• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Capacity CLosures? plz help!

Jen72386

DIS Veteran
Ok so even if you have your hand stamped they wont let you back in? that seems ridiculous! they should just stop sales of tickets and new entry. what if you have family in there? they would have to let you in in theory wouldnt they? :mad: :sad2:

rules are rules. unfortunately. you have to be patient and try calling your family members inside about your whereabouts.

having a plan b always work well.

i know that it is ridiculous but you should always plan ahead specially about taking risks on going offsite (park) during peak seasons.

I believe the park stops selling tickets at a given time to avoid an enormous crowd.

an enormous angry crowd = chaos= not good for business.

DL has 5 levels of closing.

Level 1--they stop selling tickets (meaning anyone who already has a ticket can still get in).

Level 2--No new entries (this applies only to non-DL Hotel guests and non--AP holders)

Level 3--AP holders who haven't been in the park already that day can't get in.

Level 4--DL hotel guests who haven't been in the park that day can't get in.

Level 5--No re-entries.

Yesterday they reached at least to level 1. On other days this month (Dec 10 comes to mind) they've reached level 5. This is done for safety--the fire marshall is the one who sets park capacity and the one who says they've got to start shutting down the gates/ticket booths.

Just back last night...Almost everyday that we were there, the gates closed. On Tuesday, they stopped selling tix in the afternoon, and when we returned, our stamp was checked and we reentered even though the gates were closed to entry. Yesterday, they stopped selling tix by 1130 AM and no entry at all at 130pm.Christmas Day, a cast member told us that records were set this Xmas season and the gates opened and closes 2 times.
Im all for closing the gates in times like that........It is unbelievable trying to move around DL when it is like that . We expected it, due to the time we went. At times, there was a 120 minute wait for Space Mountain, 160 minutes for Spash mnt.and people were freaking out, just obviously not having fun.I really felt for the cast members. The woman working front desk at our hotel said that New Years is going to be the busiest that she has seen in 6 years, partly due to 50th Ann.

We were there yesterday as well. It took about 30 minutes in line just to buy tickets. This was at around 10:30. We then saw the line into DL was extremely long so we went over to DCA for a little while, and then crossed back over. I heard murmurs that the parks were closed to capacity, but we never had trouble getting back in. If you are patient, the parks usually reopen as people leave, so you should then be able to get back in. We found that using cell phones to meet up with the rest of our group worked the best.

I am visiting my sister in Huntington Beach and we went yesterday. The signs said Disneyland was full, but we decided to inquire about it. They said they would let us in if we bought 2 day park hoppers and would not let us enter with a single day ticket. They did however let us in to Disneyland free after 10 PM. We spent the day at CA Adventure and still had a blast.

You can't blame Disneyland. The Fire Marshall sets the number. It is done for safety. You and a few thousand of your newest freinds also have family in the park. If they let you in they have to let everyone else in.

This kind of thing always makes me wonder what the actual park capacity is. I have heard 75,000, but I was there on Dec. 11 and heard CM's talking about the attendance for Dec. 10, and they said it was 47,000. That makes me think that the 75,000 figure is way out of line if they were at level 5 on that day with 47,000.

I was in the park on Dec 10th and believe me it was miserable to try and move around, especially nearing fireworks time. I would love to know what the attendance was that day. Is there any way of finding out?
Vickie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter