Disneyland Dining Plan Questions

momoftwins

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
You know my brain is just not working this morning - wind chills are down to -24 - YIKES!. I was reading about the Disneyland dining plan over at Mousesavers. For the life of me, I do not get it. So, for example, for the 8 Disney dining plan, it says for an adult ($72) I will get the following:

1 - Character Breakfast buffet, per person
1 - Breakfast in the Park at Club Buzz or Pacific Wharf, per person
1 - $15.00 meal voucher per adult
2 - $10.00 meal vouchers per adult
2 - $10.00 meal vouchers per kid
1 - $5.00 meal voucher per kid
3 - snacks, per person ($5 value each)

Does this mean that each person in my party will also have to buy the dining plan (2 A$72 sets and 2C$54 sets) in order to use these vouchers?

Can we only buy one set of the 8 vouchers and share them? Can more than one voucher be used at a meal - ex: could the 2 $10.00 be combined at the same meal?

Do the kids get the same vouchers? Are the "voucher's per kid" options only good for kid's meals? If all of the voucher's are the same, why wouldn't I just buy "kid's vouchers"?

See told you I was confused. I really do appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Yes- each person has to purchase the meal plan in order to add it to your reservation. I am sure that they also designate which are adult and child meals. ( i have had the vouchers added to my package for the character buffets and it was marked on the voucher which was which.)
Hope this helps
smiles Patty

These are not the same as the Connections Vouchers at WDW, so where is the value. With the Quick and Casual voucher you pay $11 and can order anything off the menu. You order $20 worth of food, pay with the voucher and have saved $9 (I know tip and tax etc, but making this quick and easy).

With these vouchers where is the saving? A $10 voucher is only worth $10 of food, like a check or coupon. I don't get why I would need them, except to have a portion of the expenditure prepaid.

Jennifer

The savings is not that significant, but if you add up the total value of what you're getting for $72, you do come out slightly ahead.

For an adult you'd get:

1 - Character Breakfast buffet (value is around $20)
1 - Breakfast in the Park (value around $9)
1 - $15.00 meal voucher
2 - $10.00 meal vouchers
3 - snacks, per person ($5 value each)

Total value = about $79

Mary
MouseSavers.com

I guess that was the part I wasn't quite getting. A $5 savings then hunh? WooHoo. But there is the prepaid, don't have to worry about it aspect also.

Thanks for the math lesson Mary! :rolleyes: I should have asked my 3rd grader...hopeless! LOL!

Jennifer

My kids are such picky eaters, I would never get my monies worth with these.

Have a great Disney day!

if you order these. Someone please correct me, but you can't get change returned from them. So, for example, if you wnated a snack or meal that cost less than what the voucher is worth, you either need to buy something else you didn't want or less the extra value.

Also, if you decide to change plans, ie not go to a character meal, too bad.....you've paid for it. For example, I like to eat b'fast in our room and get to the park.....I don't want to "waste" early moring touring time by having b'fast at Club Buzz.

IMO, if you really want something "prepaid" that you won't spend on something else, buy Disney dollars.

personally, instead of disney dollars, I buy travelers checks when I have a few extra bucks. If I have more cash, for some reason, but not enough to buy the packet of travelers checks, this is what I do"

Suppose I have $60, and the pack of travelers checks is $100. I buy the pack of checks at my credit union (they're free for me) and immediately sign back over $40 worth back into my checking account, leaving me with the $60 I wanted.

I prefer the security of travelres checks.

Julia

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!