Disneyland Paris Half Marathon Weekend 2018

Hi all! I'm trying to talk DH into doing the Paris race in 2019 to celebrate me turning 29 again. When I look at the website for information it is all a little overwhelming! And yet, both the Disney and the RunDisney websites seem to have a lack of information at the same time as having too much. I'm thinking that booking through TA might be best since I have no clue what I'm doing.

Hi all! I'm trying to talk DH into doing the Paris race in 2019 to celebrate me turning 29 again. When I look at the website for information it is all a little overwhelming! And yet, both the Disney and the RunDisney websites seem to have a lack of information at the same time as having too much. I'm thinking that booking through TA might be best since I have no clue what I'm doing.

If you want to be guaranteed to get the race(s) you want, yes, either use a travel agent or book the bib/hotel package directly with Disneyland Paris. Bib only sales for many of the events sold out the day registration opened in April.

Suggestions based on what I have learned this year:
*Approach planning the trip like you would any other Disney trip. Spend time on their website figuring out what hotel you want to stay at and if you want any of their meal plans.
*Figure our how you will get from the airport to the park. Their version of DME? Train? Cab?
*Start shopping flights so you know what the options are before you book you package.
*After the 2018 race is over, check the runDisney site every few weeks until you see they have posted the 2019 list of travel agents then start checking the Disneyland Paris website for booking deals.
*If you are in the states you can call the Walt Disney World number and ask for Disneyland Paris. Plan to make that call really early in the morning; also bring your patience when you make the call as you might spend a long time on hold and have a cast member that is not comfortable with English.
*If you love photopass do not get it when you book. At least this year race photos are not part of photopass so you have to purchase a specific card after registration opens. They have cards for just the races as well as for additional park days.
*Know that for the half marathon you will need a doctors certificate. The form is available on their website.
*After you book your package, be patient. The link to finalize registration (shirts, POT, etc) was not sent until the end of June this year.

Also, I would suggest lurking on the Disneyland Paris section of the boards. There is a lot of information there. Besides restaurant information one of my biggest takeaways from that board is not to expect WDW or Disneyland - to keep in mind that this is a theme park in Europe where the culture and attitudes are very different from the states.

Hope this helps.

Dont make it too complicated, you basically need 3 things
- transportation
- hotel
- race bib(s)
Decide on these 3 first, everything else are add-ons.

My friend and I booked our hotel at Vienna House Magic Circus at Disneyland ® Paris is there a shuttle to the parks like in WDW? Also, are there shuttles to the corrals for race day? I have no idea what to expect and I can't find information anywhere! Would love some insight!

My friend and I booked our hotel at Vienna House Magic Circus at Disneyland ® Paris is there a shuttle to the parks like in WDW? Also, are there shuttles to the corrals for race day? I have no idea what to expect and I can't find information anywhere! Would love some insight!

Yes, there are shuttles to the parks. But be prepared for the shuttles being very full and Magic Circus is not the first on the route.
The shuttle takes you to the train station next to DLP, from there you go through park security and walk to the corrals in Disney Village. In my mind the first shuttles from Kyriad (the first stop on the shuttle route), start from about 5:30-5:45 for a 7:00 race.

I need some advice from anyone in the UK who has done this half before. My GP will not sign the medical form and says no UK GP would sign it unless I have an ECG which I'd have to pay to have done privately. What have other people done for previous races?

I need some advice from anyone in the UK who has done this half before. My GP will not sign the medical form and says no UK GP would sign it unless I have an ECG which I'd have to pay to have done privately. What have other people done for previous races?

I know there is an online site that does it for a fee. It’s mentioned often on the Facebook site. Let me see if I can find the link.

www.cyclosportmedicalcertificates.co.uk

Does anyone have experience with the Food and Wine festival that will be going on during the race weekend?

Does anyone have experience with the Food and Wine festival that will be going on during the race weekend?

By coincidence, I was there last year. It was thefirst year, so it wasn't big and there were some issues. Opposite the Ratatouille area there were 4 or 5 stalls with 2 or 3 food items & wine from several French regions. Portions were small, certain items were heated in a microwave (which left the inside cold and the outside warm) some items were sold out and I remember there were issues with paying, but I don't recall exactly what the issue was. It was a nice thing, but there was definitely room for improvement.

I hadn't seen it announced to be repeated again this year, where did you find the information?

http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/events/rendez-vous-gourmand/

And Disney Food Blog

Hopefully they’ll have worked out the kinks! I’m hoping for better food since I’ve heard the park food is so bad :crazy2:

Thanks, I was looking in the events list, but it's not on there. Last year it was only 3 or 4 weeks, now over 2 months. That gives them time to work out the beginners issues I hope.

And for bad food... yes, the counter service food is better in WDW, but to call it bad would be exagerating. Airport food for some restaurants. I don't do table service in the park as it is too pricey, I prefer to eat in the village.

Although we are planning to splurge at Inventions for the marathon weekend.

http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/events/rendez-vous-gourmand/

And Disney Food Blog

Hopefully they’ll have worked out the kinks! I’m hoping for better food since I’ve heard the park food is so bad :crazy2:

When I was there in June I felt like the food was better than when I went in 2016. It certainly wasn't great, but it was all palatable. I'd compare their burgers and nuggets to the standard Cosmic Ray's and ABC Commissary in Walt Disney World.

The thing that made me cringe more than anything was the prices for the food. It was more than I'd normally pay for a meal at Disney, but as long as you are prepared for that it's not so bad.
And I will say that the one table service restaurant we dined at (Inventions) was absolutely delicious. So I have a feeling that if you have any restaurants booked then the overall food will be better.

Speaking of these things...what exactly do we print out and bring with us to pickup?

According to the email I received we get whatever it is, and our bib numbers, 15 days before the race.

Dear ,

Congratulations!

You are now registered for the Disneyland® Paris Magic Run Weekend 2018:
  • 36K Challenge
Bib number will be available on your runner account 15 days prior event.

Then, 15 days before the event, you will receive an email with your official document to provide at the expo, in order to retrieve your g’EAR bag.
If you have any questions about your registration, please feel free to contact us at dlp.run.info@disney.com.
Be sure to check our website for full event details, updates and other helpful information.Thank you for registering and we look forward to your participation!runDisney France
Disneyland® Paris

I know there is an online site that does it for a fee. It’s mentioned often on the Facebook site. Let me see if I can find the link.

www.cyclosportmedicalcertificates.co.uk

Thanks for this tip off. It took a couple of days for the certificates to come through and RD Paris approved then within a day of uploading them so I'm now registered. Phew.

Now for the fun stuff. Costumes anyone?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter