Disneyland Fantasmic Standby

Catvondita

A Quirky Strange Girl in a Disney World
HI there!

I'm heading to Disneyland with my husband and some friends Dec 01-05. There are two shows for Saturday the 1st one at 9PM and 10:30PM. We're planning on seeing the second show but we are just going to be doing standby. Not doing any fastpass or dining package. Can you lovely people let me know where we should be trying to stand to get a decent spot? This will be our first time view DL's version as it wasn't running the last two times we went.

Also we would try to see the fireworks at 9:30 but I'm not married to it since I saw it last time and thought it was meh.

thanks!

Where will you be viewing fireworks? At the castle? Or from the ROA? If you view near the castle/Hub area, follow the crowds until you get to the Frontierland entrance, then head for the ROA. (If you'll already be by the ROA, this is easier.) Once by the Mark Twain dock, start asking the F! CMs (look for more senior CMs, like leads, who know what they're doing -- don't ask somone who looks new and confused) where a good standby spot might be. We've had good luck with CM suggestions for the second show. Sometimes they just lift the rope in their area and let you in.
Since this will be your first time seeing DL's F!, I highly recommend getting a dining package if the budget allows (HB is the least expensive and has good/very good viewing). Even a free FP can get you seated viewing right next to the dining package section if you are one of the first few guests lined up when the area opens.

Where will you be viewing fireworks? At the castle? Or from the ROA? If you view near the castle/Hub area, follow the crowds until you get to the Frontierland entrance, then head for the ROA. (If you'll already be by the ROA, this is easier.) Once by the Mark Twain dock, start asking the F! CMs (look for more senior CMs, like leads, who know what they're doing -- don't ask someone who looks new and confused) where a good standby spot might be. We've had good luck with CM suggestions for the second show. Sometimes they just lift the rope in their area and let you in.
Since this will be your first time seeing DL's F!, I highly recommend getting a dining package if the budget allows (HB is the least expensive and has good/very good viewing). Even a free FP can get you seated viewing right next to the dining package section if you are one of the first few guests lined up when the area opens.

Most likely the front of the castle since I'm going with a few newbies. As I stated not gonna do Dining Package or FP so just wanted to know where we should be lining up for standby :) I couldn't really tell when I looked online.

I've found some pretty good spots about 15-20 mins before the second show on the raised pathway in front of Cafe Orleans. It has a good view of the stage and the left water screen although I don't know what the very of Murphy the dragon is like since he's been a no show every time I've watched F!

We had a really good view when we did a walk up to the F! second viewing. We ended up sitting to the left of the Stage Door Cafe. We started at the little brick wall at the exit, and found an empty table right next to that space. Even though we were all the way in the back, we had a great view! It wasn't crowded, people weren't standing right in front of us, and we had a great time. I was glad we made the show. I usually try to get the BB dinner, but my husband who does Not like the food, refused to do that this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!