Disneyland Paris Half 2017

From Facebook:
[URL='https://www.facebook.com/HeveH?fref=ufi&rc=p']Heather Ritchie We booked through Sports Tours for the 10K and the HM but there wasn't an option that specifically said it was for the Challenge. I take it we will still be eligible for the Challenge medal as we booked both races at the same time?

Run Disney France[/URL] Bonjour Heather ! In a few weeks, you will receive an email with a link to complete your registration. You will then be able to "tick" the challenge box to register
1f642.png

From Facebook:
Heather Ritchie We booked through Sports Tours for the 10K and the HM but there wasn't an option that specifically said it was for the Challenge. I take it we will still be eligible for the Challenge medal as we booked both races at the same time?

Run Disney France
Bonjour Heather ! In a few weeks, you will receive an email with a link to complete your registration. You will then be able to "tick" the challenge box to register
1f642.png

Thank you! Even though this is what I was told when I booked it's still nice to have confirmation so I don't stress out lol

Popping in to say hi!

We were only toying with DLP a few weeks ago when we stumbled across some well priced flights yesterday. Booked a refundable hotel just outside the DLP properties and really hoping that we're able to get bib-only registration to keep the costs down for a "last minute" trip across the pond (our first)!

Thank you to everyone who shared so much information here to confirm some things I thought I understood from my own digging, and answered some questions that I no longer needed to ask after skimming through the pages. Hope to see you all in the parks and be running alongside you!

My friend and I called Disneyland Paris yesterday to book our stay (hotel and race bibs). But the 10k was sold out?? I called a few days before to ask for the price and they didn't say anything about the 10k being sold out there.. so I was quite shocked!
Do you think they will release 10k bibs-only? We were hoping to do the challenge. I can't imagine that the 10k is completely sold out.. don't you think they are saving some bibs so they can release them?

are the bib only reg hard to come by? the prices to stay at DLP especially friday and saturday night are so high. tickets are cheap to parks but those rooms are over priced imo.

If last year is anything to go by then there should be plenty of bib only entries available. @Disneyqueendenmark it could be that the 10k allocation for the resort stays is sold out? I would be very surprised if it's sold out completely because they are still pushing the advertisement for the challenge and there are so many people waiting for bib only sales. Definitely ring again though because DLP are known for giving out different information all the time!!

If last year is anything to go by then there should be plenty of bib only entries available. @Disneyqueendenmark it could be that the 10k allocation for the resort stays is sold out? I would be very surprised if it's sold out completely because they are still pushing the advertisement for the challenge and there are so many people waiting for bib only sales. Definitely ring again though because DLP are known for giving out different information all the time!!
They allow 8.000 starters for the 10K! It is also my guess, that "only" the resort stays are sold out.

Did they say anything about the 5k?

My wife is definitely hoping that they aren't completely sold out for the 10k. I would guess that if anything was sold out, it would just be an allotment maybe for the hotel. GET Sports for US travelers isn't suggesting they are out of any of their entries to my knowledge; we were originally going to book through them until I came across the info about bibs-only being right around the corner.

Our hope for now is to keep our hotel only registration, buy discounted tickets from another third party source, and register for the challenge -- this method will save us more money than the cost of both races for the both of us if we can do it. If the 10k entries aren't available when bib-only launches, it sounds like the travel providers may still be a source to go with and just forgo such savings though -- assuming they don't then have the option of selling things off individually to avoid being left holding the bag.

Fingers crossed "early June" doesn't leave us wondering for much longer!

My wife is definitely hoping that they aren't completely sold out for the 10k. I would guess that if anything was sold out, it would just be an allotment maybe for the hotel. GET Sports for US travelers isn't suggesting they are out of any of their entries to my knowledge; we were originally going to book through them until I came across the info about bibs-only being right around the corner.

Our hope for now is to keep our hotel only registration, buy discounted tickets from another third party source, and register for the challenge -- this method will save us more money than the cost of both races for the both of us if we can do it. If the 10k entries aren't available when bib-only launches, it sounds like the travel providers may still be a source to go with and just forgo such savings though -- assuming they don't then have the option of selling things off individually to avoid being left holding the bag.

Fingers crossed "early June" doesn't leave us wondering for much longer!

What hotel have you booked? I stayed at Disneyland B&B and it was really nice. Also be sure to look at the annual passes as an option for tickets too, with the merch & food discount it may work out better. Depends on how many days you are staying for.

I've seen on one of the Facebook pages that you can no longer add bibs to the annual pass-holder bookings now either so I'm assuming they've shut it down either in preparation for bib only or because the allotment for hotels is full.

What hotel have you booked? I stayed at Disneyland B&B and it was really nice. Also be sure to look at the annual passes as an option for tickets too, with the merch & food discount it may work out better. Depends on how many days you are staying for.
We're booked at the Vienna House Dream Castle Paris, which looks on the map like it's just behind the B&B Hotel Disneyland. The Dream Castle and its neighboring property, Magic Circus, were available on Priceline for $90-99/night with breakfast included and free cancellation through September.

I don't know if the annual pass would benefit us as we'll only be at DLP for three days, but I'll take a look in case it could balance out with merch & food discounts -- the few glances I've taken at food, we're going to brace ourselves for a bit of a price shock even by US Disney standards. Thanks for the suggestion!

I'm incredibly tempted by this. Just need to see if I can make dates work and get time off work for this!

I posted on the website and they responded that bibs are now "early June" and that they would let the people who subscribed to the newsletter know a few days before they go on sale.

Anyone who maybe ran last year and can comment regarding the necessary medical certificate -- can we get that and edit our registration after initially signing up so long as it is before the August 1 deadline? Or do they expect you to have that at the moment of the initial registration? Thinking by the August deadline, but would hate to get halfway through a signup in "early June" to find out I'm missing a necessary component...

Anyone who maybe ran last year and can comment regarding the necessary medical certificate -- can we get that and edit our registration after initially signing up so long as it is before the August 1 deadline? Or do they expect you to have that at the moment of the initial registration? Thinking by the August deadline, but would hate to get halfway through a signup in "early June" to find out I'm missing a necessary component...

You can register in early June (hopefully I'll get a bib-only entry as well); and then they will send you a link to submit your medical certificates. As long as you send it in before August deadline you are fine; make sure to bring it with you to registration / packet pick-up just in case. They didn't ask for the medical certificate, but always come prepared.

I'd suggest getting in the certificate into their system as soon as possible, in case they have questions.

happy running

I just got this from GET sports (The TA I used to get my bibs):

ATTENTION Disneyland® Paris - Val d'Europe
Half Marathon Travelers!

Disneyland® Paris is preparing to send out all registration links through their new registration platform. Though GET Sports has collected some of this information, Disneyland® Paris is requesting all traveler information on this form to be confirmed by all guests. Please fill out this form as soon as possible.

Without the required information on this form, links cannot be sent, nor will you have access to their online electronic store to
pre-purchase commemorative items.

Hopefully this means they are opening registration soon!!!

"Without the required information on this form, links cannot be sent, nor will you have access to their online electronic store to pre-purchase commemorative items. "

YES!!! Now I dont have to be disappointed about the pins!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter