Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite on August 27, 2020

dina444444

DIS Veteran
We’re excited to announce Disneyland After Dark—the after-hours park experience—will celebrate all things from a galaxy far, far away during Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite on Aug. 27!*** Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite will take place on the opening night of Star Wars Celebration, which is the ultimate Star Wars fan convention hosted at the Anaheim Convention Center Aug. 27-30.

Star Wars Nite is a separate ticket evening event in Disneyland park featuring unique entertainment, special food, one-of-a-kind photo opportunities, collectible merchandise and more, including:

• Exclusive after-hours access to Disneyland park, with access beginning at 6 p.m.
  • Special entertainment, including a special Star Wars-themed fireworks spectacular, galactic dance parties, character encounters and more!
  • Enhanced décor, event merchandise and inspired food and beverages.
  • Immersive Star Wars-themed photo opportunities.
  • Unlimited digital downloads of Disney PhotoPass photos taken during the party.
A limited quantity of tickets will be available soon! Stay tuned to Disneyland.com for more information.

***The number of tickets available are limited and valid only for the specific event date and hours. Parking fees are not included in the ticket price. Tickets can be purchased online, at Disney Desk locations in participating Good Neighbor Hotels, or by calling (714) 781-4636 until the day before the event, or at any Disneyland® Resort Ticket Booth. Limit eight (8) tickets per person, and no discounts apply. Tickets not required for Guests ages 2 and under. Tickets are non-transferable, non-refundable and may not be resold. Costumes are subject to Disney guidelines and should not be obstructive or offensive; please check special event costume guidelines athttps://disneyland.disney.go.com/faq/parks/dress/for restrictions. Offer and event elements are subject to restrictions, change or cancellation without notice.

Source

Very interesting. You have to assume that RotR and MF:SR will be open during this event. If not, it sure is a weird look for a Star Wars night to not have them open.

How will they handle boarding groups for this? They could cut off the morning regular BGs by the time the party starts, that's easy. But do they do a second BG drop later specifically for the party? Do they just open a standby line for the party? Interesting.

The DL website hints at a few more details, including "attractions" being available, but does not give any specifics about RotR or MF:SR.

On August 27, Disneyland Park will host Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite, a separately ticketed after-hours event where lands converge for an otherworldly adventure like none other. The journey begins at Star Wars Launch Bay in Tomorrowland, includes favorite Disneyland Park offerings plus special experiences and culminates in Batuu’s auspicious Twin Moons Eclipse Day celebration at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.

Partygoers of all ages will be granted after-hours access to enjoy character encounters, fireworks, photo ops, dancing, entertainment, food, merchandise, attractions, décor and more. Commemorative credentials and a souvenir event guide are also included. Check our costume guidelines for details about dressing up as your favorite character—then get ready to join a cavalcade of Star Wars luminaries.

So mark those calendars, join the “after-dark” side and immerse yourself in an evening of exciting sights, sounds and unique Star Wars offerings sure to shift spirits into hyperdrive!

I'm guessing they've changed the wording:

"In addition, you can take the controls of the most famous ship in the galaxy aboard Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run and race through the halls of a Star Destroyer on the all-new Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance! This epic, new adventure blurs the lines between fantasy and reality on a scale never seen before in a Disney attraction."

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ur-star-wars-adventures-at-disneyland-resort/

Sounds fun! But August is so far away!

Just booked a room. Hope I can get tickets...this is going to be so much fun!
Same here booked a room. Anybody have any idea on how far in advance do they normally start selling After Dark tickets? I imagine with Star Wars Celebration going on it’ll be a quick sellout and don’t wanna miss out on tickets.

I booked that week in August just last month, with a room rate of $89/night.
That will make it a little easier to pay for the event ticket.
I notice the same room online is now $159/night.

I’m curious to see how they’ll handle ROTR at the DAD event next week (not SW themed). I’m so tempted... if I can go on ROTR multiple times without a BG this just might be worth going for even just a day...

I emailed Disneyland a couple days ago and asked if ROTR would be open for the event. Their response didn’t answer my question but I might as well post it here:

“Thank you for contacting the Disneyland® Resort.

Although Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite was announced on the Disney Parks Blog, there has not been specific information provided about what attractions guests will have access to during the special event. I recommend to continue looking for more information on the Disney Parks Blog, www.disneyparksblog.com, as more details are announced. You can find the original event announcement article at the following link: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ur-star-wars-adventures-at-disneyland-resort/.”

So I guess we just have to keep checking. I won’t buy a ticket to this event unless I know ROTR will be open because I can easily do everything else as many times as I want any time.

This will be our last night at Disney. Any idea how this will impact us? Do we have to leave early?

Thanks!

This will be our last night at Disney. Any idea how this will impact us? Do we have to leave early?

Thanks!
The party will be after the park closes to day guests. The park may close early like it does for the halloween parties.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter