And...what is Storybook Circus? Did they keep anything from your Toontown? Twice they referred to SC being superior because it has Dumbo and that kinda made me throw my hands up. Yes, because our Dumbo is not in TT, it's is our Fantasyland so it's true but does it really mean anything?

Our FL has 13 attractions, 12 of which were open before Walt died, though some have been extensively refurbished (no BBB is not remotely a top attraction of our FL). Our parks are just so different. I don't even know how you compare the two Dumbos, ours opened in 1955 with it's 100 year old organ and WDW's Dumbo new, interactive and higher capacity. I consider them both crown jewels in their respective parks.

I'll try again in a couple of weeks, I enjoyed a lot of the dialogue and I think it's a great one for the line up to do a crossover. I genuinely enjoyed Jackie's and Pete's rants about WDW things but they were rants about WDW, it mostly left me feeling like there still isn't an actual DL show as the DL info was pretty vague but it had interesting tidbits about WDW, there is still a void of DL content.

I watched the show and thought, I honestly learned more about WDW then I did DL.

Last edited:
I spent enough time in both coasts to give some answers.

So more comparisons..it really drove home that it is focused on a WDW audience, as a DL fan I have only a vague idea what Storybook Circus is but it was discussed like I should know. So what exactly do you encompass when you say "new Fantasyland?" So then what do you call the section of your original FL rides? And...what is Storybook Circus? Did they keep anything from your Toontown? Twice they referred to SC being superior because it has Dumbo and that kinda made me throw my hands up. Yes, because our Dumbo is not in TT, it's is our Fantasyland so it's true but does it really mean anything?

They greatly expanded Fantasyland in 2012 after a few years of construction. It was originally called "New Fanstasyland," but now it's all just "Fantasyland." Despite the expansion and large amount of land, there are still fewer rides in all of the MK Fantasyland compared to DL (even before counting DL's Toontown)

Currently, the Fantasyland areas are called ...
  • Cinderella's Castle Courtyard ("Old" Fantasyland)
    • Carousel
    • Peter Pan
    • Small World
    • PhilHarMagic, 3d movie
  • Enchanted Forest ("New Fantasyland")
    • Little Mermaid
    • 7 Dwarfs Mine Ride
    • Tea Cups - formerly "Old" FL
    • Winnie the Pooh - formerly "Old" FL
    • Enchant Tales with Belle, a semi-continuous attraction that is part show, part M&G
  • Storybook Circus ("New Fantasyland", area was formerly Mickey's Toontown Fair)
    • Goofy's Barnstormer
    • Dumbo - formerly "Old " FL
The rest are shows or M&G's, and a lot more dining (including Be Our guest) and shopping. There is an great deal of immersion around the Belle, Rapunzel and Ariel areas, but it also resulted in Rapunzel's tower being seen from Liberty Square, where it photobombs the Haunted Mansion.

The only thing retained from the WDW Toontown was Goofy's Barnstormer, which is their equivalent to Gadget's Go-Coaster, and WDWRR station. Dumbo was moved there during the New Fantasyland construction and they added a second Dumbo, one is Standby, the other for FP holders. The WDW Toontown was originally a temporary installation called Mickey's Birthdayland (I went during that time).

Last edited:
it really drove home that it is focused on a WDW audience

It is a vacation planning podcast/youtube show for WDW fans that are thinking of going to DLR mostly. I guess that beings in more money to Dreams Unlimited than the old show. As someone who goes to Disneyland about once a year or two and who has only been to WDW once, I realize I am not the target audience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts