Disneyland Costco Packages

filghtBOS

Earning My Ears
Just found out about the Disneyland packages offered through Costco. I stumbled across something I found pretty interesting...so I thought I'd share.

With the Costco packages right now, you receive the regular vacation package benefits; in addition, you receive a Disney Gift Card (value based on the length of stay), and a premium character dining certificate for each member of your party. Pretty nice benefits for the same price.

What was interesting though, is that they had availability not available to the public. When I tried to book a standard view DLH package via the Disneyland site & phone operators, it was unavailable. All sold out. However, Costco was able to sell me one no problem (they're actually still available, vs. the DLH direct, which is still unavailable).

Normally this would worry me...a third-party "promising" a room, only to show up and not have a room available. However, when I call "Costco" to book, I am actually forwarded to a Disney-run phone line and am speaking with Disney's agents (I recognized the phone-tree voice, and was even asked to do a DLR Phone Reservations Center survey after).

I thought it was interesting that Costco struck some sort of deal with Disney to have them man a dedicated portion of their call center just for them. AND that the availability was different (more availability via Costco). All packages/mail/emails have been direct from DLR--not Costco or third-party travel agency. All-in-all, pretty interesting. Has anyone else had experience with this? Thoughts?

All BIG Travel Agencies get groups of rooms that are then unavailable to other TAs to book. And Disney Travel Company is another TA. So Costco has inventory that Orbitz doesn't and they have what Hotels.com doesn't etc etc, and they all have inventory that Disney Travel doesn't.

Very normal. :)

Yes, it has always been Disney Travel that you are actually booking with when going thru the Costco website, you just get the perks of being a Costco member. When you order online it takes you thru to the Disney website even when you start at the Costco Travel website.

It is actually very common. When I can't find a room through DL themselves, I usually check GetAwayToday.com first, then Orbitz, Expedia, or Cheaptickets.com. They sell various travel agencies set number of rooms. That is why sometimes you can get rooms at the last minute because when they don't sell, Disney will accept them back to resell.

Interesting. I know WDTC is technically a TA, but I always assumed they got preferred access to everything (could draw from 100% of rooms), whereas other agencies could only draw from, say, ~30% of rooms. Didn't think it was actually divided out into blocks.

Seems like Orbitz & WDTC's inventory lined up perfectly--thats why I thought they worked off the same pool. When one sold out, so did the other. Perhaps they have a different arrangement... Or perhaps it just happened, oddly, at the same time.

I wouldn't worry. We book through Costco all the time and I usually have to call to get my dates. I think it's so non-Costco members don't try to get the offers

I wouldn't worry. We book through Costco all the time and I usually have to call to get my dates. I think it's so non-Costco members don't try to get the offers

The booking went through just fine. I actually joined Costco just for this, because they had a standard view available (where no one else did), and they had the extra perks. They didn't bother me for the Costco number until the last step (with payment). I was able to check availability and everything without it.

Good to know!

Does anyone know if you can book just a DLR hotel through costco? Or even hotel plus other perks but minus the park tickets. We're AP holders so don't need tickets.

Good to know!

Does anyone know if you can book just a DLR hotel through costco? Or even hotel plus other perks but minus the park tickets. We're AP holders so don't need tickets.

I believe you can. They asked me if I wanted to "add on" tickets, so that would lead me to believe you could. I'm not sure if you'll get the bonuses that way, but its worth a try. Give them a call and they'll price it out. http://www.costcotravel.com/Theme-Parks

I just did a mock booking online and it looks like the lowest ticket you can do is a 1 Day 1 Park ticket for the number of people on the reservation. You can call Costco Travel direct and see if they will book you a hotel only reservation.

When are you planning on going? There is always the chance you can get a resort hotel with a AP discount during the off-season?

I believe you can. They asked me if I wanted to "add on" tickets, so that would lead me to believe you could. I'm not sure if you'll get the bonuses that way, but its worth a try. Give them a call and they'll price it out. http://www.costcotravel.com/Theme-Parks

Thank you!

I just did a mock booking online and it looks like the lowest ticket you can do is a 1 Day 1 Park ticket for the number of people on the reservation. You can call Costco Travel direct and see if they will book you a hotel only reservation.

When are you planning on going? There is always the chance you can get a resort hotel with a AP discount during the off-season?

Yes this is what I usually use. Planning a trip in September and early December so seeing what other options there are. We may go with non AP holders as well so it may actually be beneficial to have a ticket purchase option for them. It's hard to tell what the actual hotel discount is when doing a package so I probably will just call. Thank you!

Do you need to stay at a Disney hotel for this or is a good neighbor hotel ok? Can you book it through Costco online? Can you utilize your tickets prior to the beginning of your package date with this? (Planning an upcoming trip that will have split stays due to $ so trying to figure out my options.)

Do you need to stay at a Disney hotel for this or is a good neighbor hotel ok? Can you book it through Costco online? Can you utilize your tickets prior to the beginning of your package date with this? (Planning an upcoming trip that will have split stays due to $ so trying to figure out my options.)

The free gift card and dining offer is for Disney owned hotels only...BUT Costco has another offer just for Good Neighbor Hotels. It give you the 3rd/4th/5th night free (depending on the hotel), along with a free dining experience.

I believe your tickets get sent in advance...which would allow you to use them before you checkin. I'll know Monday when I receive my package (I'm going in ~3 weeks).

http://www.costcotravel.com/Specialty/Disney/Disneyland-Resort/Offers/DLRGNHFREENT201520140818

I believe your tickets get sent in advance...which would allow you to use them before you checkin. I'll know Monday when I receive my package (I'm going in ~3 weeks).

Yes, your meal tickets arrive in advance of your travel with all your travel documents. I just received mine!

I had a similar experience trying to get one night at a Universal Florida Hotel, for just one night. Nothing was available, at least not at Cabana Bay. I booked it thru Expedia or something instead, I was about to give up.

Good to know!

Yes you can!

When you call, them them you have APs. They'll ask for the numbers to confirm (you can call later & do this if you don't have all the cards when you book). They'll take off the cost of the PHs, and you'll get all the Costco perks. We just got back from 5-nights at DLH, and with out family of 5 we had $179 in dining vouchers plus a $60 gift card!

Yes you can!

When you call, them them you have APs. They'll ask for the numbers to confirm (you can call later & do this if you don't have all the cards when you book). They'll take off the cost of the PHs, and you'll get all the Costco perks. We just got back from 5-nights at DLH, and with out family of 5 we had $179 in dining vouchers plus a $60 gift card!
I've done this before, too, but we were required to have at least one person in the party purchase a ticket in order to qualify for the package. That was several years ago, though.

I'm glad this question was addressed on here. I have been looking at booking a package from Costco as well because of the perks that I found out about on here. However, I didn't find out until this thread that you had to "join a membership " to get these special offers which I am sure pays for the membership dues.Do I have to purchase a certain membership to be able to get the deals?

I'm glad this question was addressed on here. I have been looking at booking a package from Costco as well because of the perks that I found out about on here. However, I didn't find out until this thread that you had to "join a membership " to get these special offers which I am sure pays for the membership dues.Do I have to purchase a certain membership to be able to get the deals?

You can use any membership type to get these special offers. The base membership cost me $55. They will also refund your membership at any time, for any reason. The membership does have some good perks though.

Yes you can!

Great to know, thank you! Do you know what kind of discount on the hotel you received? In addition to the gift card and dining voucher?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!