Disneyland Paris Suggestions for a Solo Adult?

TheNextSurprise

Earning My Ears
Hi - Will be in paris for work next week with a day to kill. Having spend many previous "days to kill" wandering the beautiful city for all it has to offer I think i'll allow myself this indulgence and check out Disney paris. For those that have been, ill be going on Monday - would welcome any tips / suggestions. I am taking the Paris metro there. Thank you!

Hi - Will be in paris for work next week with a day to kill. Having spend many previous "days to kill" wandering the beautiful city for all it has to offer I think i'll allow myself this indulgence and check out Disney paris. For those that have been, ill be going on Monday - would welcome any tips / suggestions. I am taking the Paris metro there. Thank you!

Sounds like fun to me! You may get better answers if you post here in the Disneyland Paris section:
https://www.disboards.com/forums/disneyland-paris-trip-planning-community-board.77/

Maybe the mods can move the post for you.

Also, :welcome: to the DIS!

I went solo a few years back. The Metro is super convenient. Bag check once gets you into Downtown Disney (small) and the plaza shared by both Disneyland Paris and Walt Disney Studios. Unlikely you will be able to ride their headliners like Crusher's Coaster without a long wait as the FPs are long gone by 11am. Lots of duplicate rides like Aerosmith's RNRC, Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain. I would focus on the ones we don't have. Ratatouille is a good one and it is coming to Epcot later this year. If you like Storybook Land canal boats at Disneyland, then don't miss Les Pays des Conte de Fees, very similar, but more elaborate. Try to ride Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril (if you are okay with roller coasters). The subs are cool, too. Their version of Haunted Mansion is not to be missed.
Meals are more difficult. Sit down restaurants are astronomically priced and can be tough on a solo traveler, especially a female. I just snacked more economically.
The shows are often in French or partially in French, (mais oui!)

Great timing, weather looks nice for next week. Might squeeze in a one day visit later in the week!

Here a thread with general tips and links ti other FAQ threads. https://www.disboards.com/threads/faq-1st-time-visitors-crowds-weather-language-wifi-money.3736354/

I do not fully agree with the previous poster.
- Yes I would focus on different rides, but only skip the duplicates if time becomes an issue.
- Crush coaster doesn't have a fp, but does have a single riders line.
- DLPs Big Thunder Mountain is the best of all Disney parks.
- Furthermore park should be quiet, the Spring holidays have ended this week, watched the waiting times today, Big Thunder Mountain was on 15 minutes for a large part of the day!!! You should be able to do a lot!
- I wouldn't do table service on a one day visit, too much time. Don't really get why it would tough on a solo traveller especially a female solo traveller. It's Disney, not the center of Rome filled with bold Mediterreanen fellows who whistle at everything with a skirt on.

I would ride BTM and POC repeatedly. They are both superior to their stateside versions. Also, if possible, I would eat a big breakfast before you leave and try to subsist off snacks throughout the day. The lines for food, even quickserve, are incredibly slow

The shows are usually performed in both French and English. Check the entertainment schedule for which performances are in which language.
Ratatouille has a single rider line - don't miss it.
There's a dragon under the castle - it's worth seeing.

Sit down restaurants are astronomically priced and can be tough on a solo traveler, especially a female. (mais oui!)

I dont understand this. Im a solo female traveller, I have been to Disneyland Paris AND Disneyland California multiple times on my own. I always eat at a mix of quick service and table service. I dont see the issue. So what if its a table service, if I want to eat the food I will. All the menus and prices are online, so I budget accordingly. If a table service meal will cost €60 I just build it into my budget. Also I dont feel guilty about being on my own and taking a 4 top table. I have just as much right to eat at that restaurant as a family.

I dont understand this. Im a solo female traveller, I have been to Disneyland Paris AND Disneyland California multiple times on my own. I always eat at a mix of quick service and table service. I dont see the issue. So what if its a table service, if I want to eat the food I will. All the menus and prices are online, so I budget accordingly. If a table service meal will cost €60 I just build it into my budget. Also I dont feel guilty about being on my own and taking a 4 top table. I have just as much right to eat at that restaurant as a family.
I don't know where you got the idea from my post that a solo female traveler doesn't deserve space at a sit down restaurant. I never said it, or implied it.
I don't have a problem eating on my own, but some people do, particularly females. I agree that menus and pricing can be found online and budgeted; I was just pointing out the pricing to the OP, so she wouldn't be blindsided. I also found that unless I had a reservation, a table in a sit-down venue was hard to get (just like DLR or WDW). On a one day trip, I wouldn't choose to spend my precious time at a sit down restaurant.

I don't know where you got the idea from my post that a solo female traveler doesn't deserve space at a sit down restaurant. I never said it, or implied it.
I don't have a problem eating on my own, but some people do, particularly females. I agree that menus and pricing can be found online and budgeted; I was just pointing out the pricing to the OP, so she wouldn't be blindsided. I also found that unless I had a reservation, a table in a sit-down venue was hard to get (just like DLR or WDW). On a one day trip, I wouldn't choose to spend my precious time at a sit down restaurant.

What you did imply (to me) was that it would be out of budget, or inappropriate for a female or that maybe she would be harrassed as you said it was tough. I don't think it would be tougher on a solo male traveller than a solo female traveller. I found it strange that you specified a gender in this context.

Especially because the OP is male ;-) According to his bio.

But anyway, that's not what you meant. If someone has a problem dining solo he/she shouldn't do solo trips. Or keep in mind everyone is far too busy minding their own business to pay attention to other diners.

Thanks all! really helpful tips, including that i was in the wrong forum! Still learning my way around this wonderful resource.

I am considering heading there straight from CDG (i land at 8AM) as it seems like it would waste a few hours taking a taxi to the hotel and then back out. Ill have to look into locker rental for my luggage.

it also seems reasonable to try and do both parks in a day.

Thanks all! really helpful tips, including that i was in the wrong forum! Still learning my way around this wonderful resource.

I am considering heading there straight from CDG (i land at 8AM) as it seems like it would waste a few hours taking a taxi to the hotel and then back out. Ill have to look into locker rental for my luggage.

it also seems reasonable to try and do both parks in a day.

When you get to the main park, stay to your right (so don't go straight under the hotel to the entrance gate). To your right you will find the concierge where you can store your luggage, a big suitcase is 15 euro, if I'm not mistaken.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter