Disneyland for a frequent DisneyWorld-er

nkmorgan87

Earning My Ears
Any suggestions for first time in Disneyland?

My wife and I frequent WDW and are planning our first trip to DL June 2019

I know things are different like fastpass and distance between parks. But does anyone have any tips/suggestions/inside information for making the transision??

Thanks!

This thread is a classic with lots of helpful information: A DLR Guide for WDW Vets. And try posting this thread on the trip planning forum -- Disneyland (California) -- you should get lots of suggestions and good advice there. The DLR/WDW topic can be an active one over there!

ETA: June 2019 is the supposed opening month for SWGE. If you are a SW fan, this can be great news. If you aren't into SW and aren't into huge crowds, this could be really bad news. There isn't an official opening date, so people around here are basing their guesses off of the AP blockout calendar. There are threads in the Disneyland (California) forum discussing guesses for the opening date. Also keep Grad Nite dates in mind. The 2019 dates have already been announced and there is a thread on the other forum. I'll see if I can find one to post here. (Found one! Lots of info here: Surviving Summer 2019 at Disneyland!.)

Last edited:

....we stayed at the DLH [4/24] and one thing I absolutely loved was the ease of security at the beginning of DTD.....a few mere steps further [to the left] is the entrance to the monorail. OMG, how easy it was to board that and wind up in Tomorrowland! From there, we walked around Autopia to board the train, which took us to the different parts of the park! Soooooo easy!

enhance

....the monorail station is upstairs:

enhance

enhance

[...this pic is without the monorail in the way - Disneyland Drive is below...]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!