Disneyland Anaheim first timer

ChrisL186

Chris
I’m an avid listener to the WDW editon Dis Unplugged every week, and have visited WDW many times, travelling the U.K. I’m hoping to visit the original Disneyland later this year for the first time in Early October. Could anybody direct me to any Dis Unplugged episodes about Disneyland for first timers. I know it’s a completely different experience to Florida, so I’d be very grateful of any hints or tips you could give me. I’m trying to pick a good hotel within walking distance and with plenty of restaurants nearby. Does anybody have any suggestions please, thank you

I’m an avid listener to the WDW editon Dis Unplugged every week, and have visited WDW many times, travelling the U.K. I’m hoping to visit the original Disneyland later this year for the first time in Early October. Could anybody direct me to any Dis Unplugged episodes about Disneyland for first timers. I know it’s a completely different experience to Florida, so I’d be very grateful of any hints or tips you could give me. I’m trying to pick a good hotel within walking distance and with plenty of restaurants nearby. Does anybody have any suggestions please, thank you

My main one is to post your question on the Disneyland forum:
https://www.disboards.com/forums/disneyland-california.26/

This will probably get moved there soon anyway.

I’m an avid listener to the WDW editon Dis Unplugged every week, and have visited WDW many times, travelling from the U.K. I’m hoping to visit the original Disneyland later this year for the first time in Early October. Could anybody direct me to any Dis Unplugged episodes about Disneyland for first timers. I know it’s a completely different experience to Florida, so I’d be very grateful of any hints or tips you could give me. I’m trying to pick a good hotel within walking distance and with plenty of restaurants nearby. Does anybody have any suggestions please, thank you

Moving you to the DL forum where there are lots of Stickied info threads and the DL experts can also assist you! :)

Do you have your dates for early October? There will be Halloween parties happening during that time. We have started to prefer staying a little bit further away from Disneyland and taking an Uber to the parks about $5 depending on where you stay. If you have infants or toddlers in your group then you will probably want to be in walking distance. Where do you usually stay at when visiting WDW? What are your favorite restaurants in WDW?

... I’m hoping to visit the original Disneyland later this year for the first time in Early October...

Here is the link for Halloween Time at DLR and Mickey's Halloween Party for 2018: Mickey's Halloween Party and Halloween Time Superthread 2018!!. The first two posts will give you the party dates (see if there are any that occur during your visit -- MHP is lots of fun!) and a good description of what happens during Halloween Time in the parks. Keep in mind that DL will close early to non-MHP guests on party nights; so if you won't be park hopping (and hopping is so easy at DLR), you should schedule around this. If you wish to attend MHP, look into buying your ticket soon. One of the parties has already sold out, and most/all parties do sell out each year.
Also, the Gay Days convention (unofficial event at DLR every year) will be Oct. 5-7 this year. This is a big event, and that weekend is also a 3 day holiday weekend, so there will be large crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!