DisneyLand Hotel: Has anyone ever got a free room upgrade?

sara969

My Little Tinkerbell
We are planning to possibly go at the end of November during the week? So I am guessing that the Parks might not be so crowded at this time? :cool1:

Has anyone ever asked for a room upgrade in DLH and got it? What are the chances of getting upgraded from a Family Room for 5 to CC ? :worship:

Or perhaps get given free VIP Fast passes while staying in Family Room for 5 :P

Or am I just dreaming ??? :wizard:

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how much it would cost to upgrade from the Family Room for 5 to CC? We plan on staying for 5 nights during the week end of November. Do you think it will be worth the extra money for the upgrade? Is there a lot of difference between the rooms? Family Room for 5 to a CC ?

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how much it would cost to upgrade from the Family Room for 5 to CC? We plan on staying for 5 nights during the week end of November. Do you think it will be worth the extra money for the upgrade? Is there a lot of difference between the rooms? Family Room for 5 to a CC ?

If you stay in castle club then you will not get any discounts as any discount packages exclude Castle Club and staying 5 nights will make it expensive due to this

If you stay in castle club then you will not get any discounts as any discount packages exclude Castle Club and staying 5 nights will make it expensive due to this

Thank you for your reply. Is there anyway to get VIP Fastpass tickets without staying in CC? Or do you think that VIP Fast pass tickets are not really necessary during end of November? Many thanks again for being so helpful

Thank you for your reply. Is there anyway to get VIP Fastpass tickets without staying in CC? Or do you think that VIP Fast pass tickets are not really necessary during end of November? Many thanks again for being so helpful
Hey I would say VIP fastpasses are definitely not needed the end of November! That's normally when I go (my birthday is the 29th so it's natural!). You'll be able to get on everyone you want especially if you have extra magic hours.

I've never had an upgrade staying in the Disneyland Hotel but I've been upgraded from the Cheyenne to the Sequoia and from the Sequoia to the Newport Bay so upgrades do happen.

Fantastic News! So glad the parks will be less busy at that time. :mickeyjum Nice upgrade, that was lucky :tink:

Never heard of free upgrade to CC.

They would lose money in that upgrade (you'd be eating extra food etc) so only hear of CC upgrades when there's been a problem with a room etc.

It's was over 3x more expensive for us to stay CC next March than standard. (An extra £2500 for 4 nights.)

Never heard of free upgrade to CC.

They would lose money in that upgrade (you'd be eating extra food etc) so only hear of CC upgrades when there's been a problem with a room etc.

It's was over 3x more expensive for us to stay CC next March than standard. (An extra £2500 for 4 nights.)

Oh my goodness! That is really expensive. I'd rather spend that money shopping :)

I could be remembering wrong but back in 2010 I think my mum emailed the Disneyland Hotel and we were upgraded to a room with a balcony for free..

I could be remembering wrong but back in 2010 I think my mum emailed the Disneyland Hotel and we were upgraded to a room with a balcony for free..

Wow that's very lucky! I will give it a try, you never know. But not sure if the Family Room for 5 have balconies. Not sure what an upgrade from Family Room is :banana::wizard:

You'll still get a family room as otherwise youd be getting a smaller room than you've paid for. But you might just get a terrace or balcony if you've paid standard.

I have heard of it so it is possible ..... however I think it's extremely unlikely.

If you're celebrating something special you could always send an email and mention this. DH did this when we went for my 50th - he actually emailed to request a connecting (or adjoining) room for our DDs and just happened to mention (as an afterthought, of course! ;) ) that it was my big birthday and our wedding anniversary whilst we were there and we were given connecting rooms with a lovely view of BTM and some beautiful flowers.

I've read on here that others have mentioned celebrations and received plushes, fizzy, upgrades to nicer rooms etc.

I'd never ask for an upgrade unless I was prepared to pay for it and bear in mind that it's a huge upgrade from standard room to CC so if they do anything for free it's far more likely to be a nice view or terrace/balcony. Also, I expect they receive countless requests every day so someone has to have the short straw and the grotty view!

Personally, I think you'll find it's enough of a treat to be staying in the pink palace! :cloud9: I'd be happy in the broom cupboard! :rotfl:

I have heard of it so it is possible ..... however I think it's extremely unlikely.

If you're celebrating something special you could always send an email and mention this. DH did this when we went for my 50th - he actually emailed to request a connecting (or adjoining) room for our DDs and just happened to mention (as an afterthought, of course! ;) ) that it was my big birthday and our wedding anniversary whilst we were there and we were given connecting rooms with a lovely view of BTM and some beautiful flowers.

I've read on here that others have mentioned celebrations and received plushes, fizzy, upgrades to nicer rooms etc.

I'd never ask for an upgrade unless I was prepared to pay for it and bear in mind that it's a huge upgrade from standard room to CC so if they do anything for free it's far more likely to be a nice view or terrace/balcony. Also, I expect they receive countless requests every day so someone has to have the short straw and the grotty view!

Personally, I think you'll find it's enough of a treat to be staying in the pink palace! :cloud9: I'd be happy in the broom cupboard! :rotfl:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl:
Yes you are right. :rotfl:
This will be our first time staying in the Disneyland Hotel. I am super excited and it will be a wonderful treat. I'm sure the family room will be great. I can't wait :cool1::banana:

This will be our first time staying in the Disneyland Hotel. I am super excited and it will be a wonderful treat. I'm sure the family room will be great. I can't wait :cool1::banana:
I just checked and I was correct, my mother emailed the DLH requesting an extra bed for my brother as the Disneyland Hotel mostly has doubles and we would be sharing a room as a family (I was 18 at the time, my brother was 22). She casually mentioned in the email that it was our first time visiting Disneyland Paris as a family (as well as some other personal stuff) and actually requested if we could have a room with a balcony.

When we arrived we had a balcony and an extra bed, ahaha!

Just throw DLH an email, there's no harm in trying is there? :P

I got a fantastic upgrade last year at the DLH. I paid for CC for my daughter and I but really couldn't stretch to park view. I emailed to tell CC that my daughter had recently turned 18 and that it was a special trip to celebrate her going to going away to University. I asked if it would be possible to have a nice view and we got a park view with balcony, balloons in the room, sweets, flowers and a special lanyard for my daughter. We were overwhelmed - it made a special trip unforgettable. I have had other upgrades over the years too - some very small (choc coins, room with a view).
Last year it was September mid week so I guess I was lucky that CC wasn't fully booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter