Disneyland people who have gone to Disney World?

For us at GCV they did not. We had to take our own trash bags out. We stayed 4 nights so did not get the benefit of the 4th day cleaning.

:wizard:
Ah yes, that makes sense. But if the OP rents at WDW they probably will.

Renting DVC will get you all the perks of staying onsite at WDW (EMH, transportation, 60 day advance FP, etc) I think the biggest con to renting points is you're likely to loose your money if you can't make the reservation. DVC rental store has an additional cancel for any reason policy for a $1.90/point rented with a minimum cost of $190. You can also look on the DVC section of DIS, they have a forum for point rentals direct from members if you want to try that route.

If you decide to rent points just be aware that resort availability will be limited as Novemeber/December is a popular time for DVC owners to try and use their points.

As I understand it some DVC owners are financing their properties so that brings up another question. What if I rent the points today for a DVC property this fall but this summer the owner stops paying their mortgage and it gets foreclosed on after I have paid in full. Has this ever been an issue in the past in your experience?

And I do like DVC rentals cancel anytime policy but I didn't see if it addresses any issues with foreclosure.

As I understand it some DVC owners are financing their properties so that brings up another question. What if I rent the points today for a DVC property this fall but this summer the owner stops paying their mortgage and it gets foreclosed on after I have paid in full. Has this ever been an issue in the past in your experience?

And I do like DVC rentals cancel anytime policy but I didn't see if it addresses any issues with foreclosure.

With the bigger companies you'll sign a rental agreement with the member. DVC rental's sample agreement is on their website and it gives you the following protections

Member agrees and promises:
a) To keep all maintenance fees, dues or assessments current
b) To keep all mortgages current
c) To keep their membership in the Disney Vacation Club in good standing
d) To make all requests for the Renter. These include but are not limited to location requests, add/delete guests and revision of contact information. Location requests CANNOT be guaranteed.
e) To add the Disney Dining Plan for the Renter once Renter has made payment for such to the DVC RentalStore. Additionally, Member agrees to add the Disney Dining Plan for Renter in a timely manner so as not to jeopardize the addition of the Disney Dining Plan under the guidelines of the Disney Vacation Club.

Port Orleans is awesome. Just like all places some of the quick service is good and some is not. Geyser Point and Roaring Fork are 2 quick services that have great food. Both of them are located at The Wilderness Lodge. We just bot back from there and there was 5 of us, My wife and I our 2 kids 6 and 3 and our nephew who is 18. We use the Dining with the one quick service, one table, and one snack and its too much food for us. Hoop De Doo review at Fort Wilderness is really good food and an entertaining show. We also like Pinocchio's Haus which has pretty good flat breads. Fast Pass+ is not as easy to use as Max Pass. You have to book 60 days in advance and do not get anymore until they are all used. So if you fast pass a night time event or a ride later in the day you have to wait until you use that last one to get another. If there is a work around to that I'm unaware of it. We avoid park hopping as well due to the hassle of getting a stroller on the bus and off so we tackle one park a day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!