Disneyland Express to Holiday Inn Garden Grove? I messed up!

Yes I already tried changing with the hotel but because of the type of booking I made I would get charged the full amount so I have to suck it up!

The bad reviews for super shuttle outweigh the good ones so I really want to avoid it.
It’s only a ten min drive (and around $10) from DL hotel with Uber so I’ll probably do that!
Remember that complainers are far more likely to post negative reviews online than people who had good experiences ;)

I like Karmel Shuttle.

Super shuttle, meh. The drivers I’ve had were far too fast (though not as fast as a random shuttle I got at SNA once...my then husband was sitting in front and said the speedometer hit 90 on a flyover), most of the drivers I’ve had used multiple phones during the trip even after that wasn’t allowed, and it’s just meh.

And the way they schedule the shuttles is bizarre. I was leaving from HoJo and was the first to be picked up, very very early before my flight. The driver argued with me that I wasn’t the person, and kept pointing to the car seats near me, saying that she was only getting one person. Took too long for her to hear me that I was simply standing there; they weren’t mine. There was no one else there to be picked up. (The carseat owners were a larger group and weren’t anywhere near being ready to leave, and again she was only picking up one.) We then swirled all around Katella and Harbor For. An. Hour. And then ended up at? HoJo. Whyyyyyy I couldn’t have been picked up THEN I’ll never understand.

And then we finally hit the road. Took an hour and I was two hours early for my flight. Two hours in a shuttle. So fun! Everyone else knew each other (big health food expo) so it was jovial, but still a full shuttle.

Karmel has been far more transparent with booking. And only picks up prearranged fares at the airport, unlike other companies. Again with SS, on an early trip we went onto Ontario airport. It was hot and I was dressed for Seattle, my son was tired, the driver was unhappy that I insisted on installing the legally required car seat, we finally started driving. He drove very very slowly, and just as we were about to exit, he went back around again, hoping to find another fare.

Have I mentioned that I like Karmel?

I have used super shuttle a number of times over the last 10 years or so with no dramas at all. Coming from Australia our flights land early in the morning and leave late at night - so usually miss the traffic.
At most we have had 3 or 4 drop offs before our hotel, the same for leaving again.
I like the convenience of pre-booking and paying so after coming off a 12 hour flight all we need to do is get to the shuttle zone and hot have to worry about getting data etc for uber.

I have used super shuttle a number of times over the last 10 years or so with no dramas at all. Coming from Australia our flights land early in the morning and leave late at night - so usually miss the traffic.
At most we have had 3 or 4 drop offs before our hotel, the same for leaving again.
I like the convenience of pre-booking and paying so after coming off a 12 hour flight all we need to do is get to the shuttle zone and hot have to worry about getting data etc for uber.

exactly the same as me, I book and pay online in advance and print out the confirmation email.
After a 10 hour transatlantic flight, I am in no mood to start faffing around with a phone, so I just collect my luggage, walk out the door and the Super Shuttle pick up point is usually just a few feet down the path from the door, very easy to find when you are disorientated from a long haul flight to a different country. I then just hand the piece of paper to the Super Shuttle agent, and wait maybe 5 or 10 minutes for my shuttle. Very simple when your brain is mush.

I’ve also used SuperShuttle multiple times (this year) from both LAX and SNA and back without issue. We’ve always been the first ones dropped off and never had anyone picked up after us so I guess I’ve been lucky.

Hmm well I have a couple of months to decide! It’s definitely based on your own personal experience but I’m definitely warming towards SS now haha! V confusing! I do want to get it sorted and not just wing it when I arrive after an 11 hour flight from UK!

I'm a solo female visitor from Ireland. I have used Supershuttle multiple times over multiple years between LAX and Anaheim. I never had any issues.
Before I lived in LA, I’d come out to DL from Chicago, usually once a year. We always took SS and never had the slightest trouble.

The other thing that I’d try if it were me: I know you’ve already called the hotel and tried to change your res. What about the main HI reservation number - 1-800-465-4329? It never hurts to try and they may be willing/able to help in ways the hotel isn’t. I know I’ve always had great success (spoken in a Borat voice ;-)) when I’ve taken my issue higher. For example, I was once in Peru and had a rented cell phone. I was told that call recipients wouldn’t be charged anything more than their standard rate. However, a few weeks after I’d returned home, my mother got her bill. My 20-minute call to her from Cusco cost her $80! She called customer service, who weren’t empowered to do much. I then wrote a letter to a high-ranking exec at the corp level. That made all the difference. Someone called us - a much kinder, more professional woman - who was happy to help us. She knocked off 80% of the bill :-). I’ve had a number of experiences similar to that. It never hurts to try. You never know :-).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter