Disneyland Express to Holiday Inn Garden Grove? I messed up!

kanickie

Mouseketeer
Hello me again!
I totally messed up my resort booking and thought that I had booked the Holiday Inn S Manchester Ave which is a walk away from DLR. Unfortunately, I have booked the Holiday Inn in Garden Grove! The price is locked in so I can't change or cancel unless I pay full fee.

Originally I was planning to book the Disneyland Express which drops off directly to the Holiday Inn S Manchester- now that I have booked Holiday Inn Garden Grove I realise that it doesn't! :(

Again, I am travelling on my own so I need to make sure I have everything planned properly. Slightly apprehensive using a Super Shuttle as reviews are dreadful... do you know if there is anywhere close the DL Express drops off to that I can just uber/walk from?
Thanks!

Are you flying into LAX? You could always just get an Uber from there and go directly to your hotel. Or you could take the DL Express bus to the DLH and get an Uber from there to your hotel. Try emailing your hotel to ask if the DL Express drops off nearby.

Yep flying into LAX - Uber looks super expensive to me. I'm thinking that getting the DL Express to the closest hotel and then getting an uber from there might be the best option. I have just emailed DL Express too to see if they can offer a solution.

Hello me again!
I totally messed up my resort booking and thought that I had booked the Holiday Inn S Manchester Ave which is a walk away from DLR. Unfortunately, I have booked the Holiday Inn in Garden Grove! The price is locked in so I can't change or cancel unless I pay full fee.

Originally I was planning to book the Disneyland Express which drops off directly to the Holiday Inn S Manchester- now that I have booked Holiday Inn Garden Grove I realise that it doesn't! :(

Again, I am travelling on my own so I need to make sure I have everything planned properly. Slightly apprehensive using a Super Shuttle as reviews are dreadful... do you know if there is anywhere close the DL Express drops off to that I can just uber/walk from?
Thanks!
Our family has exclusively used Super Shuttle and we’ve only had good experiences. The shared shuttles can take reeaaaaaally long because of all the drop offs/pick ups, so years ago we switched to private shuttles and problem solved. It costs a little more, but it’s worth it to me. Also, I noticed the last time I booked that the private Executive Car was actually slightly less than the private shuttle, and can be booked for parties of three or fewer. I considered it, but wasn’t sure they wanted us latching our car seat in, so I passed this time. But that might be an option for you!

oooh just looked into Execucar and its $72 return! that's a great price just for me!

Reactions: EmJ
oh no the reviews are terrible! looks like its the Disneyland Express for me and uber option!

FWIW the reviews on the Disneyland Express aren't great either. It's not the same as WDW- here the bus is a completely separate company that has an agreement with Disney.

Others here recommend Lanksy's or Karmel shuttle as good options as well.

I just got back Sunday, and used Execucar, booked through Super Shuttle. We had a great experience. They sent a reminder email, the driver texted the morning of, to confirm pickup time, and either called or text d to say when he was there. Polite, efficient, perfectly clean and comfortable car, curbside pickup and help with your luggage.

I think the Disneyland express is the bus that first drops off at the disneyland hotel and then goes to about 30 more drop off hotels/sites. I heard it takes forever to get around to all of the hotels. I'd imagine anything in Garden Grove would definitely be at the end of the bus route. If you do take them, as others have suggested, just get off at the first stop, which I believe is the Disneyland hotel and then take an uber/lyft. It won't cost very much from there. I imagine a lot of people who use this bus do this to avoid wasting a ton of time riding around town waiting for their hotel stop.

Yes I already tried changing with the hotel but because of the type of booking I made I would get charged the full amount so I have to suck it up!

The bad reviews for super shuttle outweigh the good ones so I really want to avoid it.
It’s only a ten min drive (and around $10) from DL hotel with Uber so I’ll probably do that!

I'm a solo female visitor from Ireland. I have used Supershuttle multiple times over multiple years between LAX and Anaheim. I never had any issues. My most recent trip to Disneyland was June 2019. Dont let the bad reviews put you off, many people have a snobbish opinion and look down on shared rides and no matter what their experience will write a negative view online.

Always use Super Shuttle for airport to hotel and always had good experiences. I don’t mind sharing a shuttle and I’ve found were usually sharing it with other friendly Disney people. In fact, we just tried Lansky for the first time and while the direct transport was nice the driver was so rude and grumpy that it was just uncomfortable.

It was right at $50 each way to uber to the DLH from LAX. It was super easy, and I thought the cost was reasonable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!