Disneyland June 8 (Day 3)

GeorgeY

<font color=navy>Let me just say "I Love living in
Background:
Myself: 31 yr old software developer
Wife: 34 yr old Teacher
Son1: 7 yr old
Son2: 3 yr old:

Today is going to be a short report, since most of the day was spent in LegoLand in Carlsbad, CA.
We woke up around 8:30am today, thats sleeping in. We headed right down to the car. We called valet and had them pull it up, and it was waiting for us when we got down there. We drove the hour down to Legoland and had a really good day. In Contrast to DCA, our Son2 could ride almost everything here. The lines were minimal and the weather was cool. At 4pm, we headed back to Disney. Now I must say our dreams agent Michelle did warn us about traffic, but I really didn't expect I-5 to be a parking lot. It was so slow. We even took pictures of it. At some times it took 10 minutes to go 1 mile. Fortunatly, the boys fell asleep and didn't add to the stress. We had to stop at a sports store and buy some swimsuits however, since we left all of ours hanging in the shower at the PismoBeach hotel before we left for Disneyland. About 8 miles from Disneyland, Son2 wakes up and guess what, Its time for the bathroom. Normally 8 miles, he could handle, but with the traffic, the poor boy. He made it though, even after we got off on the wrong exit and ended up on Disney Way. Once we got back to the hotel, I drove up and dropped them off at the lobby and decided to self park to save some money. Self park is nice, but you do have to crossover Disneyland Drive.
We look at the room service menu and decide to go to White Water Snacks and get some quick food for dinner. (Hey, we have to get our moneys worth out of the Refillible Mugs). I got the drinks and desserts and took them back to the room, while my wife ordered the food. I ordered the Coney Island Hot Dog, but I thought it said Corny Dog. I was expecting a corn dog. Well when she gets up to the room, I look at it and it is loaded with Chile and cheese. You know what, if there is one food I really hate, its Chile. My wife knew that,but thought I was in the mood for a change.
We then head over to Disneyland, we do use the California Adventure entrance again, it is just alot quicker then dealing with Downtown Disney crowds. But as we walk by Soarin over California, there is no line agian, so Son1 wants to ride it. My wife has yet to ride, so she goes in and we get a baby swap ticket. I take Son2 for a walk around the Grizzly Mountain, and when I get back they are out and we use the swap ticket to go in, but didn't need it, there wasn't anyone in line. We again get row 1 and loved it.

It is now around 9pm, and "Believe...Theres Magic in the Stars" starts at 9:30pm. This is one of the must sees that I had on my list. I am a little worried, thinking that Main street will already be too crowded to get a good spot. The Re-Entry line for Disneyland was about 100 people long. But once we got on Main Street, there was hardly anyone waiting for the fireworks. At 9:15 I even feel a little wierd just standing on Main Street doing nothing. But once they make the 10 minute announcement, Main Street fills up, it was full, but not uncomfortable. The show was really good. The fireworks are much lower than WDW, but allowed for the castle to be in view. After the show, we were just too tired to do anything. We did walk back through DownTown Disney since DCA was closed. It was very busy. Son2 was begging to ride the tram. We say okay we'll ride it tomorrow when it isn't busy (we never do though). Back in the room, it doesn' t take long to fall asleep.

George

Wow, that is a FULL day! :D Glad you enjoyed Legoland, it most definitely is GREAT for the little ones and even older kids who aren't thrill riders (like mine).

The traffic is a bear, no doubt about it, though. :(

That's so funny about the hot dog! :D At least you made the best of it.

Can't wait to read more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter