Disneyland/LA area

Discussion in 'California & the West' started by Amw1064, Jul 12, 2017.

1. JenniBarra

JenniBarra Mouseketeer

Something your girls might like would be The Hollywood Museum. It's on North Highland so probably close to where it sounds like you may be spending time anyway (i.e. Walk of Fame.) It's in the old Max Factor building so it also includes some exhibits related to glamour makeup for past starlets. When I visited a few years or so ago, it had a mix of both old and new Hollywood so they can see things that may have high appeal to them, like costumes from the Hunger Games.

Amw1064 likes this.
  2. Amw1064

Amw1064 DIS Veteran

Just bumping up my thread. We have bought the tickets so this is a go. We will arrive around 9:30 in the morning on a Friday and stay in Hollywood area. At some point on Monday we will move to Grand CA at Disney. We are DVC members so this will save us a ton of money. Buying the 4 day hopper pass for Tuesday-Friday and will head to the aiport on Saturday morning to fly home. We are still looking at where to stay in the Hollywood area. Thinking of somewhere near Hollywood & Highland. I see the Loews Hollywood hotel is there but pretty pricey in June. We are considering doing an airbnb with our friends and splitting cost. Anyone have any recommendations on any? Thanks so much.

Would Santa Monica pier be a good first stop after we fly in? I figure room won't be ready until afternoon.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. Frozen2014

Frozen2014 DIS Veteran

Hello. Your trip sounds similar to our. So exciting! We stayed at Hollywood Orchid Suites which is right next to the Loews. Reasonable and cute boutique hotel. Rooms a good size and staff great. We to on an Uber to Santa Monica Pier. I have pics on my report link below. We really enjoyed.
    We also did 4 day park hopper Tues to Fri, and found adding MaxPaas was great if it's in your budget.
    Enjoy your trip! We lovedc the LA/Disney mix.

Amw1064 likes this.
  5. cruisehopeful

cruisehopeful Wishing I was taking a nap on a ship.

It's a good idea. It isn't the most exciting thing, but a good way to kill an hour or 2.

6. Amw1064

Amw1064 DIS Veteran

Anyone want to offer suggestions for which days and how we should do this. Will arrive by 10am on a Friday and leaving LA area some time on Monday. Staying in the Hollywood area (undecided at this point) Loews, Orchid Suites, HIExpress Hollywood? Will have a car.

Santa Monica Pier, Warner Brothers Studio Tour, The Grove/Farmers Market, Griffith Observatory, Hollywood sign, Walk of fame, Chinese Theater, Hollywood/Highland mall, another other tours you recommend?

7. skuttle

skuttle Counting down until our 1st DLR trip! June 2018!

We are planning our first trip for June, so I can share our plan, but since we’ve never been I can guarantee that it’s a good plan! We have three boys: 14,7 and 5. Skipping tours because don’t think the younger two would enjoy.

Friday: We arrive around 1030am. Renting a car. Plan to head straight to Santa Monica. Not sure how long we’ll stay there. Spending night at Hollywood holiday inn. I couldn’t justify the price of Loews for the five of us (over $600/night) for one night when we won’t be able to enjoy the hotel. Depending on when we finish Santa Monica, may do some Hollywood stuff (observatory, walk of fame, theater, Hollywood/Highland, etc.).

Saturday: More holywood stuff. Depends on what we get done Friday. Evening will be Dodgers game at 515pm. Spending night at hotel in downtown LA.

Sunday: California science center/Endeavour. Whenever we are done, will head over to Disneyland to check in.

Amw1064 likes this.