Disneyland Hotel pool unavailable

I have no idea how to change the title. I can change the post. Sorry.

So called and got bs answer. I hate we get downgraded to DPP instead of GCH pool. They wont do any sort of deal or discount since they say there is already one.... grrr.... We had a pool day planned. I just hate how we do not get access to GCH. Disneyland Hotel and GCH are both the luxury hotel, DPP is moderate level hotel. It is such a down grade. What they should say it Disneyland hotel guest can go to either hotel. That way it spreads out the crowds. They said they choose DPP cause it is closer.... we are still paying around 400.... those prices do not match what we are getting now.
$400 and no pool is ridiculous. You may as well switch to DPP and pay their lower prices if that is the pool you will be using anyway. Or move offsite. Courtyard Theme Park Entrance looks to have a great pool.

This is very disappointing news! I didn't get the email either but I am glad to have read it here to have the heads up. After agonizing for months over a hotel choice, I finally went ahead and booked the Disneyland Hotel for our first trip in February. One of the main reasons why I booked it was for the monorail slides that would have thrilled my monorail-obsessed kids. Now I have to decide if we spend even more money on the Grand Californian or switch to off site to save some cash. The problem is that my top offsite pick (Courtyard) doesn't seem to have a lot of rooms left so their rooms are actually a little more expensive than PPH and DLH (by the time I factor in the conversion from US to CDN and the winter discount for on site resorts).

$400 and no pool is ridiculous. You may as well switch to DPP and pay their lower prices if that is the pool you will be using anyway. Or move offsite. Courtyard Theme Park Entrance looks to have a great pool.

Yep we are looking into it. The problem is we coordinating with my parent in laws who got a deal I think through Costco so it makes things more difficult. :(

I’m not saying this isn’t crummy news but there IS the E Ticket pool. So it’s not like they don’t have a pool. Am I reading that right? The d ticket and slides will be closed (which I know sucks) but that the e ticket is still available?

Yeah, I just saw this as well. We ended up getting a good deal at the GCH so we decided to switch from the DLH reservation we already had. I am excited to stay the Grand but am bummed about not being at the DLH. We have always stayed off-site and decided to splurge for our next trip in March, but if we are going to do it then we don't want to be down to just the one pool and there with huge construction going on.

That would totally put a damper on our stay. DD can and will swim in a any weather and loves the DLH pool monorail slides. I would either move to PPH since you are already using their pool or like someone said book a cabana at GCH. Or just move everything to GCH

I called re: pool closure today as we are staying at DLH Early May. Was told monorail pool would be under construction until unknown May date but guests would be able to use either GCH or PP hotel pool. I guess I was probably given bad info based on OPs email (ability to use PP pool only) but wanted to share.

I called re: pool closure today as we are staying at DLH Early May. Was told monorail pool would be under construction until unknown May date but guests would be able to use either GCH or PP hotel pool. I guess I was probably given bad info based on OPs email (ability to use PP pool only) but wanted to share.

Maybe they change their mind after people complained. One can always hope.

Hmmmm maybe I should call too and ask if we could go to the GCH to swim. Our first day in Anaheim we were going to spend it at the pool/hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter