Disneyland annual passholder fights 1-year ban for selling tickets on eBay

I don’t know but I feel like someone isn’t telling the whole story. He says listed at face value, Disney says sold for more than face value.
Not my research, but people who believe they found the expired eBay listing have been sharing it in other groups. (The seller’s name matches the passholder’s.) If true, he did list it for face value…as the starting bid for auction. And also set a higher than face value Buy It Now price, which is what they sold for when you look at the bid history.

I’ll say it again. Personally, I have a hard time believing someone who’s been a pass holder since the 90’s is all shocked Pikachu face about the reselling policy.

Not my research, but people who believe they found the expired eBay listing have been sharing it in other groups. (The seller’s name matches the passholder’s.) If true, he did list it for face value…as the starting bid for auction. And also set a higher than face value Buy It Now price, which is what they sold for when you look at the bid history.

I’ll say it again. Personally, I have a hard time believing someone who’s been a pass holder since the 90’s is all shocked Pikachu face about the reselling policy.
Agreed. And I love this metaphor 😆

This whole story reminds me of the naysayers in OBB threads that are convinced we are making these types of stories up. Now we have definitive proof!

I don't see why the guy is surprised that Disney came down on him for selling event night tickets. Claiming he didn't realize it wasn't allowed seems disingenuous. Who doesn't know you can't (legally) resell Disney tickets on ebay? Now honestly, I didn't know you weren't allowed to give them to someone else, but selling them on ebay?

Maybe call or chat with Disney first for something like that. But to be honest, I'm glad Disney holds a strict policy to prevent resales. Just because this guy supposedly didn't charge more than he paid doesn't mean others won't. Who wants the tickets to go to resellers who will drastically raise the price to a sold-out event?

It's a hard and expensive lesson learned, I guess, but I'm happy that Disney is trying to stop scalpers.

I read over on another site that he and his wife wrote articles on Disney events they were *invited* to. If so, he never had a chance with his appeal. Higher standard; should’ve known better.

The article is unclear. He says in one part that he sold them at face value, and then later it says when he apologized to Disney he sold them for more than face value.

Either someone isn’t telling the truth or both are correct: buy it now at face value, but with a profitable shipping cost.

I wish they were refundable. We bought tickets for 2 after dark events in the last few years that we couldn't attend and Disneyland wouldn't make any exceptions for refunds, even for a medical emergency. After the last time we decided not to try anymore. I asked why they can't refund them, just out of curiosity, and the CM said that since they only set up a site to sell them temporarily it would be too difficult to do refunds.

I read that someone was not allowed a refund for the death of an attendee and members of their party (happened the night before). If so, this seems unreasonably cruel.

It also makes me wonder if Andrew called beforehand and was told no refund? From what I understand, he and his wife came down with Covid on a Disney cruise.

However, according to the article, it states:

“Guests with extenuating circumstances are encouraged to contact Disneyland regarding potential options based on ticket type, according to Disneyland officials.”

Personally, I think there should be some kind of system for event refunds with a cancellation fee, waitlist, lottery, etc.

IMG_4523.jpeg

The last part of this policy must have just been added, not sure when, but I don’t remember seeing it last year when posting in the OBB thread regarding resellers. Last year when resellers got their OBB tickets canceled, their cards were refunded.

Finally, not sure if anyone caught this, but Disney also said if he was making payments on a payment plan, he would still owe the money, yikes.

Last edited:
Finally, not sure if anyone caught this, but Disney also said if he was making payments on a payment plan, he would still owe the money, yikes.
Yep- since it's a loan not membership. Guest's often think if they stop paying their Magic Key it will just turn off their pass.... not only that but you'll quickly be sent to collections with credit score impact.

Glad Disney is cracking down on all this resell junk it truly needs to stop which will allow tickets for those who actually want to go to events.

Last edited:
Yep- since it's a loan not membership. Guest's often think if they stop paying their Magic Key it will just turn off their pass.... not only that but you'll quickly be sent to collections with credit score impact.

Glad Disney is cracking down on all this resell junk it truly needs to stop which will allow tickets for those who actually want to go to events.

I understood how the monthly payments work, but thought it was worth highlighting for those who break T&C.

Again, this year DL is not just going after event passes, but the APs attached to them as well. Whether they are paid in full or not, the contract stands.

Last year they simply cancelled and refunded event tickets.

Imo, Disney is sending a clear message on this, and perhaps even more (merchandise resellers)?

Another thing, I don’t believe the family was trespassed. Most likely just blocked from the MK. I could be wrong.

For reference, here’s my photo from last year showing Disney refunding scalpers.

IMG_4530.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter