• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland area hotels - day rate?

Not that I know of, but you could Priceline a room for cheap and then just use it for the day, I guess. What did you need a day room for?, if you don't mind the question.

Why would you want room just for the day. I see you are from SoCal so I assume it means you have a young child that you might need a nap.

My only advice is to get room accross the way and hope that you can get use of that room before the standard 3 or 4pm.

I guess I should have explained myself a bit better! We do live in Southern Calif but we're going on a Friday during the summer and taking a toddler. We wanted to be able to take a break from the parks in the afternoon and take naps, then go back to the park in the evening. We live too far away, especially with traffic on Friday, which is why we wanted to stretch out our day as much as possible. Maybe I should just check out getting a room for Friday night?
Thanks!
Suzy

I was looking for one too, but had no luck. We ended up booking the Red Roof Inn for 1 "Night" at a decent price.

The reason we need a room for the day is we are getting off the Magic in the morning and our flight isnt until 9:00pm. We are going to the Red Sox/Angels game at 1:00. We cant take our luggage with us and werent too thrilled about renting a car, and then leaving all our luggage(video cam, etc...) in the car, parked for 4 hours. So, we booked a room. Its a little more expensive, but well worth the peace of mind. Plus we will have a place to wash up, change, etc... after the game and before our flight.

FirstTimeCruiser said:
I guess I should have explained myself a bit better! We do live in Southern Calif but we're going on a Friday during the summer and taking a toddler. We wanted to be able to take a break from the parks in the afternoon and take naps, then go back to the park in the evening. We live too far away, especially with traffic on Friday, which is why we wanted to stretch out our day as much as possible. Maybe I should just check out getting a room for Friday night?
Thanks!
Suzy

That is what I thought, if it is a late afternoon break than getting a room for that night should work. You should be able to check in by 3 or sooner, take a nap, and then head back to the parks. Another plan, and this depends on the child a lot, is to let them nap in a stroller and not really leave the parks at all. We did this a long time ago when my dd was little. We would park over in a quiet corner of the park (or the lobby/common areas in the Grand California are nice) and find a place to relax while she slept. By the end of the trip we were in the parks doing baby swap rides while she slept. However I must admit she is a great sleeper I couldn't have done this with my two boys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter