Disneyland Parking

wvanderark71

Earning My Ears
I am looking for advice for finding free parking. We are will to walk a bit or even catch a Lyft to the front gate.
Thanks!

I honestly think that most places around DLR have wised up and have means to prevent folks from parking there and then going to the parks. You might be able to find some places where the price is less than the Disney lots, but still not free. For example, SpotHero lets you prepay for parking at some of the area hotels that allow non-guests to park in their lots. Still between the time it takes to get to the parks from wherever you park and the cost of the Lyft ride, I don't know you'd really be coming out ahead.

I'm guessing that you are not staying at a hotel and just visiting from out of town for the day? If that is the case unfortunately there isn't anywhere near by that doesn't either charge a decent amount for parking or post signs saying they will tow you away for parking there if you are not eating/staying/shopping there. Free, safe, legal disneyland parking doesn't exist anymore to the best of my knowledge. Parking at the official lots is $20, so that is the price you're trying to beat if you're looking to pay to park somewhere cheaper plus the price of your Lyft ride(s).

Fullerton MetroLink/ Amtrak train station has multiple FREE parking structures. You would park your car there and take OCTA bus 43 or 543 to the Parks. The cost of the bus is $4 per person round trip and takes about 15-20min.

Fullerton Park and Ride parking lot at the 91 and 5 freeway interchange. Free surface parking lot. You park your car and take LA Metro 460 to the parks. The cost is $3.50 round trip per person and takes 15mins.

DLR's $20 parking fee isn't bad for all day parking with in and out privileges. That beats most concerts and sporting events for parking fees. When divided by 2 or more people, it's even better. Do not risk parking in a residential area or in any lot with signs that say they will tow you -- because they will tow you.
And don't forget that what might look like a bargain deal on parking early in the day may look like an exhausting trek back to the car late at night on weary legs and aching feet while carrying all your stuff. It might be well worth the money to park in one of DLR's lots.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter