Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

I think a lot depends on how this winter goes. If cases shoot back up over the winter months, then we are in for a long road to yellow tier.

If cases continue to trend downwards, then we are on a slow, but steady march to yellow tier.

The good news at least, is that when DL does reopen in yellow tier, it’s going to be extremely safe and extremely light crowds if it’s only 25% capacity!

So I’m guessing my plan to visit Disneyland while DW celebrates 50 years in October 2021 is shot.

The poor CMs. No way this doesn’t cause more layoffs.

I mean Disneyland got guidelines now, if you guys are unhappy just go to WDW.
Chances are Disney probably won't open until January or February, especially because flu season is coming up and more and more people are becoming less likely to stay indoors or isolate or self-distance or mask wear. I can't see it opening until next year.

I mean Disneyland got guidelines now, if you guys are unhappy just go to WDW.
Chances are Disney probably won't open until January or February, especially because flu season is coming up and more and more people are becoming less likely to stay indoors or isolate or self-distance or mask wear. I can't see it opening until next year.
Maybe take a minute and realize that a lot people can’t “just go to WDW” if they are unhappy.

I agree, this is terrible. Even the smaller parks only allowing that county to attend is stupid.

I'm trying to figure out how they enforce that. Honor system? Because they don't list the county on drivers licenses? Or do they in CA? What's stopping someone with a local friend from having said friend buy a ticket for them?

Because I hate to tell Newsom this but people didn't stop traveling to CA because of the pandemic.

Maybe take a minute and realize that a lot people can’t “just go to WDW” if they are unhappy.
I see a lot of people in here saying they're going to WDW instead, and while some people can't go to WDW due to financial reasons it's not like Disneyland is going to be going anywhere anytime soon. It's going to open eventually, it's just not opening when you guys want it to. Disneyland is a luxury for most people on this board. I feel bad for the CMs who are getting the short end of the stick when the higher ups still get all that money.

I kind of expected this, but it doesn't hurt less. I feel so terrible for all those hotels, motels, restaurants, and other small businesses that rely on Disneyland for their customer base. And even with the yellow restriction, it'll still be limited to 25% capacity. I just can't right now. :sad:

I see a lot of people in here saying they're going to WDW instead, and while some people can't go to WDW due to financial reasons it's not like Disneyland is going to be going anywhere anytime soon. It's going to open eventually, it's just not opening when you guys want it to. Disneyland is a luxury for most people on this board. I feel bad for the CMs who are getting the short end of the stick when the higher ups still get all that money.

It goes way past just the CMs but all the hotels, restaurants in that area that rely on Disney. It's a shame and just not rational in thinking.

Well with the guidelines I see light at the end of my planning tunnel. I’ll give it a couple weeks to see if Disney tries to actually fight this (ie lawyers) but if they don’t I can now clear my slate of Disneyland bookings and hopefully get a ticket refund and move on with my vacation plans.

Wondering if I should even be excited about our December 2021 trip anymore. What a bummer, especially for those who have lost jobs and income

Newsom sent a 'task force' to other parks (supposedly WDW) last week or 2 wks ago to see their progress & THIS new guideline is what they came up with?!?! seriously, give me a break!!!

of course, who pays for that task force trip?? Us CA taxpaying schlubs!

Wow... that’s devastating news...
And that on top of all the bad news in my region...(Germany, especially Berlin doesn’t look good at all and right now I don’t have much trust in my fellow human beings... toilet paper is running low again...)
I have really hoped for some good news from Anahaim... I am tiered of all the bad news...
I can’t even remotely imagine what that means for Anaheim and all the hotels and after all the theme parks...not only DL...

I really hope there will be some positive progress or anything and that DL can open sooner than we fear right now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter