Disneyland Paris Half Marathon Weekend 2018

I wasn’t looking that closely at who posted what when I was scrolling through and when I read this comment I thought “Hmm. Calling someone ‘dogface’ because of their corral seems a little harsh.” Lololol
FYI - Dogface is a term of affection between US Army infantry soldiers. It emerged in WWI when the US 3rd Infantry Division stopped the final German attack right here at the Marne River.

Under the sea & some Disney trailers. That’s all we get. Lol.

Also, TIL Christopher Robin is called Jean-Christopher in France.
Being in the latet corrals i now know the feeling of goinh stir crazy when they repeat the same starting lines and countdown over and over and over and over. I was hoping that would end as soon as possible.

This was a chaotic 5K. The introductions of the important man were missed by many cause he only started in French, long speech, and then started with English. The warming up was in French only and not all mics were working. And the only one speaking English wasn't able to improvise beyond asking if we were ready and pointing out superhero costumes.

I truly do not know which idiot thought it was a good idea to mix up the corrals and at random assign people with children in the first corral? Especially as the first few 100 meters were extremely narrow.

I was happy with my time, according to my running app, I was able to finish under 30 minutes, which was a nice surprise. But when I came over the finish line I saw still runners entering the Studios, and even when I entered the Village there were still people starting.

I didn't stop for any characters the queues were very long. (Saw Black Widow, Thor, Captain America and two others meet, but I'm not at home in the Marvel Universe :P so don't know!)

This was a chaotic 5K. The introductions of the important man were missed by many cause he only started in French, long speech, and then started with English. The warming up was in French only and not all mics were working. And the only one speaking English wasn't able to improvise beyond asking if we were ready and pointing out superhero costumes.

I truly do not know which idiot thought it was a good idea to mix up the corrals and at random assign people with children in the first corral? Especially as the first few 100 meters were extremely narrow.

I was happy with my time, according to my running app, I was able to finish under 30 minutes, which was a nice surprise. But when I came over the finish line I saw still runners entering the Studios, and even when I entered the Village there were still people starting.

I didn't stop for any characters the queues were very long. (Saw Black Widow, Thor, Captain America and two others meet, but I'm not at home in the Marvel Universe :P so don't know!)
Very good comment, especially about the corral randomization. It boggles the mind what they were thinking. So many places i just had to walk. I'm not upset about people being slow because i am now too, and it's not their fault where they were placed but a girl almost behind me nearly took a head dive into the side of the Car pool (i think? The one where they do stunt cars?) ...it was very close and best case if she fell in would be her wet, but worst would be a split head. And allllllllll because the course narrowed and people were jammed up

I didn‘t see Black Widow, but can add Gamora, Loki and Black Panther (that line was absolutely insane!) to the list.

When I made it to the finish line at 9:20, they had run out of water, therre was just aplle and grape juice left, I think.

I still prefer the US races and will probably never quite enjoy Paris, which really bugs me because I need about 11 hours less to get here. :worried:

I was in the very front of E, which started at 8:42.

There were definitely people who could do sub-2 halfs in E. And like others, I saw very small children and walkers in A. Their corralling system definitely needs work.

When I made it to the finish line at 9:20, they had run out of water, therre was just aplle and grape juice left, I think.

Interesting. I finished about the same time and they had water, but no juice. As chaotic as the finish area was it could simply have been what we each walked into - I went past a man saying ‘how did we miss the water’ and I told him where it was. Almost missed the snack box for the same reason.

Weird. I was on the right side, and some guy in front of mr asked for water, and they told him that there wasn‘t any left. Although I wouldn‘t be too surprised if they just meant to say that there was no water at this table...

For what im paying, the way ive been treated at the cheyenne hotel l... I have no words

I was stunned this evening. Note:This is a rant so people please feel free to skip.

I got back to Newport Bay after the race and went to the Yacht Club restaurant, hoping to eat quickly before going to bed due to the 7am race tomorrow. I asked if there was a dress code, at which point a waiter burst out laughing in my face and quickly left the area because he couldn't contain himself and the manager disbelievingly asked "You want to eat in that?!" (Note: I was wearing the 5k t-shirt and a regular pair of long shorts I've traveled the globe in.) After that, the manager said there was no dresscode, but I didn't trust what service I would recieve after their reactions.

As a result, I refuse to ever eat at their restaurant. If they had politely told me there was a dress code, I would have changed and returned later. I sense this castle to chateau will be a one and done for me. I was warned that the Disneyland Paris staff are not as "magical" as the Disney World staff, and I was fine with that, but I have never been treated so rudely by people working in a theme park restaurant.
</rant>

Anyone staying at the Cheyenne? Can you tell me if your air conditioning is working? I have it set to 17 c which is 69 F,and it has been set for 8 hours, and yet room temperature is still 80 F. I even tried prying window open but it only helped 2 degrees. What is going here?

I can't fall asleep in this heat. Sigh

Very good comment, especially about the corral randomization. It boggles the mind what they were thinking. So many places i just had to walk. I'm not upset about people being slow because i am now too, and it's not their fault where they were placed but a girl almost behind me nearly took a head dive into the side of the Car pool (i think? The one where they do stunt cars?) ...it was very close and best case if she fell in would be her wet, but worst would be a split head. And allllllllll because the course narrowed and people were jammed up

I am positive that the last two years (in 2016 I did the half, 2017 the 10k and the half) they had 3 group, professionals, recreational and specials (people in wheelchair, blind people etc.) Most of the semi-professionals/experienced runners in the second group just made sure they were as much to the front as possible. Arrived early and already worked their way forward. Also the starting line had a fairly open space for people to get ahead of the crowds.

We also experienced some pushing in the beginning as people were trying to run, but couldn't. With all those little ones in the race, this was dangerous and irresponsible.

Anyone staying at the Cheyenne? Can you tell me if your air conditioning is working? I have it set to 17 c which is 69 F,and it has been set for 8 hours, and yet room temperature is still 80 F. I even tried prying window open but it only helped 2 degrees. What is going here?

I can't fall asleep in this heat. Sigh

I’m at Sequoia but I have the same issue. I set it to 68F Friday morning and it’s still hot in the room. I wasn’t able to fall asleep until well after midnight.

Sequoia is basically Pop (pre renovation) at Wilderness Lodge rates.

I never want to do a morning race right after a night race again. :crazy2:

I’m at Sequoia but I have the same issue. I set it to 68F Friday morning and it’s still hot in the room. I wasn’t able to fall asleep until well after midnight.

Sequoia is basically Pop (pre renovation) at Wilderness Lodge rates.

I never want to do a morning race right after a night race again. :crazy2:

I’m at sequoia and agree completely. It’s kinda a shame.

This race is a mess. Lol. All shirts were given out except Smalls when I got there yesterday. Hello, I booked this race 8 months ago. Nobody knows anything to help if you have questions and I speak enough French to get by so that isn’t an issue. I’ll never complain about RD in the US. At least the weather and location is pretty good.

I’m at sequoia and agree completely. It’s kinda a shame.

No issues with the airco in my room in Sequoia.

It was a better race than yesterday. Skipped most characters except Flotsam & Jetsam. (Hatter & March Hare, stepsisters, smee, brer fox & bear and one new villain I didn't know)

The shirt problem is mainly caused by people from out of France who didn't check the size model, so many people were switching their size. But it is bad they then took shirts from bags of people who still had to pick up their ordered size.

No busses at the Cheynne this morning. We all had to walk while other hotel buses drove past.

The lines for pictures are insane. I waited for 2 pictures and it was 29 minutes. I think part of the problem (aside from a lot of people wanting pictures and me being in the last corral) is that the staffers have to scan each bib after the prior photos are taken and that they don't move people along. I saw one guy take a selfie, ask the staffer to take a picture with his cell, then made the next people wait while he framed and took a picture of the character alone. It was for the Sheriff of Nottingham, who then of course left right before I was up, and Brer Bear and Fox came out. I was disappointed.

To add on to Karin1984's list: Cat & Fox from Pinocchio; Sheriff of Nottingham; Kronk switched with Bowler Hat Guy; Hatter & March (probably) switched with Cheshire Cat. I didn't see the evil stepsisters so maybe they switched with someone?

Edit: One more thing I noticed that was ridiculous. At the end of the race there were a bunch of people picking up mylar blankets. A staffer came over and said we couldn't take them and then covered them up with a sheet/table cloth and stood guard. It's in the 50s, let people have mylar blankets, Disney.

Last edited:
Missed the memo about busses. I’ve been walking to and from Sequoia. Only 10-15 minutes to, and not much longer back.

I noticed this morning that there's a security entrance across from Sequoia that looked pretty empty since I guess most of the people using it are just Newport Bay guests. I'll probably try out that line tomorrow since the line for the security entrance near New York got pretty long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!