Disneyland on New Year's Eve

1000th happy haunt

<font color=green>My source is knowledgable, but u
This will be my second trip to Disneyland for New Year's Eve. The first time we went, we got into the park early on the 31st, and didn't leave until after the midnight fireworks.

My question is--if you need to leave the park (like a mid-afternoon break), how can you make sure you'll be able to get in for the late night festivities (in case the park reaches capacity and they close the gates). I'm hoping it's something as simple as getting a handstamp to prove you gained admittance earlier, so they'll let you back in.

I'm sorry to say it isn't that simple. If you leave the park and it reaches full capacity you simply can't get back in unless enough people leave to cause them to re-open the gates. If the weather is decent on New Year's Eve the park usually stops admitting people relatively early in the afternoon. What you did on your first trip is the only way to be sure you will be in the park at midnight. Good luck.

P.J.

Has anyone heard of any special events for NYE? I called Tuesday and was told they didn't have that information yet, but that at 10am (CST) this morning (Thursday) we could begin making reservations for whatever is available. I would like to know what's available before that time if possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter