Disneyland cat sighting.....

Grim_Grinning_Girl

DIS Veteran
We were there earlier in the month, had lunch on the river level of the Hungry Bear Restaurant when we suddenly noticed a big furry thing had approached our table :eek:. I was confused and wasn't sure what it was for a few seconds because the last thing I expected to see wandering around was a cat. As soon as we came to our senses we immediately started to feed it and the restaurant quickly became the Hunger Cat Restaurant :rolleyes: . I think this is the 2nd cat I have seen at Disneyland, but first close encounter. Other critter sightings from the same trip: crawfish and a cute mouse who liked our Cheez-its (crawfish do not like Cheez-its). No big roach sightings this time!

DisneylandCat.jpg

I've seen cats there and also often at Whitewater Snacks. I'm glad you didn't see roaches too! :eek:

That is the stupid cat that always likes to "avoid" me @ lower Hungry Bear! My DM has waited @ the tables there before & txted me that a cat was there. Whenever I would arrive moments later, the cat would be gone. This happened MANY times during the past few months. My friends have even seen the cat & then when I come, it's gone. Then a couple of weeks ago, I saw a furry dark cat walking towards the CM area & was like "It's the cat!" But then a minute later, I saw another cat that was grey w/ dark stripes and it had stopped infront of me before walking away. I later told my DM & she said that the cat she normally sees is the furry one (the one pictured in the op). So I always call this the "stupid cat" bc it's never there when I am.

We saw him/her last week when we were at Hungry Bear. We also saw another one there that looked similar to that one. They were very friendly (of course the lady sitting next to us was feeding them so I'm sure that had a lot to do with it!) ;)

That is the stupid cat that always likes to "avoid" me @ lower Hungry Bear! My DM has waited @ the tables there before & txted me that a cat was there. Whenever I would arrive moments later, the cat would be gone. This happened MANY times during the past few months. My friends have even seen the cat & then when I come, it's gone. Then a couple of weeks ago, I saw a furry dark cat walking towards the CM area & was like "It's the cat!" But then a minute later, I saw another cat that was grey w/ dark stripes and it had stopped infront of me before walking away. I later told my DM & she said that the cat she normally sees is the furry one (the one pictured in the op). So I always call this the "stupid cat" bc it's never there when I am.

LOL I wouldn't come visit you either if you called me a stupid cat. LOL

I too saw the cats at Hungry Bear restaurant last week. They were on the upper level and right under people's tables. I told the kids they were "Disney cats."

My DS13 and I were joking all week about all of the "animatronic ducks" in the moats and streams. When DS4 spotted a snail at the side of a walkway one morning, my first thought was "wild snail!", as in not a Disney creation. :rolleyes:

I hear after seeing all of the great Disney animatronics they have trouble with some people at WDW's Animal Kingdom thinking the animals aren't real ...

PHXscuba

Lol, I don't think you would see anyone since I highly doubt you are a cat at all.
And it's not like I started it & called it stupid the very first time. It started it. ;)

MEOW! :lmao:

I too saw the cats at Hungry Bear restaurant last week. They were on the upper level and right under people's tables. I told the kids they were "Disney cats."

My DS13 and I were joking all week about all of the "animatronic ducks" in the moats and streams. When DS4 spotted a snail at the side of a walkway one morning, my first thought was "wild snail!", as in not a Disney creation. :rolleyes:

I hear after seeing all of the great Disney animatronics they have trouble with some people at WDW's Animal Kingdom thinking the animals aren't real ...

PHXscuba

Wild snail!!! LOL We say stuff like that all the time, too funny......

We saw a few cats asleep in the long grass along the edge of the Rivers of America. I have some photos but I am not sure how to insert them into a post - sorry!

Thanks for the kitty pic. To post pictures you just have to put them on something like photobucket, then copy and paste the url. I'd really like to eat at the Hungry Bear once just for the kitty experience but I haven't heard much about the restaurant. Any reviews?

Hey, I have pictures of that kitty, too! :rotfl: He, and a less fluffy friend, visited us on the upper dining level of the Hungry Bear last Friday.

I've seen kitties hanging out in the way back (usually closed) section of the Hungry Bear, right when the restaurant first opens. But this past February I was shocked to see one in that little fenced in area in the middle of Frontierland, a place that has a lot of people coming and going. Cute little fella. Wanted to take him home with me! :cutie:

DSCN0607.jpg

DSCN0608.jpg

DSCN0609.jpg

DSCN0610.jpg

IM IN UR DIZNEELAND STEALIN UR MAGICKS! :teeth:

There are also kitties right next to the restaurant by Soarin' (Condor Flats or something I think.) We see them every year. :) so cute! :lovestruc

Lol, I don't think you would see anyone since I highly doubt you are a cat at all.
And it's not like I started it & called it stupid the very first time. It started it. ;)

:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:

"I highly doubt"...like there's a tiny tiny possibility that she is, indeed, a cat. Oh man that was funny.

IM IN UR DIZNEELAND STEALIN UR MAGICKS! :teeth:

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Must be 'nice'...Be in disneyland all day,,,for free,,,and get fed too. :thumbsup2

Seriously! Though they can't ride the rides that have height requirements. And they don't really fit in seatbelts. Hmm.

But they are fed with 'cat food', and there's a constant buffet of those little bitty mice that hide out in the Matterhorn and NOS areas (that I've seen). Love those little micies!

:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:

"I highly doubt"...like there's a tiny tiny possibility that she is, indeed, a cat. Oh man that was funny.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Seriously! Though they can't ride the rides that have height requirements. And they don't really fit in seatbelts. Hmm.

But they are fed with 'cat food', and there's a constant buffet of those little bitty mice that hide out in the Matterhorn and NOS areas (that I've seen). Love those little micies!

well, I did Meow.......:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter