DisneyLand Paris first-timers Help Needed

paulanddebbie

Earning My Ears
Hi
We've just booked to go to Disney a week on Sunday staying at the Hotel Santa Fe for 3 nights. I have heard mixed reviews about the hotel itself but that doesn't concern us as to us, the hotel is just a place to get some sleep! Our main concern is the parks.
We are travelling via plane from East Midlands and have to get the shuttle from the airport to the resort/hotel. I have been told these shuttles are frequent. Is this true and are they easy to find at the airport and how much do they cost?
Just wondering if anyone that has been has any advice, thoughts etc that may come in handy. Anything will do.
What are the following rides like: Big Thunder Mountain. Pirates Of The Carribean. Indiana Jones Backwards. Space Mountain. Honey I Shrunk The Kids. Star Tours. Catastrophe Canyon. Armageddon. Aerosmith.
Any recommended restaurants? Annettes Diner?
What are the parades like?
Any advice welcome.
Thanks in advance, anything will be of great help to us in planning our magical holiday (by the way, this holiday is a surprise present for my girlfriend's birthday so I'm trying to plan this as much as I can)
Cheers
Paul

Hi Paul

There are several threads about the shuttle service from CGD airport to DLP - try the 'Search' facility to find the info you'll need.

A good website to check about what to do in the parks is the DLP Internet Guidebook. I'd also suggest buying the Brit's Guide to DLP written by Simon Veness, a regular contributor here.

All the rides you mention are excellent. They are the headline attractions at DLP so tend to have the longest queues: best way to deal with this is to make sure you arrive just before opening time and ride the main attractions first before the queues build up later in the day.

Anette's is good for burgers, chicken, etc and I think it's a better option than the fast food outlets inside the two parks. If you want a nice sit-down meal in an amazing location try The Blue Lagoon. It's amazing...

Regards

Rob

Thank you very much for your reply. I ordered a copy of Brits Guide yesterday so look forward to that coming and planning our break!
Cheers
Paul

Great rides - be warned Indiana Jones goes backwards & on our last visit made me feel ill for most of the morning after riding.

Space mountain tons better than the one at WDW.

A good place to eat burger chips etc is Cafe HYperion (spell?) in Magic Kingdom, where you can combine eating & watching a show.

Fast passes for Peter Pan go very quickly & after that queues can be terrible for a short ride. It my fav though now have to bribe my kids to go on with me!!!

thought sfor now if i think of any more Ill post again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!