Disneyland Resort Hotel Booking

Tanya Tink

Mouseketeer
What is the best way to book a Disneyland resort hotel (for any of the 3 hotels), whether it be a package with airline tickets and/or park tickets or just the hotel (in terms of value and availability)?

I had great luck with a Costco package. The room it self was not less but the package also came with a character meal and a gift card. We did not book airfare with it this last time, however I have priced it and usually Costco has great air rates too so it works out well.

While there are sometimes deals to be had or perks like the Costs package available, typically booking everything separate is as cheap if not cheaper and offers WAY more flexibility in changes in cancellations should they occur.

You need to due your due diligence and price out both ways. A character meal voucher is worthless if the package actually cost more than booking separate...then your can also afford the character meal!

While there are sometimes deals to be had or perks like the Costs package available, typically booking everything separate is as cheap if not cheaper and offers WAY more flexibility in changes in cancellations should they occur.

You need to due your due diligence and price out both ways. A character meal voucher is worthless if the package actually cost more than booking separate...then your can also afford the character meal!

Yes, I agree, always price it all out all the ways. Our room was the same price if I'd done it separately and then I had the added bonus of the character meal and gift card. The trip we're taking next week is all adults and a character meal isn't important to us so we did not book as a package this time around.

Yes, you need to price it out separately. I’ve found it almost always cheaper to book separately but I helped a friend book a trip recently and a package through Costco was actually cheaper for her trip.

Yes, you need to price it out separately. I’ve found it almost always cheaper to book separately but I helped a friend book a trip recently and a package through Costco was actually cheaper for her trip.
With Costco you can do room only, you just have to call and ask them to drop the tickets. I found for my last trip (3 nights) I saved 200 over the 3 nights over Disney’s rate and received a 185 gift card. Costco got rid of the character meal cards and went to a larger gift card amount instead.

I was also told booking through Costco is treated as booking through Disney on their end. Not sure what that meant but for some reason when I called Disney with a question that was what I was told. They hinted it had to do with room assignments. Plus my charges when paying were always Disney directly (that’s what my card showed not Costco).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter