Disneyland Paris Will Reopen July 15 Village Nature Opens June 22

No information yet, they said the AP holders would receive an e-mail soon. But nothing yet. The only thing we know is the beginning of July.

What do we know
- Ticket reservation required
- Package deals guests (hotel + ticket) gets guaranteed access.
- Cheyenne & NPB are open from the start, the other hotels open in phases.
- Extra cleaning
- Masks required
- Handgel everywhere around the resort.
- Limited capacity in the park, on rides, in shops and restaurants
- Contactless payments preferred.
- 1m distance
- Selfie opportunities with characters
- Lion King show will be performed later this summer, Jungle Book Jive will be performed after the Lion King show has started again. It will be a reworked version.
- Plastic screens in stores and at hotel reception
- One family per elevator at hotels.
- Buffet restaurants will be table service
- Limited capacity in pools and other activities

So basically nothing surprising.
Not Cheyenne, only NPB, Cheyenne is one week later

I am still holding on to the possibility of that we might get to visit in November... Hopefully things will be clearer by the end of July, or Early August if the US will be allowed into France, for holiday travel... meaning, no 2 weeks isolation upon arrival.

We are giving it till the end of July or maybe into early August if there looks like the possibility of being able to go, as our deadline to make some type of decision and to figure out what to do with our airline tickets..

I have a acquaintance that is a travel agent... she seems quite sure of the fact the last quarter of the year ( October, November, December), that international vacation travel should resume, with most countries allowing travel... When I asked her why she thought that, she said simply, Money... basic math.... tourist travel brings millions and millions of dollars to the economy, and right now most countries need a huge boost to their economy. Tourist spend money - airfare, hotel, transportation, sightseeing, restaurants, excursions, lots and lots of money changes hands... She does have a point...

Thoughts on how things are going since they opened the borders?

I don't think we can say a lot about the situation since the re-opening, as not many people cross the border yet. What we can see that there are areas where there are more infections. Germany had a big rise in one area with people back in lockdown, in Portugal Lisbon is scaling up their measures again.

Yes, your travel agent is right, international tourism brings in a lot of money, but some of that will be made up by domestic tourists and within the EU.
It's going to be tricky. Really depends on the development for the coming weeks/months.

I am still holding on to the possibility of that we might get to visit in November... Hopefully things will be clearer by the end of July, or Early August if the US will be allowed into France, for holiday travel... meaning, no 2 weeks isolation upon arrival.
(..)

You are aware that there currently isn't a 2 week quarantine upon arrival (you go in isolation when you're sick, in quarantine to make sure you aren't/don't infect others if you happen to be) because there isn't any travel allowed except under very specific conditions? I don't think the current state of for example Florida will make Europe want to welcome Americans too soon. Your travel agent has a point, but I think for the EU the international travel doesn't bring in enough to risk the public health.
If you want to know by the end of July, I think you won't be able to make the trip, because there won't be plans that far our yet.

You are aware that there currently isn't a 2 week quarantine upon arrival (you go in isolation when you're sick, in quarantine to make sure you aren't/don't infect others if you happen to be) because there isn't any travel allowed except under very specific conditions? I don't think the current state of for example Florida will make Europe want to welcome Americans too soon. Your travel agent has a point, but I think for the EU the international travel doesn't bring in enough to risk the public health.
If you want to know by the end of July, I think you won't be able to make the trip, because there won't be plans that far our yet.

I was not aware of that you don't have to quarantine upon arrival... Thanks for the info...

I live here in Florida, and they keep showing that the numbers are rising, and rising... the thing is the back log is of results is starting to show up, which some of the results are weeks and weeks old... as of right now its takes at least 6 to 10 days to get results if you get them back by then, or if they don't lose them and then you have to be tested all over... as well people are testing multiple times, so if you are sick or think you might have been expose, your pretty much over it by the time you get the results...

There are rumors that they are using the numbers of testing kits, and not the actual numbers of positive people, or making available the amount of people testing negative, to use as a comparison... when ask what the number of negative people, they will not give the number... which leads me to wonder why? How can you say that there is a increase in numbers when you can't show the positive and negative numbers... or create a percentage with out all the numbers... really basic math...

The numbers have spiked as well in correlation to the protest that went on and are still going on... which in the news says it has nothing to do with it... which doesn't make any sense... so if thousand of people protesting, without mask and did not social distance doesn't had no effect on the numbers and did not cause any spreading... then doesn't it make sense that should hold true to other large gatherings? or really any other pre-cauction that they are telling us that we have to do... such as social distancing, or wearing of the mask?

Alot of this is political driven... and the media here is fear-mongering, and if you change the channel the numbers, and information changes depending on the political affiliation of the new outlet...

Sorry I kinda got off track...

I total get what your saying... about July maybe we should push our deadline back...

Keep us posted,
Thanks for all your great info...

I was not aware of that you don't have to quarantine upon arrival... Thanks for the info...
(..)

I total get what your saying... about July maybe we should push our deadline back...

Keep us posted,
Thanks for all your great info...
I'm not saying you don't have to quarantine upon arrival, I'm saying there currently isn't any arrival. So there are two separate decisions you're waiting for, first, when will you will be allowed in at all and second, under which conditions.
I get your thing about the tests and the numbers not being correct or outdated, but that doesn't really matter. It's all the information the EU has right now to make the decision if they'll allow US citizens in or not, so even with incorrect data, it's all the data there is and it will influence your chances.
On a side note, this week it was in the news the US won't allow EU citizens in for the rest of the year either, they later altered this a bit in saying, we don't know when it's allowed, but just so you know, it's the same in both directions

Oh, I forgot, AP holders should have received (will receive) an e-mail regarding the extension. Infinity got 153 days, 123 days closure, plus 30 days extra. Which I think is a good offer.

Oh, I forgot, AP holders should have received (will receive) an e-mail regarding the extension. Infinity got 153 days, 123 days closure, plus 30 days extra. Which I think is a good offer.
Yes and the best thing, there is a website where you can check the validity date! Which I was hoping they would do, because otherwise it'd have become a disaster!

Yes and the best thing, there is a website where you can check the validity date! Which I was hoping they would do, because otherwise it'd have become a disaster!
I hadn't checked it yet, as my AP was still valid till March next year, but indeed, 5 more months!

We have now 2 reservations for Cheyenne late July and first week August. When they release the booking platform we will see what we can book. We came to the conclusion that we just desperately need a Disney fix :) It was really nice to do some big coasters at Efteling last week, and it's the closest we have in NL, but I miss the castle.

The direct Thalys between Amsterdam and MLV won't run till the end of the year, so I will probably take the train to Brussels where my Disney buddy lives and then from there we go by car.
Unfortunately the flight schedule between Amsterdam and Paris is not fully back yet, otherwise I would have taken a plane to Paris. The last flight from Paris to Amsterdam is now at 16:20, and that is way too early to leave a park ;-)

I hadn't checked it yet, as my AP was still valid till March next year, but indeed, 5 more months!

We have now 2 reservations for Cheyenne late July and first week August. When they release the booking platform we will see what we can book. We came to the conclusion that we just desperately need a Disney fix :) It was really nice to do some big coasters at Efteling last week, and it's the closest we have in NL, but I miss the castle.

The direct Thalys between Amsterdam and MLV won't run till the end of the year, so I will probably take the train to Brussels where my Disney buddy lives and then from there we go by car.
Unfortunately the flight schedule between Amsterdam and Paris is not fully back yet, otherwise I would have taken a plane to Paris. The last flight from Paris to Amsterdam is now at 16:20, and that is way too early to leave a park ;-)
We have Compass club booked for the first week of August, but I'm still not sure if we'll be going or not... I need my Disney fix, but I also want to be safe, so we'll see how things go (if we can get reservations for the park, how they handle the lounge and what it's like in the parks). I do think they aren't being good for their AP holders by not giving them the guarantee they can get in the parks if they stay in a Disney Hotel, I think it's unbelievable (even if they just said, you have to let us know if you'll use it or not, but you will get in), so if we can't get the reservation for the parks, we won't go. Will also be our first time driving there in a full electric car! We were going to test it before, but well... those trips got cancelled... So having NPB instead of SQL is an advantage, as that's where the charging stations are :rotfl2: (we asked the concierge in SQL on our last trip)

I'm not saying you don't have to quarantine upon arrival, I'm saying there currently isn't any arrival. So there are two separate decisions you're waiting for, first, when will you will be allowed in at all and second, under which conditions.
I get your thing about the tests and the numbers not being correct or outdated, but that doesn't really matter. It's all the information the EU has right now to make the decision if they'll allow US citizens in or not, so even with incorrect data, it's all the data there is and it will influence your chances.
On a side note, this week it was in the news the US won't allow EU citizens in for the rest of the year either, they later altered this a bit in saying, we don't know when it's allowed, but just so you know, it's the same in both directions

Thanks for the update, I haven't seen anything on the US not allowing EU citizens till the end of the year... I am going to look around to see exactly what it said...Do you happen to remember, what news outlet or where you saw the info on this... Much appreciated..

Thanks for the update, I haven't seen anything on the US not allowing EU citizens till the end of the year... I am going to look around to see exactly what it said...Do you happen to remember, what news outlet or where you saw the info on this... Much appreciated..
It was on the Dutch news on Tuesday of Wednesday, they (the US ambassador in The Netherlands) changed the specifics the day after. Fact is, we currently aren't allowed in (and visa versa).

Yes I think I have also read/ heard that somewhere in the news... but of course don’t know where (or even if it was a legitimate source)
I think this decision will be totally political!

but all those guesses are really just that...guesses
it’ll it all depend on how the next couple of weeks go...there are so many people running around thinking this whole pandemic is over and they don’t care about social distancing and masks... and everything is slowly opening again....
But even if that works out now in summer with everyone outside and all windows open... I am afraid of the fall when it gets cold and wet... and by then many schools will resume business as usual (at least that’s the plan for now in Germany) so it’s just a question of when we will see the case numbers really rise again not only in some hotspots...

I desperately hope for a quick weekend trip to at least DLP later this year... but I am worried about a second wave...
(I really wish I wouldn’t be such a terrible pessimist...)

Last edited:
CIAO EVERYONE,I am writing from Italy where I live.
Here news say that,as for July 1st,Eu borders will be open for Schengen members plus Canada,Japan,Australia,possibly China...BUT borders will remain closed :sad2::sad2:for US visitors,as well as for Russia and Brazil...
We were planning a trip to Disneyland Paris for September,let's see if France borders (and ours) will still open by then.
Here too we are worried about a second wave:headache:

Here news say that,as for July 1st,Eu borders will be open for Schengen members plus Canada,Japan,Australia,possibly China...BUT borders will remain closed :sad2::sad2:for US visitors,as well as for Russia and Brazil...
We were planning a trip to Disneyland Paris for September,let's see if France borders (and ours) will still open by then.

Thanks for the update...

DH and I are pretty much resigned to the fact we are not going...

We are still going to wait until the end of July or early August to see what happening, with that we are waiting for Delta to include our travel dates so that we can get our money back..

Would like to add that the list of countries will be revised every two weeks, so if things improve in certain countries, travel restrictions won’t remain in place for longer than necessary.

It was on the Dutch news on Tuesday of Wednesday, they (the US ambassador in The Netherlands) changed the specifics the day after. Fact is, we currently aren't allowed in (and visa versa).
I just found a Dutch article where the US Ambassador apologized for not being clear about this issue. Apparently there is no decision taken yet on whether or not EU citizens can travel to the US this year.

For the Dutchies and anyone with Google Translate.
https://www.bnr.nl/nieuws/internati...eisverbod-voor-alle-europeanen-tot-einde-jaar

Thanks for the update...

DH and I are pretty much resigned to the fact we are not going...

We are still going to wait until the end of July or early August to see what happening, with that we are waiting for Delta to include our travel dates so that we can get our money back..
Citizens of 14 countries will be allowed into the EU again from tomorrow (they only decided the list today! To give you an indiction), there are some Asian and African countries on the list. China would have been the 15th country, but they aren't allowed because they don't allow EU citizens. So even if the situation in the US got better, you wouldn't be allowed until the US allows EU citizens. (Canada is also allowed btw).

• :hyper2:Here is what bbc news tell us :

EU recommends lifting travel restrictions on 15 countries from July 1
    last updated: 30/06/2020 - 16:04

The final list of the countries for which Europe's borders will be open does not include Brazil, the US and Russia.
    The EU said the list was decided based on the number of new COVID-19 cases over the last 14 days, the overall trend of COVID-19 cases and government handling of the crisis.
    Ultimately, it will remain up to individual EU countries to make the call for their borders, meaning in some cases countries could reimpose internal borders.

The full list of countries whose nationals will be allowed to enter Europe is as follows:
    Algeria
    Australia
    Canada
    Georgia
    Japan
    Montenegro
    Morocco
    New Zealand
    Rwanda
    Serbia
    South Korea
    Thailand
    Tunisia
    Uruguay

UK nationals are still to be treated in the same way as EU citizens until the end of the Brexit transition period (31.12.2020)
SOOO looking forward to Disneyland Paris opening ... :jumping1:very curious too!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!