Disneyland Max Pass yes or no?

dhorner233

Disneyophile
Is the Max Pass worth it? How much extra is it? Does it work for all rides that have fast pass? How many fast passes can you have per day or at one time? My phone is sort of old and slow, will I just be frustrated? Do you have to be in the park to get a fast pass?

You might try posting this in the Disneyland (California) forum -- that's the trip planning forum -- where you'll get lots of good tips and suggestions on this topic. Also, use the search bar (upper right, under your name) for lots of information on MaxPass. This is an active topic here with many opinions, reviews, tips, etc.

Also, read through these recent threads:
FastPass, MaxPass
MaxPass
First time MaxPass user...Help with tips and how to use.

You might try posting this in the Disneyland (California) forum -- that's the trip planning forum -- where you'll get lots of good tips and suggestions on this topic. Also, use the search bar (upper right, under your name) for lots of information on MaxPass. This is an active topic here with many opinions, reviews, tips, etc.

Also, read through these recent threads:
FastPass, MaxPass
MaxPass
First time MaxPass user...Help with tips and how to use.

Thanks.

MaxPass is an extra $10 per day, per ticket. There are maybe 15 rides it can be used on (all Fast Pass rides: Splash, Haunted Mansion when it's doing FastPass, Space, Big Thunder, Buzz, Star Tours, it's a small world, Roger Rabbit [I think this still has FP], Grizzly, Incredicoaster, Soarin', Guardians, and Goofy's Sky School [and whatever other FP rides I missed]). You need it for each person in your party that wants to use it to go on any of the above rides. Of course, if you don't want to pay, there's always the Legacy FastPass system (that is, you go to the FP machine, scan your card, get your time and reminder). You can get a new MP every 90 minutes, *or* when you have used your last one, whatever is sooner. You will need a smartphone to use it (since it runs through the Disneyland app), and it helps significantly to have a data plan, otherwise you are stuck looking for a wifi hotspot to book your next MP. You need to be in the parks to activate the MP, but then can book outside the parks--for instance, if you are taking an afternoon dip in the pool at the hotel, you can book a MP for when you will be back in the park (same day only).

Personally, I love it and won't go without it!

I think it's worth it. You add it to your pass each day at $10, so if it turns out you do not like it you can forego the rest of your trip. I like it a lot because I can look on the app, and based on the duration of the queues and timing of fastpass return quickly decide which attraction makes sense for the maxpass. You can also add all tickets in your party and get fastpasses for everyone at the same time.

Photopass is part of the maxpass package, so I think it's worth it.

MaxPass is an extra $10 per day, per ticket. There are maybe 15 rides it can be used on (all Fast Pass rides: Splash, Haunted Mansion when it's doing FastPass, Space, Big Thunder, Buzz, Star Tours, it's a small world, Roger Rabbit [I think this still has FP], Grizzly, Incredicoaster, Soarin', Guardians, and Goofy's Sky School [and whatever other FP rides I missed]). You need it for each person in your party that wants to use it to go on any of the above rides. Of course, if you don't want to pay, there's always the Legacy FastPass system (that is, you go to the FP machine, scan your card, get your time and reminder). You can get a new MP every 90 minutes, *or* when you have used your last one, whatever is sooner. You will need a smartphone to use it (since it runs through the Disneyland app), and it helps significantly to have a data plan, otherwise you are stuck looking for a wifi hotspot to book your next MP. You need to be in the parks to activate the MP, but then can book outside the parks--for instance, if you are taking an afternoon dip in the pool at the hotel, you can book a MP for when you will be back in the park (same day only).

Personally, I love it and won't go without it!

I think it's worth it. You add it to your pass each day at $10, so if it turns out you do not like it you can forego the rest of your trip. I like it a lot because I can look on the app, and based on the duration of the queues and timing of fastpass return quickly decide which attraction makes sense for the maxpass. You can also add all tickets in your party and get fastpasses for everyone at the same time.

Photopass is part of the maxpass package, so I think it's worth it.

Thanks! That's the kind of information I was looking for. I like that I don't have to decide until I'm there at the park and can do it one day and not the next. I just hope my phone is fast enough to keep up.

Yes, absolutely for us.
We use FP a lot and that means lots of walking. The new Max saves us all those steps.

Nope, old school....... but we do not ride every ride either.
Take lots of pics, sit on a bench and enjoy the ambiance...... eat and shop!
But you know that about me, Denise! ;)

--Lori

We were there a month ago, with a party of 7, and used it in DL but not CA. We found it amazing, being able to book FP with out actually going to the ride and coordinating the day in conjunction with the app and seeing wait times in real time; it helped us make the smartest decisions in regards to how we proceeded. The unlimited Photo Pass is almost worth it in itself...

Yes, get it. First time user a few days ago and absolutely worth $10 a day, $75 for my AP. We were in the parks last Friday, Saturday, and Monday the 6th. Monday was by far the busiest for us, but we did 12 rides before noon using Maxpass (only 4 rest of day as we took a long afternoon siesta to get out of the humidity). I have a iPhone 7+ and using Maxpass all day and looking at photopass photos only drained my battery down by 30% for 14 hours in the park on Saturday.

We used it last August about when it started and would not do with out it, came in very handy in the later afternoons.

Jack

We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel for the first time last week from Palm Sunday until Holy Saturday. We went to Disneyland Park on Wednesday and Good Friday. We didn’t happen to go on EMH days, but we were at the monorail by 8:00am both days. We had decided not to get Maxpass. It was an excellent decision because we didn’t even need to fastpass any rides at all. We waited no more than 10-15 minutes at the most. The only ride we missed was Peter Pan because the wait was 35 minutes when the park opened and just got longer and longer. Unfortunately Peter Pan doesn’t have fastpass or we definitely would have used one for that ride.

Maxpass would have been a waste of money for us.

....I'll be honest: the $15 each for the two of us was well worth it - that is, until the entire system crashed around 2:30 PM and we could no longer use the app to retrieve the FPs that we had AND we couldn't get any more FPs...

....I'll be honest: the $15 each for the two of us was well worth it - that is, until the entire system crashed around 2:30 PM and we could no longer use the app to retrieve the FPs that we had AND we couldn't get any more FPs...
You can scan your park ticket to use maxpasses also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!