Disneyland in an RV

rosiep

<font color=deeppink>I don't drink, I try to conve
Hi- I was wondering if anyone has experience in visiting DL in an RV. I am torn between staying in the RV at on of the RV Parks and using ART or staying in one of the nearby resorts. Will the Good Neighbor hotels have RV parking?

We always go in our motorhome. We have stayed at all 3 of the RV parks. I preferred Anaheim Harbor only because it's close and the cheapest. It is a parking lot with hookups. It does have a nice little pool that is very clean. They also have security at night.
We always unhook the MH and drive in to Mickey and Friends lot. It has an " Oversize Vehicle " lot. It was real close to the tram loading area. Not sure now since they moved the security check point. This works great for afternoon naps and lunch. Also, if you decide to take your RV to the lot, if they are diverting traffic to another lot. Stay in the left lane and go right toward the cones and they will move them to let you in.
The ART stops just a few feet away in front of Shakey's Pizza.
I'm not sure about the resorts letting you park. Not sure what your RV is. Trailer, motorhome or fifth wheel. Seems most are pretty tight on parking.

I know there is oversized parking. It used to be by M&F, but I believe it's been moved to somewhere in the Toy Story lot.

We stayed at Anaheim RV Resort. It's a very nice park with trees, some grass, and nice facilities. The ART shuttle stops at the office & there is a kiosk to buy passes. The route when we were there was first stop in the morning, and the first drop off home so it was nice that we always got a seat in the morning and didn't have to be on the shuttle long on the way home. It also only had IIRC 2 or 3 stops.

Uber can be cheaper than the shuttle if there are more than 2 of you. Uber is about $5.15 each way, whereas the shuttle charges between $4.00-5.00/day per person. It's defo cheaper than oversized parking, which I believe is $30.00.

We are avid RVers and have stayed at camp grounds in the area many times but frankly, staying at one of the nearby hotels is a lot more convenient.

The DL website says that oversized vehicle parking is now at Toy Story. As a PP mentioned, it did used to be right next to the tram loading area at Mickey & Friends but they are building another parking structure in that spot now.

There are lots of folks who love the Toy Story lot on here but I'll confess I'm not one of them. So I'd either stay at an RV park with an ART stop or find a hotel that can accommodate your rig for parking. I think you'd have to check with individual hotels on oversized parking availability. I'm picturing the lots at Tropicana, BWPPI, PVI and many of the other "crosswalk" hotels on Harbor and not sure they would have space (though they may have a special area elsewhere or something). Tropicana you would not really even be able to get into the lot due to low overhang. But there are others that might be better. Hojo definitely has spots that would work and I'd think FFI would too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter