Disneyland for Christmas? Thanks Goodness.

thumpergirl101

SA 2015 Alumna
Welcome! First of all, let me point out that I know this feels insanely early. It's only October, but I've been counting down the days to Disney for awhile now, and I just can't wait any longer.

I think this is actually the first time I've ever posted on here; mostly I just come read when I'm feeling particularly Disney deprived. But the older I get, the more excited I get about upcoming Disney trips, because the parks really are the Happiest Place on Earth for me. Whenever I'm feeling sad, I picture myself at Disneyland, and I either end up feeling better or depressed. But it's worth it.

My name is Kira, and I'm an 18-year-old college freshman. I chose to attend college outside my home state, so at times it can be rather stressful and lonely, but usually a good dose of Disney can get me through it. I've lived most of my life in California, so my childhood was a blend of constant Disney movies and family vacations to Disneyland, which became an uncontrollable obsession. I love Disney as much as I've ever loved anything. I can't wait to apply for the DCP next year, since it sounds like the best thing ever.

While I may whine pretty often about how much I miss Disneyland, in reality its only been around 10 months since I've been there, but it sure feels like an eternity. Since getting back, I started my first ever job, moved away from home, started college, and started working two new jobs so I can afford to live. It's been sort of a stressful time, and I need some Disney to scare away the winter blues (it snows here! And it gets below 30 degrees! I might die).

It's been a long time since my whole family has been to Disneyland together, so we can planning a Christmas extravaganza: five whole days! None of us has ever spent five days in the parks before, and we are looking forward to a slightly less frantic trip. Still, as my mother and I especially are Disney fanatics, it certainly won't end up being laid back. Other than me, no one in my family has been to a Disney park since December 2010's great Disney World vacation, so we've definitely got some catching up to do.

Since it's so far out, we don't have any definite touring plans yet, but we're veterans, and there's only so much you can plan anyway. But, as I'm sure most of you have noticed by now, Disney food is the greatest food in the world. Hands down. No contest. So, to make this post slightly more interesting, I though I'd share my current food plan. 10 WHOLE DISNEY MEALS. It's a dream come true.

A couple of my favorites appear on here twice, because I just love them so much that I can't resist.

First up, a double dose of red beans and rice from the French Market. I first had this on my graduation trip in January, and may I say I was simply blown away. So delicious. I can only hope they live up to my standards this time around.

Again, two servings of Steak Gumbo from the Royal Street Veranda. I've been eating this stuff for several years now, and it gets me so excited that we found the recipe and make it at home sometimes. But even that can't compare to how it tastes at Disneyland. I'm sure you all understand.

Another perennial favorite: the Countdown Chicken Fusilli from Red Rocket's Pizza Port. So good. But so filling. Still, I'm never willing to share.

One more option that I've eaten before: the Mediterranean skewers from the Paradise Garden Grill in California Adventure. Again, I first tried these in January, and I was favorably impressed. I can't rave about these as much as I can the first three meals, but I'm definitely going back for more.

Now for the new stuff! After browsing lots of Disney food posts, I'm intrigued by the Specialty Chicken from the Plaza Inn. Usually we don't waste time eating at sit-down restaurants, but with five days, I think it's about time we tried.

Next, the Chili Cone Queso from the Cozy Cones in Cars Land. I really wanted to check this out in January, but didn't get the chance. Still, I love some good warm soup, and anything that comes in a cone has got to be good.

Again, I really wanted to eat at Flo's V8 Café, but it was closed when we tried to go last time. So I definitely need to check out the Pork Loin. I love me some good meat.

And finally, after looking at a bunch of pictures I am tempted by the Shredded Beef Nachos at White Water Snacks in the Grand Californian. We've never spent much time in there, and it sounds nice to see how the other side lives (and eats).

So that's the plan. First, may I lament for a moment that the Taste Pilot's Grill no longer serves ribs. I am a meat girl, and it makes me quite sad that they've gotten rid of one of my regular meals.:worried: But nevertheless, it does give me the chance to try some new stuff. 10 meals, planned. However, I'm totally open to suggestions. I really want to eat the Monte Cristos, I think at Café Orleans, but we're trying to have somewhat of a budget here, so I don't know if it will work out.

But anyway, please, if you know of any exceptional meals at DL, send them my way. I love food. And everything Disney. I'm so excited.

Okay-here's what I'm thinking when it comes to snacks, which I'm never hungry for but will happily cram in anyway.

1. Obviously, dole whip. Despite years of DL visits, I had my first one in January, and I'm excited for more.
2. Beignets! A family favorite. However, after eating the Mickey-shaped ones from the Mint Julep bar, let me say that I definitely prefer the ones at the Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney.
3. Hot cocoa! I recently became converted to Disney hot cocoa in a collectible mug while watching Fantasmic in the rain. Sigh. The perfect evening.
4. Churro bites from Cozy Cones. I am a big fan of fried dough. Topped with cinnamon sugar? I'm there.
5. I've always heard good things about Pooh's Corner, but I've never actually eaten any of the sweets from there, so I need to rectify that pronto.
6. Popcorn. How does Disney manage to do something so basic so much better than everyone else? It's perfection.
7. Funnel cake! After a few deprived trips, finally they've brought back my guilty pleasure to the Hungry Bear Restaurant. Oh, how I've missed that fried goodness.
8. And finally, the Firehouse Dalmatian Mint Sundae from the ice cream parlour on Main Street. Mmm. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

So that's the list. It's quite a bit of food to fit into a fairly short time, but trust me, I'll get it done. I'd sacrifice anything for Disney food. Even the weeks of dieting I'll need after this trip is over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!