Disneyland Paris Visit - a view from a WDW fan!

thomaspp

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone. We (family of 4 adults and two children) just got back from Disneyland Paris. We are Walt Disney World frequent visitors /fans/Disney vaction club members and travel to Paris once every other year to visit my mother in law but had never thought about making a Disneyland Paris trip. We went and the trip was a lot of fun with a little letdown here and there.

Hotel: We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel for two nights and spent 3 days at the parks. Highlights of our trip were the beautiful Disneyland Hotel with excellent service, beautiful rooms and lovely common areas. We stayed in a family suite and it was very expensive but wow… I am impressed by how nice the hotel was. The décor, the nature surrounding the hotel, the high ceilings in the rooms, the staff, the vibe! Little amenities also make a huge difference: the way they serve breakfast room service, the fact that they come into your room no less than 3 times per day to freshen the room, etc., the fact that you can leave your bags in the room on checkout day and they will deliver to the lobby…. Overall we were very impressed with the hotel and will go as far as to say Disneyland Hotel Paris is nicer than any luxury property at WDW (including Grand Floridian, Contemporary, etc).

Highlights: We had a fabulous meal at the California Grill, watched France win the semi-final in the world cup at the bar on the second floor of the Disneyland Hotel while sipping champagne and had a great lunch at Chef Remi’s. I loved seeing more updated versions of classic rids!

Attractions/Parks:
Pirates of the Caribbean, Big Thunder and Space Mountain were my favorites. I adored Ratatouille and the theming the area surrounding it. Mickey and the Magician was an excellent show.

No offense here but Crush the Coaster is the most overrated ride! 50-60 minute wait times are not worth this ride! Tower of terror was a bit disappointing as it is a less complete version of the equivalent attractions in the U.S.

But again Big Thunder, Pirates, the Castle, Space Mountain, Peter Pan, some of the shows and a few others were really top. Heck even a small world was wonderful! The Parks are as gorgeous as everyone had said. The landscaping was wonderful, the buildings around mainstreet and the castle were really gorgeous.

The Bad:
I found the parks to be disorganized. Generally certain rides were closed during extra magic time when they should have been open, wait times were inaccurate (both too long and too short). Cast members many times didn’t know the answer to basic questions. That being said many/most cast members were very nice and spoke 3 languages. The wait times at quick service restaurants was very long. It seemed to me that most rides took way too long to load and unload passengers. Overall I was disappointed with how the parks were being run: the parks are really quite beautiful and surrounded by lovely nature but miss being incredible due to not running quite as sharply as they do at WDW.

I found the fact that you can see many of the ride buildings at Hollywood studios was distracting and ugly.

I would very much like to visit again in the future but it will likely be several years before we do so. In addition to our semi-annual WDW trips, visiting Disney parks outside of the US is a new and fun family adventure which we would like to embark on!

Thanks for reading and be well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!