Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Since this is a speculation thread anyone want to take a guess on the guidelines?
Here's mine - Small parks (I'm thinking Scandia) can open in orange and at 25% capacity. Larger parks (Disney, Universal) can open in yellow at 25% capacity
guess my crystal ball was right

This is absolutely horrible and even worse than the leaked guidelines. I feel horrible for all theme park employees as they'll soon be jobless. I feel bad for all the locals that just want to enjoy a family activity at a very safe environment like Disneyland compared to other activities they could be doing.
the leaked guidelines were 25%, yellow and a radius...

Looking into Madame Leoda's crystal ball, I predict that the legal arena in CA when it comes to large theme parks is going to get pretty busy pretty darn soon.

I don't see the larger counties being in the yellow tier any time in the next 6 months. So I am wondering if it would make sense to just cancel my Feb trip now. So frustrating.

I don't see the larger counties being in the yellow tier any time in the next 6 months. So I am wondering if it would make sense to just cancel my Feb trip now. So frustrating.
One thing to consider is a few press conferences back Newsom mentioned this "tier" system wasn't a permanent thing and would be there to at least get us through the end of the year

BTW, There is zero reason to go to 15k for smaller theme parks if you only allow at a maximum of 500. 500 would only be 2000 capacity.

I just cannot believe this. I mean, I can, but I can’t. I’m standing here waiting in line to checkout at the grocery store with my mouth hanging open. I knew it was going to be bad, but this is BAD.

Even the smaller parks will close because most counties down here can’t get to orange. It’s too difficult for a multitude of reasons.

I just don’t understand. Does the state think that they can keep these businesses closed this long and they’ll still be around to revive the tourism industry in a year or two????? It just doesn’t work like that. I’m really not trying to be political, I’m genuinely trying to understand if they grasp the long term economic affects of these mandates.

What is going to happen to Anaheim?

Maybe that satire article about Disneyland moving to Texas isn’t so far fetched after all..... I mean, I’m joking but.......

San Francisco was made yellow today. I don’t doubt that they intentionally made that move at the same time as making these announcements.

So it's bad news. Not as bad as the leaked guidelines (at least there's no distance requirement for the larger parks once yellow is reached), but still not good.

I'm still holding on to all those reservations I have until I have no choice but to cancel them. Have several potential stays from November to March booked right now. WDW is not an option for me sadly.

I'll be looking into a DTD run, though.

One of the slides just presented stated "theme parks are a higher risk setting than outdoor stadiums.”

Okay I want them to explain that one. I've been to Cedar Point several times since the pandemic started. Going back this weekend actually. I feel 10 times safer in an environment where I'm constantly moving then one I'm constantly seated. I won't even go back to movie theaters yet. And yet I've been to CP four times, and King's Island three.

Last edited by a moderator:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter